Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Close up's on Mary's rings:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_e9OLDZlTqH...PE-Nieboer.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_e9OLDZlTqH...PE-Nieboer.jpg

Old 10-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Aristocracy

Looking at the first photo, I see that princess Mary's engagement ring is smaller than I thought. The stones are small considering that it's the engagement ring of a crown princess.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathl29 View Post
I totally agree - my engagement ring is a lot like Letizia's with the row of diamonds - I have never really liked solitaire diamond rings but I liked the idea of the diamonds across the band and it has proved to be a lot more practical in day to day wear than a larger solitaire would have been.
Yeah, I agree with you. Letizia's ring is very beautiful.

The people should know in Spain is not tradition to give the bride an engagement ring.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
I have one question: Why does princess Letizia wear her wedding ring on her right hand?? Usually it's on the left one. Does someone know about that,??
I don't know if you already had your answer but it's really simple, this is because Spanish people (with the exception of Catalonia) wear the wedding ring on the right hand . In the wedding, Prince Felipe had his on the right hand but he changed it, I don't know why.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is a good shot of Countess Alexandra's ring at her wedding at around 3:00

Wedding Prince Joachim & Miss Alexandra Manley, November 18, 1995 at Frederiksborg Church - YouTube
Old 02-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Nobility

Signet rings

The Prince of Wales is famous for wearing his signet ring. Do any other royals (men or women) wear signet rings normally? I know he gave a copy of his to Diana at some point, but I don't remember seeing pictures of her wearing it often.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe both Andrew and Edward wear theirs as well. Edward wears his wedding ring under his signet ring.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: British Engagement Rings, Part 1

My favorite here has got to be Queen Elizabeth's! It's so classic, timeless, and beautiful. Would love to have a ring like this. Other favorites of mine are the rings of, Diana/Catherine, Sophie, Sarah and Anne's (first ring). The rings of Zara, Autumn, Camilla and Anne's second ring don't impress me. Would love to see better photos of the Queen Mother's rings, they look beautiful.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I believe both Andrew and Edward wear theirs as well. Edward wears his wedding ring under his signet ring.
Andrew no longer wears his but Edward does, along with his wedding band under his signet ring.

I love the British engagement rings, they are all lovely. In fact I love ALL engagement rings...I want one! (Specifically, I want Queen Elizabeth's of the Countess of Wessex's ring. I mean Sophie doesn't wear hers anymore so I could have it...)

Sophie ring + Sopjhie ring

Sophie wears that ring more much more, which I assume was an anniversary gift as she has been seen wearing it since their anniversary in June 2012. It's pretty.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: British Engagement Rings, Part 2

My favorite here is the present Duchess of Kent's stunning sapphire ring. Wish I could see better photos of Princess Margaret's and Alexandra's rings, they look beautiful. Also, I think Lady Sarah's ring is just boring. Finally, I like the emerald on the Duchess of Windsor's ring but not the setting.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Mediterranean Engagement Rings

My top favorite is Grace's stunning ring! Other favorites are Charlene and Elena's. My worst are, Tatiana Santo Domingo, Caroline, Anne-Marie, Marie-Chantal, Alexia, and Tatiana of Greece. And finally, Cristina and Letizia's are just boring.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Love these series of reports on royal engagement rings - Grace's ring is breathtaking saw it displayed in London a couple of yeats ago and it really is my favourite royal ring and just the perfect size. Also i like Charlene's ring as well and wish she would wear it more often.

Always been a fan of sapphire and diamond rings - so i like Anne-Marie's as it unusual with the double setting and also Tatiana's is nice.

Letizia's ring is as mentioned much more an eternity ring style and as that type of band i do like it but not for an engagement ring - shame for her it and her wedding ring have got caught up in the scandal

Old 02-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

...does this include royal bathtub rings? I like Clotilde's engagement ring because of the originality. I'm kind of tired of the big, round, white diamond ones that all look alike, whether halo or solitaire. Charlene's big white diamond is nice as it is pear shaped...same for all the emerald and scissor cuts out there. I only know one person who has an emerald cut and it is beautiful, not big, about a carat, but lovely in platinum.

