Royal Rings - all types

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that it is really sweet that Harry gave the ring to William to give to Catherine. It is the start of a very touching tradition. Maybe William and Catherine will give it to their eldest son/daughter for their bride/herself so the future Queens will have it as well...
Wonder where that story sprouted from. I remember that when Diana died there was a story that the boys went to her apartment before it was dismantled and took their pick. At the time it was stated that William chose that ring as a keepsake.

You´re welcome. yes is ugly ring my favourite engagement ring is Princess Maxima´s ring.

Did Queen Noor receive an engagement ring? I don't think I've ever seen a pic.

No only a few Jordanian princesses received an engagement ring.

I love QMII's engagement ring. Those two huge diamonds are to die for. I love the big and bold. Wonder who will inherit that nice bauble?? I also think that Princess Letizia's engagement ring is quite different, very modern for an engagement ring. And as far as traditional rings, I adore Camilla's ring that was the Queen Mother's. The ring is stunning.

I have seen Queen Noor, in a picture wearing a hugh round diamond ring. Don't remember which hand she was wearing in on. But I thought it was engagement/wedding wedding ring.

No she never received an engagement ring. Her wedding ring is a simple gold band.

I have never seen Queen Elizabeth´s ring, does anyone a pic?

:previous:
post #3 on page 1 of this thread.

Back to Queen Noor. On the Queen Noor Jewelry thread, post #58 shows her wearing gold bands on her left hand, but a big round diamond on her right hand. Do Jordanian women wear engagement rings on their right hand? I know that some countries do that. In America we were both engagement and wedding rings on our left hand. The diamond looks like what an American would choose as an engagement ring. Or is this just simply a beautiful diamond ring she would choose to wear as a right hand ring? Some women here in America wear diamonds everyplace they can! I was just wondering if she chose to wear an engagement ring, but on a different hand?

She wore her wedding ring on her left hand. No as I worte you before the diamond ring its not her engagement ring

I was wondering if anybody has any pictures of royal amethyst jewelry. I would appreciate any help it is my favorite gem and it my birth stone to.

Does anyone have a picture of the engagement ring of Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, later Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother?

I'm watching "Bertie & Elizabeth" on YouTube and it looks as though she is wearing a diamond solitaire as her engagement ring. I just am not sure if that is historically accurate.

Does anyone have a picture of the engagement ring of Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, later Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother?

I'm watching "Bertie & Elizabeth" on YouTube and it looks as though she is wearing a diamond solitaire as her engagement ring. I just am not sure if that is historically accurate.

That may not be accurate, in The King's Speech Queen Elizabeth wears a sapphire & diamond ring (oddly similar though not the same as Diana/Kate's).

Last edited:
Wasn't it the same ring that Camilla now wears?

That may not be accurate, in The King's Speech Queen Elizabeth wears a sapphire & diamond ring (oddly similar though not the same as Diana/Kate's).

I am quite certain (but cannot verify!) that Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon had either a cushion cut/square-ish sapphire surrounded by diamonds - so yes it would have similar to Kate's engagement ring. For some reason in later years the Queen Mother wore a large pearl surrounded by diamonds.

I've searched for a picture in Google but haven't found one (for the Queen Mother's engagement ring.)

Warren is usually the best source for pics and knowledge of jewels IMO. But I'll check some of my royal jewellery books.

Last edited:
OK, there is currently a photograph on the Hello! Magazine website showing the Queen Mother when she was younger and you can just see her enagement ring (not too clearly mind you!). The photograph is in the article about what wedding tiara Kate will where and it's picture number three.

I've been searching all of my old magazines and photos my grandmother kept but I'm not finding anything yet either as far as an engagement ring for the Queen Mother.

Here are two photos of Queen Elizabeth wearing her sapphire and diamond engagement rings, both from Life's archive:
Photo 1
Photo 2

Bobby

Thanks for the photos Bobby. I follow your post on another royal jewels forum. Didn't know you visited here. You are very knowledgeable. :flowers:

Here's an mvid from YT..you can see a portrait of QEQM at :16 seconds that show the ring. At :56 it looks like she's wearing a different ring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzYA8vs0DdU

Last edited:
Here are two photos of Queen Elizabeth wearing her sapphire and diamond engagement rings, both from Life's archive:
Photo 1
Photo 2

Bobby

Oh well done! Thanks for posting these photos, they're much clearer than ones I found on the internet. To me, it seems that the engagement ring is a rather large emerald-cut sapphire with diamonds on either side not unlike the shape of the Duchess of Cornwall's engagement ring.

Thank you so much!

The second picture posted from Life had her wearing - 5! - bracelets! Hey, if you've got 'em....flaunt 'em!

Thank you so much!

The second picture posted from Life had her wearing - 5! - bracelets! Hey, if you've got 'em....flaunt 'em!

It's funny you mentioned about Queen Mother's bracelets. Her bracelets are gorgeous!;) It would be fun to flaunt them!:p

Back
Top Bottom