The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post

It's likely the same tiara she wore at Crown Princess Victoria's wedding in 2010 of which no details are known.

v Crown Princess Katherine, Stockholm 2010
thumbnail image forms a cropped portion of a larger photograph
It's a cute little tiara! It would've interesting to know where it origins are and where she bought it or received it from as gift if that is what it was.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is an attractive tiara, but looks to small proportionate to her head

Old 02-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
It is an attractive tiara, but looks to small proportionate to her head
Agreed. I find it interesting that we know nothing of its origins. I can't tell if its pearls, diamonds, crystals or what it may be.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Courtier

Princess Brigitta wearing Queen Marie's golden tiara:

Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Marie of Romania’s Golden Diadem with Cross
Quote:
This golden diadem was made for Queen Marie of Romania in late 1910s. It is composed of flower motifs with a large Orthodox Cross in the middle. There are no precious stones, no additional decorations – just a plain solid gold. The Queen left this diadem to her second daughter, Marie, known as Mignon in the family. Upon Mignon’s marriage to Alexander I of Yugoslavia, the jewel transferred from Romanian to Yugoslavian jewellery vaults. Queen Marie of Yugoslavia appears to have left this piece to her youngest son, Prince Andrej, for the most recent sighting of the tiara was on the head of Princess Brigitta, wife of Prince Karl Vladimir of Yugoslavia (Prince Andrej’s eldest surviving son).
Old 03-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Princess Brigitta wearing Queen Marie's golden tiara:
It has been mentioned on here that the family has access to Queen Marie's tiara although it is housed in Oplenac. How you go about requesting it baffles me! I'm sure it's just a phone call away, but then you would have to take the drive -well worth it indeed. This is a special piece, however not everyone can wear it. Perhaps this is why Crown Princess Katherine has not worn it.

I believe it has also been on the head of another Serbian royal lady within the last few years and it looked pretty awkward on her head -it is not hard for this tiara to look a little awkward fast as it is a bandeau headband tiara and many try to wear these kind like the more modern.

It would be interesting to see if Katherine ever tries to wear it! She does have two smaller tiaras of unknown origin that she wears for visits and weddings.

It is possible that if Alexander's sons marry, that they very well may have their wives wear it. Only time will tell!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
It has been mentioned on here that the family has access to Queen Marie's tiara although it is housed in Oplenac. How you go about requesting it baffles me! I'm sure it's just a phone call away, but then you would have to take the drive -well worth it indeed. This is a special piece, however not everyone can wear it. Perhaps this is why Crown Princess Katherine has not worn it. ...
I'd say there are only two possibilities:
- The diadem is in fact a loan to the museum and Princess Brigitta can take it to wear on appropriate occasions.
- The diadem worn by the Princess and the one in the museum are not the same piece; Brigitta's diadem can be a copy commissioned by Prince Andrej.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
I'd say there are only two possibilities:
- The diadem is in fact a loan to the museum and Princess Brigitta can take it to wear on appropriate occasions.
- The diadem worn by the Princess and the one in the museum are not the same piece; Brigitta's diadem can be a copy commissioned by Prince Andrej.
This diadem is now owned by the museum in Oplenac and one can see it in the museum,where the tiara is the permanent part of the exhibition...and this golden tiara is only borrowed to the Princess Brigitta for some sort of occasion...
Old 03-14-2013, 10:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

This diadem is now owned by the museum in Oplenac and one can see it in the museum,where the tiara is the permanent part of the exhibition...and this golden tiara is only borrowed to the Princess Brigitta for some sort of occasion...
It will be interesting to see if it comes out if Peter marries! I wonder if it would be loaned to his bride?
Old 03-15-2013, 04:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
It will be interesting to see if it comes out if Peter marries! I wonder if it would be loaned to his bride?
If they ask,I think it will be...but,we still know nothing about the eventual wedding,if Peter marries,of course...will it take place in Serbia or elsewhere,will it be low key event or not etc.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:06 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueice View Post
Thanks indeed Julia for not letting this small Royal family to slip into oblivion by opening those lovely threads - this one happens to be one of my favorites!...
This is truly a very beautiful tiara. Thanks Julia for posting the photos!Regarding its present whereabouts I believe that to be the truth, although it has never been worn by female members of Royal family after the WWII as far as I am informed. Most certainly, it is not worn by Princesses Katarina or Jelisaveta today. I hope it is still owned by the family, so perhaps it could be actually seen either on Princesses or an exhibition of (remain) Royal Jewelry. It would be nice indeed.

Danjel's Royal Splendour Site is truly wonderful, and this is another, very small photo of Princess Olga wearing the tiara taken from this site as well as few details about tiara:

A large diamond tiara of a scrollwork design centered with pale yellow diamonds. Originally made for the Georgian Princess Abamalek Lazarev, who left it to her nephew, Prince Paul of Yugoslavia. His wife, Princess Olga, wore it frequently.

After her death the tiara went to her oldest son, Prince Alexander, so that his second wife, Princess Barbara could wear it.

From:http://nl.msnusers.com/RoyaltyDanjel2/yugboucheronw.msnw - Danjel's Royal Site
Are the whereabouts of this tiara unknown? Or, was it sold back to the maker bucherin? Perhaps it is still in the family somehow? Can anyone she's light on this? I have tried to do research -have come up with nothing unless I keep missing it.
Thanks.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Administrator

maria-olivia has given some details about the fate of Princess Olga's tiara at #35 (page 2).

v Princess Olga's Boucheron Tiara
> as worn by Princess Barbara
(year unknown but post-1973 when she married Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia)
1st Image courtesy Geoffrey Munn and "Tiaras - A History of Splendour"
2nd image cropped from larger photograph and not subject to copyright restriction.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yugoslavia Princess Olga Boucheron Tiara.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	288952  
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2013, 01:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

This 865 brilliant stone tiara was auctioned off in 1960,along with big Serbian white eagle diamond brooch,which was a gift from King Alexander I...Her last official picture(4th one down right in the picture) was made just in order to show off the splendor of tiara which was to be auctioned off...

Both peaces were sold of to Levi Cohen,who bought it for New York jeweler Harry Winston...

Here is Maria wearing some of her tiaras:

and a better picture of her wearing this unknown tiara with obviously a matching necklace:

And a little bit bigger picture of her wearing this bandeau:
It is interesting to me that Harry Winston has never put this on display! Or, have they?
Old 08-07-2013, 12:48 AM
Royal Highness

Just found this picture online of HM Queen Alexandra at Then Princess Elizabeth's pre-wedding ball.

From what I can see... She looks lovely. She is wearing the entire emerald set (necklace as well as the tiara).

http://www.royal-magazin.de/yugoslav...a-necklace.htm
Old 08-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Courtier

Just lovely...
Old 08-29-2013, 01:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Just found this picture online of HM Queen Alexandra at Then Princess Elizabeth's pre-wedding ball.

From what I can see... She looks lovely. She is wearing the entire emerald set (necklace as well as the tiara).

http://www.royal-magazin.de/yugoslav...a-necklace.htm
I have been trying to find another picture of Queen Alexandra wearing the Emerald Tiara. Has anyone else seen a picture other than the one I previously posted?

Unfortunately, it's not the best, so it would be nice to see a better picture of it.

This must have been taken just before the tiara was sold?

Tags
jewellery, yugoslavia