Royal Family of Serbia Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

USCtrojan

Royal Highness
City
Phoenix
Country
United States
I think it would be great to add them to this section. I know there is no longer much, but, at least we can post what we have.

Chanel

Try Danjel's site and goto the Yugoslavian section.

Royal-Splendor

Boucheron Daisy Leaves And Flowers Tiara

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]BOUCHERON DAISY LEAVES AND FLOWERS TIARA[/font]​

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]A large diamond tiara of a scrollwork design centered with pale yellow diamonds. Originally made for the Georgian Princess Abamalek Lazarev, who left it to her nephew, Prince Paul of Yugoslavia. His wife, Princess Olga, wore it frequently.[/font]​

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]After her death the tiara went to her oldest son, Prince Alexander, so that his second wife, Princess Barbara could wear it.[/font]​

Photos 1&2: BOUCHERON DAISY LEAVES AND FLOWERS TIARA
Photos 3&4: [font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]HRH Princess Olga of Yugoslavia, born Princess of Greece[/font]​

Thank you everyone for participating :) - I have posted these photos earlier, yet they can't be found in previous threads on Yugoslavian Royal Houses or Jewelry. Here they are once more:

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 4,375
  • Tiara1.JPG
    Tiara1.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 2,892
  • YUG%20Princess%20Olga2.JPG
    YUG%20Princess%20Olga2.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,329
  • YUG%20Princess%20Olga.JPG
    YUG%20Princess%20Olga.JPG
    3.7 KB · Views: 8,292
Last edited:
Princess Olga's Cartier Tiara

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]PRINCESS OLGA'S CARTIER TIARA[/font]​

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]A pictures of princess Olga of Yugoslavia, wearing a diamond-set tiara, made by Cartier.[/font]​
[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]HRH Princess Olga inherited this tiara from her mother, HIRH Princess Helena of Greece.[/font]​

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Current whereabouts unknown.[/font]​

Photos 1&2: [font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Princess Olga of Yugoslavia, born Princess of Greece[/font]

Attachments

• Prss%20Olga.JPG
    Prss%20Olga.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,208
  • YUG%20Princess%20Olga%27s%20Cartier%20Diadem1.JPG
    YUG%20Princess%20Olga%27s%20Cartier%20Diadem1.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,116
Queen Marie's Emerald Tiara

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]QUEEN MARIE'S EMERALD TIARA[/font]​

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]A diamond and emerald kokoshnik tiara bought by King Alexander I of Yugoslavia for his wife, Queen Marija (Marie). Made by the jeweller Bolin. After the fall of the monarchy, it was later bought by Van Cleef & Arpels, who removed the emeralds and replaced them with paste.

Photos 1&2: QUEEN MARIE'S EMERALD TIARA
Photos 3 - 6: HM Queen Marie of Yugoslavia, born Princess of Romania
Photo 7: HRH Princess Jelisaveta (Elisabeth) Karadjordjevic of Yugoslavia

[/font]

Attachments

• ELISAVETHA.JPG
    ELISAVETHA.JPG
    7.4 KB · Views: 5,032
  • YUG%20Queen%20Marija%20of%20Serbia2.jpg
    YUG%20Queen%20Marija%20of%20Serbia2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,016
  • YUG%20Queen%20Marija%20of%20Serbia1.jpg
    YUG%20Queen%20Marija%20of%20Serbia1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,085
  • YUG%20Queen%20Marija%20of%20Serbia.jpg
    YUG%20Queen%20Marija%20of%20Serbia.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,339
  • Marija.JPG
    Marija.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,930
  • YUG%20Emerald%20Tiara.JPG
    YUG%20Emerald%20Tiara.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,315
  • SERBIA%20%2D%20QUEEN%20OF%20SERBIA%20TIARA.jpg
    SERBIA%20%2D%20QUEEN%20OF%20SERBIA%20TIARA.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,288
Last edited:
Queen Draga's Tiara

QUEEN DRAGA'S TIARA

Before the House Karadjordjevic took over the reign in Serbia and Yugoslavia, another family ruled the country, the House Obrenovic.

The last King of this House was King Aleksandar, he and his wife Queen Draga were assassinated in 1903.

Exact provenance and current whereabouts of this tiara unknown.