------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Yeah, I agree with you. Letizia's ring is very beautiful.

The people should know in Spain is not tradition to give the bride an engagement ring.

CP Letizia was fortunate to get such a lovely one. There are a lot of countries that don't do the engagement ring. Germany, Egypt, etc. It is a nice token, but it is the wedding ring that counts!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I have a lot of favourites, but my specific few that I love the most are:

1. Queen Elizabeth II - it's such a beautiful design, and it looks so pretty
2. Countess of Wessex - it looks a lot like the Queen's, which is why I like it so much. (It's said to be one of the most expensive British royal engagement rings too)
3. Princess Charlene of Monaco - what a gorgeous ring!
4. Crown Princess Victoria - I am not normally a fan of "simpler" rings, but I love this one.

I prefer diamond rings as engagement rings, which is why I am not a fan of the Duchess of Cambridge's and I did not like Duchess of Cornwall's engagement ring at all.
I agree on Queen Elizabeth - absolutely my favorite, so classic, yet special. It is so HER. I also love Maxima's ring, as I love colored stones, and hers is to die for! Mary's is perfect also - not too big, not too small, different, but not too different. I sound like the Goldilocks and the Three Bears story! LOL
Old 02-22-2013, 08:33 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Scandinavian Engagement Rings

My favorites here are, Queen Silvia, Victoria, and Madeleine's (both) rings. I think Mette-Marit, Martha-Louise, and Mary's rings are boring. Alexandra's first ring is lovely but I don't like her second ring. Queen Margrethe's ring is way too much and finally, Marie's ring is absolutely horrible.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Scandinavian Engagement Rings

My favorites here are, Queen Silvia, Victoria, and Madeleine's (both) rings. I think Mette-Marit, Martha-Louise, and Mary's rings are boring. Alexandra's first ring is lovely but I don't like her second ring. Queen Margrethe's ring is way too much and finally, Marie's ring is absolutely horrible.

Another great piece on this blog

Madeleine's ring from Jonas was one of my favourites cause it is something that I would see myself choosing. Also love her one from Chris.
Victoria and Silvia's are classic rings and very stunning and of high quality.
Margrethe's is one huge ring and impractical i think.
Martha's and Marie's ring are some of the worst royal engagement rings about. Joachim doesnt have a nice taste in jewellery as Alexandra's ring wasnt overly nice.
I used to love Mary's ring - thought it was so stunning the ruby, diamond, ruby setting and i adore an emerald cut. But i havnt been as keen since she added the 2 extra diamonds as now it looks more like an eternity band.
I like the connection and history of Mette-Marit;s ring and im sure it will continue with Ingrid - but the ring itself isnt to my taste. I do like the diamond ring she now wears more now.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:00 PM
Royal Highness

Interesting compilation of rings!Oh,I also loved the old image of Q Silvia & Carl Gustav,they were such a strikingly beautiful couple!I still adore Silvia,but my opinion on the king has changed a little bit. Jewellery-wise I am most in love with P Victoria´s ring,it is very simple yet stunning and elegant,also like the slight blue-ish tone of the diamond.
P.Madeleine has a more beautiful ring now,her old engagement ring and partner was not so good;-)
P. Marie´s ring is too bulky for my taste,but I congratulate her on chosing to use the national colours in the ring,a very nice idea.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Definitely Queen Silvia's classic,elegant and beautiful
Old 02-22-2013, 10:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg's engagement ring is way too small! Not a fan of huge engagement rings but I am also not a fan of microscopic ones as well!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg's engagement ring is way too small! Not a fan of huge engagement rings but I am also not a fan of microscopic ones as well!
Looks identical to mine. I have very small hands and can't pull off "big" rings. It also depends on what all you do during the day and if you want to put your rings off and on all the time. I for one didn't take my rings off until arthritis got so bad they almost wouldn't come off. Now I just wear my 10th anniversary diamond anniversary band as my original wedding set no longer fits. We've been married almost 31 years and hope to have my rings re-set this summer...

Tags
engagement rings, nobility, peer, ring, rings, royal, signet