Royal Turquoise Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady Bluffton

Nobility
City
Bluffton
Country
United States
Can we start a thread about a "jewel" not often associated with royal suites-- the turquoise?

thanks!

Great idea!

Austrian turquoise tiara and tiara of Marie Louise- the same tiaras.
picture from book: Tiaras: A History of splendour,

Glouchester Turquoise tiara.
picture from: Tiaras: A History of splendour,

and Margareth's Turquoise tiara
picture from: Tiaras: A History of splendour

Princess Astrid of Norway turquoise parure

If you go to the link for the two Norwegian princesses Astrid and Ragnhild you can see the parure princess Astrid was left by her grandmother Queen Maud, princess Maud of Great Britain. We know very litle her in Norway about this jewels, there is no picture of Queen Maud or any other royal wearing them, a mistery, but is said to be a gift for princess Maud when she married prince Carl of Denmark, later King Haakon of Norway.

Link

I've never seen turquoise so exquisitely set! Definitely favs in my book.:)

I love the Turquoise Tiara and jewelry of Princess Margaret. Now if I had a couple of million to spare and it was for sale, I would had purchased it. The tiara isn't too big and the jewelry is wonderful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love turquoise, and have a small collection of it from New Mexico and Arizona that my mother purchased in the 60's. I understand that this stone also comes from Turkey. Does anyone know where the most valuable turquoise comes from, and which colour is more valued (it can range from sky blue to almost green).

michelleq said:
I love the Turquoise Tiara and jewelry of Princess Margaret. Now if I had a couple of million to spare and it was for sale, I would had purchased it. The tiara isn't too big and the jewelry is wonderful.

Thanks to Magnolia's wonderful site you can view some pics.

http://www.mag-nolia.tmfweb.nl/United%20Kingdom/Margaret/Margaret.htm

Thanks for the link. All of the jewels are lovely. Makes you stand in awe and wonder how rich these royals truly are seeing as though this link shows us what belonged to just Princess Margaret.

bijoux said:
I love turquoise, and have a small collection of it from New Mexico and Arizona that my mother purchased in the 60's. I understand that this stone also comes from Turkey. Does anyone know where the most valuable turquoise comes from, and which colour is more valued (it can range from sky blue to almost green).

I believe that I read somewhere that the most valuable turquoise comes from Iran and has a clean sky blue color.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe China also produces turquoises.

Last edited:
I like specially the necklace of the first pic.Thanks for posting:flowers:

The Westminster halo tiara, originally created using the Arcots diamonds, was sold back in the fifties at auction, Harry Winston purchased it and removed the arcots and the hastings diamonds:
Das berühmte Westminster-Diadem mit den Arcot Diamanten - Westminster Halo Tiara with the Arcot diamonds

Rose Movius Palmer purchased it and had turquoises placed where the large diamonds had been:
LIFE: Mrs. Rose Movius Palmer Wearing A Million Dollars Worth Of Diamonds - Hosted by Google

LIFE: Mrs. Rose Movius Palmer Wearing A Million Dollars Worth Of Diamonds - Hosted by Google

Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall's turquoise necklace, courtesy of Warren:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=691856&postcount=196

All the jewels are amazing.Thanks so much for posting jcbcode 99:flowers:

All the jewels are amazing.Thanks so much for posting jcbcode 99:flowers:

You're welcome! I love turquoise jewelry when it is set classically like these pieces.

The Westminster halo tiara, originally created using the Arcots diamonds, was sold back in the fifties at auction, Harry Winston purchased it and removed the arcots and the hastings diamonds:
Das berühmte Westminster-Diadem mit den Arcot Diamanten - Westminster Halo Tiara with the Arcot diamonds

Rose Movius Palmer purchased it and had turquoises placed where the large diamonds had been:

Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall's turquoise necklace, courtesy of Warren:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=691856&postcount=196
The jewels are beautiful, Who is Rose Movius? and at what occasion was the DOCornwall wearing the turquiose necklace? With which tiara?

The jewels are beautiful, Who is Rose Movius? and at what occasion was the DOCornwall wearing the turquiose necklace? With which tiara?

If I remember correctly, it was the Diplomatic Corps reception in 2005, to which Camilla wore the turquiose necklace and the tiara that she had worn at her first wedding, as did her daughter Laura.

queen of denmark has one tiara not seen many times i would love to see it against dark hair
and princess lilian of sweden has a grand necklace
i have not seen it upclose

are there any Turquoise Jewellery in other royal houses.
we got to see princess theodora in the danish Turquoise tiara janury 14th 2012

Back
Top Bottom