Photo: HM Queen Draga of Serbia, born Draga Lunjevic

From:http://nl.msnusers.com/RoyaltyDanjel3/yugdragaw.msnw - Danjel's Royal Site

Attachments

• servie1.JPG
    servie1.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 958
Queen Marie's Bandeau

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]QUEEN MARIE'S BANDEAU[/font]​

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Queen Maria of Yugoslavia's bandeau, probably silver flowers mounted on a bandeau.[/font]​

Photo 1: [font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]King Alexander I and Queen Marie of Yugoslavia, born Princess of Romania[/font]​

Photo 2: HM Queen Marie of Yugoslavia, born Princess of Romania

Attachments

• petar%20and%20marija.JPG
    petar%20and%20marija.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,063
  • Yug%20Queen%20Mignon.jpg
    Yug%20Queen%20Mignon.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,646
Princess Olga's Kokoshnik Tiara

Photo: Princess Olga of Greece on the day of her marriage to Prince Paul of Yugoslavia in 1923. She wears a Russian-made diamond kokoshnik tiara given to her by her mother, Princess Nicholas (Grand Duchess Helen Vladimirovna of Russia). The tiara's intricate design was achieved by handfiling.

Attachments

• kokoshnik-1.jpg
    kokoshnik-1.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 8,388
Queen Marie's Veil

QUEEN MARIA'S VEIL

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Photo: Not a tiara but really worth mentioning, Queen Maria of Yugoslavia, born Princess of Romania, with a beautiful, with pearls embroidered, veil.[/font]​

Attachments

• YUG%20Queen%20Marie.jpg
    YUG%20Queen%20Marie.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 727
Princess Jelisaveta's Diamond Tiara

PRINCESS JELISAVETA'S (ELISABETH'S) DIAMOND TIARA

Photo: HRH Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia, daughter of Prince Paul and Princess Olga is wearing a small diamond tiara of unknown provenance.

From:http://nl.msnusers.com/RoyaltyDanjel3/yugelizabethdiamondw.msnw - Danjel's Royal Site

Attachments

• Elizabeth%20Yugoslavia.jpg
    Elizabeth%20Yugoslavia.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 2,528
Thanks everyone! I don't know of any other jewels

Yugoslavian Royal Jewels

From Danjel's wonderful site: http://nl.msnusers.com/RoyaltyDanjel2/yugboucheronw.msnw

The BOUCHERON DAISY LEAVES AND FLOWERS TIARA

1. the tiara

2. detail of the tiara

3. HRH Princess Olga of Yugoslavia, born Princess of Greece

4. HRH Princess Barbara of Yugoslavia, born Princess von und zu Liechtenstein

Attachments

• YUG%20Prss%20Barbara.jpg
    YUG%20Prss%20Barbara.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 4,738
  • Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 3,893
  • Tiara1.JPG
    Tiara1.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,057
  • YUG%20Princess%20Olga2.JPG
    YUG%20Princess%20Olga2.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 670
That's a lovely tiara. Thanks Julia! Who actually owns the tiara now? CP Alexander?

You are most welcome, Danielle! And, I think the family still owns the tiara but I could be wrong...

Julia said:
You are most welcome, Danielle! And, I think the family still owns the tiara but I could be wrong...

Thanks indeed Julia for not letting this small Royal family to slip into oblivion ;) by opening those lovely threads - this one happens to be one of my favorites!...
This is truly a very beautiful tiara. Thanks Julia for posting the photos!Regarding its present whereabouts I believe that to be the truth, although it has never been worn by female members of Royal family after the WWII as far as I am informed. Most certainly, it is not worn by Princesses Katarina or Jelisaveta today. I hope it is still owned by the family, so perhaps it could be actually seen either on Princesses or an exhibition of (remain) Royal Jewelry. It would be nice indeed.

