The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

I've never seen PGrace's engagement ring in person, but I have seen photos and can't understand why it seemed "flat" in exhibition. It is not a true emerald cut, more like an elongated Royal Asscher cut (74 facets) with the clipped corners of an emerald cut. There should have been enough brilliance, even in poor light, to knock your socks off!

Even though both the Asscher and emerald cut diamonds are known as step cuts, a "true" emerald cut (58 facets) depends on the luster of the stone, not the sparkle. For a true emerald cut, see Princess Soraya's magnificent monster.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Commoner

engagement rings & earl spencer

anyone got a pic or details of the earl's latest fiance's engagement ring(it's getting hard to keep up with him,must have bought loads of engagement rings by now,rather fickle in love he is) also the one he gave his 2nd wife and the recently previous fiance (cant think of her name right now,she's a widow i believe),the latest is a Canadian.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Nobility

http://intotemptation.files.wordpres...pg?w=450&h=375

To me this does not look flat. I would love to have it myself...(sigh :-))
Old 03-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
A while back there was an Cartier exhibition in San Francisco and Grace's engagement ring was on display. I must say I was disapppointed. Nothing extraordinarie at all. I have seen many diamond rings much more spectacular than hers. The whole apperance of the ring was "flat".
Perhaps I should have used a different expression. The ring obviously was not flat in its shape. It was just a regular diamond ring looking just like the ring anyone with some money could give their fiancee. Neither the cut nor the size made it anything other than ordinary considering it was the engagement ring for the consort of a regent.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Aristocracy

Oh I understand. Thank you.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Nobility

I love emeralds and all jewels or rings with pigmentation. My mother had so many rings with color that I often envied while a child and wanted on for my own. I thought the see through blue of the gem was far out and so remarkable. As far as engagement rings are concerned I like pure white diamonds with a depth to the marvel of it. I think my favorite would have happen to be Grace Kelly's engagement ring as my favorite for it seemed on top of that her life was perfect. There's just something to the life of him and her as emperor. It's definitely nice to gather here on the web to pear on the many journeys and travels of the beloved Royals and their markings. I love to have witnessed in the last four of five years so many instances of the canny and voluntary of posts of the people. It makes me want to be somehow a part of all this galore if I could get closer. And such a pleasure it is. Anyways I like rings that spell out soul in artistic endeavor. I like something that speaks more than forever. I wonder if they have special powers like in folklore where they dispel an aura or hold the nestle of the stone and metal. Like in marvel comic's action figures. I wonder though. Someday I'll collect pieces for myself for now I only wait until I meet my better. Oh the patience though.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Nobility

Finally - there is a very good picture of Charlene W. engagement ring.
It shows the right size - not this strange photoshopped things....

Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Finally....

enjoy. :-)
Old 04-14-2011, 04:22 AM
Administrator

As RJOTWMB posts are lost after a period of time, for the record here's the pic.

Charlene Wittstock's engagement ring

courtesy of Tamara at RJOTWMB
image has been cropped from a much larger pic and is not subject to copyright
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Charlene Wittstock Engagement Ring cty Tamara.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	276770  
Old 04-14-2011, 05:47 AM
Royal Highness

It's one of my favorites royal engagement rings, I like the shape and how it sparkles. Much more better than on the official photographs.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Nobility

Thanks a lot Warren - I need to learn how to do that.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Commoner

Emerald cuts are my least favourite cut for diamonds. To me, they do indeed look flat, and don't seem to have the marvelous sparkle you get in rounds, hearts or pears. Cushion cuts can be sparkly, if they're Portuguese style (lots and lots of little facets).

My own engagement ring from DukeRichard is a 20-carat emerald, and the cut named for the stone looks quite right and proper. It just doesn't seem to be the optimum cut for diamonds, though, imo.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Heir Apparent

I dont understand why they photoshopped Charlenes ring.Its bound to reveal its true size!
Old 05-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone have an HQ photo of Tatianas ring?I tried to look for one but it comes off as blurry.Thanks.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

My favorites:

5-Queen Mother I know people didnt like it on Camilla but im sure it looked good when it was brand new.

4 Sophie-It kinda looks like her mother in laws

3 Diana-Classic

2 Grace-Big but not too big

1 Elizabeth ii-Timeless and elegant
Old 05-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Commoner

There was a rumor that Dodi Fayed was going to propose to Diana the night they were killed in Paris. Supposedly this is the ring he chose, and I simply cannot imagine Diana wearing it. YUCK!

dodidianaring.jpg picture by PookNSaav - Photobucket

Purrs,
Pook
Old 05-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Serene Highness

UGH. That thing looks so masculine, I can't imagine Diana wearing it.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Courtier

I think that ring is awful....
Old 05-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

It was quite pretty when displayed in the store.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Royal Highness

I personally like the ring, but it looks more like a cocktail ring, not an engagement ring. I would venture to guess that it looks better in person.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Gentry

Is there anyone who has birthstone or other than diamond engagement rings?

Tags
engagement rings, nobility, peer, ring, rings, royal, signet