Royal Sapphire Jewelry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would love to see the Belgian saphire tiara on Kate.

Nooooo, If Princess Louise of Belgium did not have such debts , it would have remain in our royal family.

I would think the tiara would have gone to Louise's children or her husbands family.
We'll never know.

I agree , with our royals such as Leopold II and later Princess Lilian a lot of our jewels
were sold. Kind regards.
By the way , do you have an idea when we will see Queen Paola again ? Have we to wait to November 15th??

Does anyone have any idea where this tiara, the Sapphire Bandeau Tiara, once belonging to Empress Maria Feodorovna and now belongs to the British Royal family is now? The last time it was seen was on Princess Margaret. It's such a beautiful piece! ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1453479792.604258.jpg

I'd love to see a good colour picture of that tiara!

Empress Marie Feodorovnas Sapphire Bandeau is a very beautiful piece. As it hasn't been seen at all since Princess Margaret, It's probably still in that mystery jewel vault deep down under Buckingham Palace :-D

Maybe they are keeping it for a future wife of Prince Harry ?

I also love QEII:s sapphire suite that she got from her father KGVI

But my favourite sapphires is the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Parure and the Dutch Sapphire parures.

Well this is only a photoshop pic but I I think it's still a good color one. I think it would look awesome on Kate if she ever decides to wear it. I mean she does have/borrow a lot of sapphire jewelry so...I hope this one comes out to play soon.ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1453567517.507204.jpg

I must say I love Eugenie's. I love the beautiful color, and the style. It almost looks like it is sitting in a flower.

I much prefer to the large flashy style of Sarah and Diana's. I usually love blue sapphires, but was never a fan of Diana/Kate's ring.

Eugenie's is one of my favorite rings...her future husband did a great job on that!

LaRae

Beautiful. Is it still in the posession of the Greek RF? I can't remember seeing it before.

The sapphire and diamond necklace went up for auction at Sotheby's Geneva on May 11, 2010.

Eugenie's engagement ring looks like her mothers imo.
I've never been a fan of rubies so neither is a personal fav of mine, but I love the sentiment behind the choice.

Last edited:
I must say I love Eugenie's. I love the beautiful color, and the style. It almost looks like it is sitting in a flower.

I much prefer to the large flashy style of Sarah and Diana's. I usually love blue sapphires, but was never a fan of Diana/Kate's ring.

I agree, Diana's engagement ring is very bulky and unattractive and years later Diana herself said that she chose it when she was very young and that she would have gone for something completely different if she had had the choice again. I'm surprised Kate accepted it to be honest.

The George VI necklace is truly lovely, the sapphires a beautiful colour.

But Louise was a Princess of Belgium by birth and married off into the Sachsen Coburg Gotha family. That tiara wouldn’t have ended up with the current main line of Belgium.

I do wonder where it is. It’s a beautiful piece.

Last edited:
But Louise was a Princess of Belgium by birth and married off into the Sachsen Coburg Gotha family. That tiara wouldn’t have ended up with the current main line of Belgium.

I do wonder where it is. It’s a beautiful piece.

Its whereabouts are currently unknown but Louise was forced to sell off her jewels following the break up of her marriage.

Its whereabouts are currently unknown but Louise was forced to sell off her jewels following the break up of her marriage.

Is there a written record of who purchased Princess Louise's jewels?

Back
Top Bottom