Danjel's Royal Splendour Site is truly wonderful, and this is another, very small photo of Princess Olga wearing the tiara taken from this site as well as few details about tiara:
[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif][/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]A large diamond tiara of a scrollwork design centered with pale yellow diamonds. Originally made for the Georgian Princess Abamalek Lazarev, who left it to her nephew, Prince Paul of Yugoslavia. His wife, Princess Olga, wore it frequently.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]After her death the tiara went to her oldest son, Prince Alexander, so that his second wife, Princess Barbara could wear it.[/font]

From:http://nl.msnusers.com/RoyaltyDanjel2/yugboucheronw.msnw - Danjel's Royal Site

Attachments

• YUG%20Princess%20Olga.JPG
    YUG%20Princess%20Olga.JPG
    3.7 KB · Views: 7,880
Princess Olga's Cartier Tiara

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]PRINCESS OLGA'S CARTIER TIARA[/font]

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]A pictures of princess Olga of Yugoslavia, wearing a diamond-set tiara, made by Cartier.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]HRH Princess Olga inherited this tiara from her mother, HIRH Princess Helena of Greece.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Current whereabouts unknown.[/font]​
Photos 1&2: [font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Princess Olga of Yugoslavia, born Princess of Greece[/font]

From: http://nl.msnusers.com/RoyaltyDanjel2/yugolgacartier.msnw - Danjel's Royal Site

Attachments

• Prss%20Olga.JPG
    Prss%20Olga.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 525
  • YUG%20Princess%20Olga%27s%20Cartier%20Diadem1.JPG
    YUG%20Princess%20Olga%27s%20Cartier%20Diadem1.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 566
Blueice said:
Thanks indeed Julia for not letting this small Royal family to slip into oblivion ;) by opening those lovely threads - this one happens to be one of my favorites!...
You are most welcome Blueice! I am becoming more and more fond of this royal family with each passing day...

Many thanks to you and other Yugoslavian royal family enthusiasts for sharing wonderful material in these threads.

I have to admit that I'm quite fond of this thread too! ;) The Yugoslavian royal jewels are some of the most beautiful I've seen.

Thanks so much for the information on the tiara. I, too, hope that the family still owns the tiara and maybe one of these days we will see it worn!

Gorgeous photo of HRH Princess Olga wearing the tiara; it's truly a splendid tiara and one of Boucheron's most beautiful!

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Olga's Cartier Tiara is simply stunning. Thanks for the photos Blueice!

Would this considered to be in the Kokoshnik style? It has that look of a halo that many of the Russian Kokoshniks have...

Queen Marie's Emerald Tiara

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]QUEEN MARIE'S EMERALD TIARA[/font]

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]A diamond and emerald kokoshnik tiara bought by King Alexander I of Yugoslavia for his wife, Queen Marija (Marie). Made by the jeweller Bolin. After the fall of the monarchy, it was later bought by Van Cleef & Arpels, who removed the emeralds and replaced them with paste.

Photos 1&2: QUEEN MARIE'S EMERALD TIARA
Photos 3 - 6: HM Queen Marie of Yugoslavia, born Princess of Romania
Photo 7: HRH Princess Jelisaveta (Elisabeth) Karadjordjevic of Yugoslavia

From:http://nl.msnusers.com/RoyaltyDanjel2/yugmarieemeraldw.msnw - Danjel's Royal Site
[/font]

Attachments

• YUG%20Queen%20Marija%20of%20Serbia2.jpg
    YUG%20Queen%20Marija%20of%20Serbia2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 574
  • ELISAVETHA.JPG
    ELISAVETHA.JPG
    7.4 KB · Views: 3,995
  • YUG%20Queen%20Marija%20of%20Serbia1.jpg
    YUG%20Queen%20Marija%20of%20Serbia1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 639
  • Marija.JPG
    Marija.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 636
  • YUG%20Queen%20Marija%20of%20Serbia.jpg
    YUG%20Queen%20Marija%20of%20Serbia.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 732
  • YUG%20Emerald%20Tiara.JPG
    YUG%20Emerald%20Tiara.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 776
  • SERBIA%20%2D%20QUEEN%20OF%20SERBIA%20TIARA.jpg
    SERBIA%20%2D%20QUEEN%20OF%20SERBIA%20TIARA.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 556
Queen Marie's Emerald Tiara is another show-stopping jewel. It's one of the most stunning kokoshnik tiaras in the world...

Attachments

• kokoshnik-1.jpg
    kokoshnik-1.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 3,530
Last edited:
Julia said:
Princess Olga's Cartier Tiara is simply stunning. Thanks for the photos Blueice!

Would this considered to be in the Kokoshnik style? It has that look of a halo that many of the Russian Kokoshniks have...

