Royal Rings - all types

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have any additional pics, but I love Maxima's ring. What is the stone in the center? It looks like a topaz or orange sapphire. Does anyone know?

Dear CDM, i believe Stefano gave P. Caroline an engagment ring with three stones ( emeralds i think, but i´m not sure... ), and she used to wear it, along with her wedding ring, on a daily basais, lika any other married woman would do. After Stefano's death she wore two wedding rings for a while, and after marrying P. Ernst she strangly seems to have never again used a wedding ring. Odd!!!

I don't have any additional pics, but I love Maxima's ring. What is the stone in the center? It looks like a topaz or orange sapphire. Does anyone know?
I believe Maxima's ring is a rare orange diamond. Very expensive!!;)

I believe Maxima's ring is a rare orange diamond. Very expensive!!;)
I think that it is called cognac we have millions of them in Australia about 80% of the worlds supply ( I think?)
:ermm:

I think that it is called cognac we have millions of them in Australia about 80% of the worlds supply ( I think?)
:ermm:
I agree! but when a colored diamond reaches a color that can be called orange the price goes through the roof. I do love cognac diamonds and Australia is loaded with them. The treated ones are not as expensive. I read that Maxima's is 'natural orange' so it jumps to a whole new level of quality and bucks!;) good for her!!!

It is perhaps only ignorance, if I have the "impression", that Queens and Princesses do not attach so high a value on the possession of many rings as for instance necklaces.......There are engagement rings and wedding rings, but perhaps not so many phantasy rings? But this is certainly a misunderstanding of mine. Do you think, that they possess automatically to every necklace a matching ring? This would really interest me very much.:question:

No they have many different types of rings now days. Only very important historical pieces of jewelry tend to have matching pieces. So then you would see a ring match a necklace etc. It also depends on how many jewels a family owns as well. In addition to matching sets, they may also have necklaces and rings that look a like but do not belong together as a set.

Thank you very much indeed, Fashionista100, for your elucidate response. Now I can see and imagine it. With kind regards, Tilla.:)

Does anyone have a picture of Princess Margaret's engagement ring? Also a picture of the engagement ring of the Queen Mother?

Do you mean the engagement ring that Tony Armstrong-Jones gave her? He designed for her a ruby set like a rosebud with a diamond marguerite it was a play on her name Margaret Rose.

I want see pricess mary's engagment ring and wedding bad close up.Thanks!!!

In the USA it also seems to be popular to have just a diamond ring, often a solitaire of some sort. In the UK at any rate, all sorts of stones are popular. You can find coloured stones in the USA, but diamond-only ones do seem to be the most common.

When it comes to Germany engagement rings are not very common anymore and often (just as the term engagement itself) considered oldfashioned. Most couples, who decide to have an engagement ring, both partners will wear a simple silver band (like those: http://www.eheringe-shop.de/images/medium/p6226792.jpg ). At the moment it is quite fashionable to have a little diamond in the woman's ring. At least all young couples, i know, who had an engagement, had rings similar to those on the picture.
But of course there are couples with classic "Tiffany" Engagement Rings (Solitaire-Diamond in White Gold oder Silver) or Gemstones.
Traditional, i think, simple silver bands were the most common and secondly rings with any kind of gemstone. My mom had an Ring (Gold) with a Ruby.

Wedding rings are tradtional just gold. Today they are often of silver, white gold or platinum or they have diamonds on it. As a wedding band i would prefer a very simple golden one (like this one:
Eheringe.JPG
4.bp.blogspot.com/_1W8ojV5aekQ/RsGMubzbGjI/AAAAAAAAANg/Zo_wp1rnERI/s1600-h/Eheringe.JPG

I personally like Mary's engagement ring best, as it is not to big and very straight-lined. Victoria's ring is also very nice, but i would prefer something more individual. The one from Princess Caroline with Junot (Saphire with diamonds) is also very nice.

Marie's ring has to much on it (florid, overcrowed) with a very wide golden band plus 3 different colors. Mette's and Mathilde's rings are absolutely not my taste. (Mathilde's because it is so wide and hast different types of metal http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=645&id=2452&zoektype=0&search=mathilde )

Wow that's a whopper!

Has anyone noticed that both Sarah ferguson and Diana wore the same cartier trinity ring on thier pinkies? I've seen it in many pics now.

Any pictures of the cullinan diamond ring???

I didn't know it had been made into a ring. Only the brooch.
My favourite rings would be.

Princess Mary's engament ring and wedding band. They are exsquiste. :flowers:

Has anyone noticed that both Sarah ferguson and Diana wore the same cartier trinity ring on thier pinkies? I've seen it in many pics now.
Yes I think it symbolized for both of them, their 2 children.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have pictures of the engagaement ring if Lady Helen Taylor- it is artdeco in design with a square cut emerald surrounded by diamonds

Royal wedding rings

Why do royal and aristocratic husbands wear their wedding rings on their little fingers instead of the proper wedding ring fingers?

Back
Top Bottom