The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Aristocracy

Back to Queen Noor. On the Queen Noor Jewelry thread, post #58 shows her wearing gold bands on her left hand, but a big round diamond on her right hand. Do Jordanian women wear engagement rings on their right hand? I know that some countries do that. In America we were both engagement and wedding rings on our left hand. The diamond looks like what an American would choose as an engagement ring. Or is this just simply a beautiful diamond ring she would choose to wear as a right hand ring? Some women here in America wear diamonds everyplace they can! I was just wondering if she chose to wear an engagement ring, but on a different hand?

Old 12-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan

She wore her wedding ring on her left hand. No as I worte you before the diamond ring its not her engagement ring

Old 12-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post

post #3 on page 1 of this thread.
Thanks What tiaras received Prince Philip from his mother?
Old 12-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
Thanks What tiaras received Prince Philip from his mother?
The Meander or Greek Key tiara which is worn by the Princess Royal. Check post #104.
Anne, Princess Royal Jewellery
Old 12-11-2010, 06:21 PM

I was wondering if anybody has any pictures of royal amethyst jewelry. I would appreciate any help it is my favorite gem and it my birth stone to.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:22 AM
Nobility

Princess Grace Kelly

Already posted several times - but since this is one of my alltime favourite as engagement ring - I thought I do it again.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Courtier

Does anyone have a picture of the engagement ring of Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, later Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother?

I'm watching "Bertie & Elizabeth" on YouTube and it looks as though she is wearing a diamond solitaire as her engagement ring. I just am not sure if that is historically accurate.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
Does anyone have a picture of the engagement ring of Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, later Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother?

I'm watching "Bertie & Elizabeth" on YouTube and it looks as though she is wearing a diamond solitaire as her engagement ring. I just am not sure if that is historically accurate.

That may not be accurate, in The King's Speech Queen Elizabeth wears a sapphire & diamond ring (oddly similar though not the same as Diana/Kate's).
Old 01-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Serene Highness

Wasn't it the same ring that Camilla now wears?
Old 01-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Wasn't it the same ring that Camilla now wears?

No that was a gift from George VI I believe.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
That may not be accurate, in The King's Speech Queen Elizabeth wears a sapphire & diamond ring (oddly similar though not the same as Diana/Kate's).
I am quite certain (but cannot verify!) that Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon had either a cushion cut/square-ish sapphire surrounded by diamonds - so yes it would have similar to Kate's engagement ring. For some reason in later years the Queen Mother wore a large pearl surrounded by diamonds.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Courtier

I've searched for a picture in Google but haven't found one (for the Queen Mother's engagement ring.)
Old 01-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Warren is usually the best source for pics and knowledge of jewels IMO. But I'll check some of my royal jewellery books.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Royal Highness

OK, there is currently a photograph on the Hello! Magazine website showing the Queen Mother when she was younger and you can just see her enagement ring (not too clearly mind you!). The photograph is in the article about what wedding tiara Kate will where and it's picture number three.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Aristocracy

I've been searching all of my old magazines and photos my grandmother kept but I'm not finding anything yet either as far as an engagement ring for the Queen Mother.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:46 PM
Aristocracy

Here are two photos of Queen Elizabeth wearing her sapphire and diamond engagement rings, both from Life's archive:
Photo 1
Photo 2

Bobby
Old 01-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince.of.preslav View Post
Here are two photos of Queen Elizabeth wearing her sapphire and diamond engagement rings, both from Life's archive:
Photo 1
Photo 2

Bobby

Thanks for the photos Bobby. I follow your post on another royal jewels forum. Didn't know you visited here. You are very knowledgeable.

Here's an mvid from YT..you can see a portrait of QEQM at :16 seconds that show the ring. At :56 it looks like she's wearing a different ring.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince.of.preslav View Post
Photo 1
Photo 2

Bobby
Oh well done! Thanks for posting these photos, they're much clearer than ones I found on the internet. To me, it seems that the engagement ring is a rather large emerald-cut sapphire with diamonds on either side not unlike the shape of the Duchess of Cornwall's engagement ring.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Courtier

Thank you so much!

The second picture posted from Life had her wearing - 5! - bracelets! Hey, if you've got 'em....flaunt 'em!
Old 01-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
Thank you so much!

The second picture posted from Life had her wearing - 5! - bracelets! Hey, if you've got 'em....flaunt 'em!
It's funny you mentioned about Queen Mother's bracelets. Her bracelets are gorgeous! It would be fun to flaunt them!

Tags
engagement rings, nobility, peer, ring, rings, royal, signet