Thank you very much for your kind words Julia. :) The history of this Royal family hasn't been an easy one so it's members' personalities and political decisions were determined by demanding historical inheritance, challenging, hazardous political and social domestic scene during their ruling, balancing on the edge in the aria of national politics towards the west and the east and traditional rivalry with the House of Obrenovics (another Royal family of former Yugoslavia). There were plenty of difficult, hard, even cruel moments in their past which made them even more interesting to someone who is interested in this region's history and Royal Houses, and I am truly glad that this, not exactly well known or popular part of European history as well as not very well known Royal House is getting more interest. :)

Yes, I agree entirely - both Princess Olga's tiaras are splendid! Although Russian, Persian and British collections are absolutely superb, I love those few remained pieces that used to be part of that turbulent history of ours. :)

Indeed she looks so angelically and peacefully beautiful wearing Cartier's tiara. I love those photos and feel it to be a shame that the whereabouts of this tiara is unknown. It is such a beautiful peace - indeed it reminds very much to Russian kokoshnik style. I believe most of her tiaras were inspired by this style - typical for that historical period. I found them very romantic and truly beautiful.

Last edited:
QUEEN DRAGA'S TIARA

Before the House Karadjordjevic took over the reign in Serbia and Yugoslavia, another family ruled the country, the House Obrenovic.
The last King of this House was King Aleksandar, he and his wife Queen Draga were assassinated in 1903.
Exact provenance and current whereabouts of this tiara unknown.

Photo: HM Queen Draga of Serbia, born Draga Lunjevic

Attachments

• servie1.JPG
    servie1.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 565
Julia said:
I love the intricate design of this tiara. It's very elegant.
Thank you for posting this photo Julia - it is beautiful and truly elegant, timeless piece of jewelry. Such a shame that we don't have a better photo of it.

Queen Marie's intriguing tiara

King Alexander I and Queen Marie of Yugoslavia, born Princess of Romania

Queen Marie is wearing a tiara of unknown provenance or whereabouts, but on the other hand, since this is a painting, this tiara can also be 'invented' by the painter.
[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif][/font]

Attachments

• 4%29%20King%20and%20Queen%20of%20Serbia.jpg
    4%29%20King%20and%20Queen%20of%20Serbia.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,486
Princess Katharina's Tiara

Mr. Desmond de la Silva and HRH Princess Katherine of Yugoslavia in 1987.

The brother of King Petar II, Prince Tomislav of Yugoslavia, married twice, first he married to HGDH Princess Margharita of Baden, after his divorce he married seconly to Linda Bonney.

In 1987 Princess Katharina of Yugoslavia, his daughter from his first marriage, married Mr. Desmond de la Silva. The bride was wearing a tiara of unknown provenance.

Unfortunately, this is a rather poor photo, so we can only speculate on the actual design of tiara. If anyone manage to find a better one, please post it here. Thanks. :)

Attachments

• Prss%20Katharina%20Joegoslavie.jpg
    Prss%20Katharina%20Joegoslavie.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,645
Princess Jelisaveta's (elisabeth's) Diamond Tiara

PRINCESS JELISAVETA'S (ELISABETH'S) DIAMOND TIARA

Photo: HRH Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia, daughter of Prince Paul and Princess Olga is wearing a small diamond tiara of unknown provenance.

Attachments

30.6 KB · Views: 1,362
QUEEN MARIE'S BANDEAU

Queen Maria of Yugoslavia's bandeau, probably silver flowers mounted on a bandeau.

Photo 1: King Alexander I and Queen Marie of Yugoslavia, born Princess of Romania
Photo 2: HM Queen Marie of Yugoslavia, born Princess of Romania

From:http://nl.msnusers.com/RoyaltyDanjel2/yugmariebandeauw.msnw - Danjel's Royal Site

Attachments

20.2 KB · Views: 1,222
  • petar%20and%20marija.JPG
    petar%20and%20marija.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 820
QUEEN MARIA'S VEIL

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Photo: Not a tiara but really worth mentioning, Queen Maria of Yugoslavia, born Princess of Romania, with a beautiful, with pearls embroidered, veil.[/font]​

From: http://nl.msnusers.com/RoyaltyDanjel2/yugmarieveilw.msnw - Danjel's Royal Site

Attachments

• YUG%20Queen%20Marie.jpg
    YUG%20Queen%20Marie.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 543
Back
Top Bottom