Royal and Noble Families of Italy Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you mean this one or that one?
The first one was created in 1904 for Queen Margherita by Musy; she later left it to her grandson Umberto II, who gave it as a wedding gift to Queen Maria José.
The second one is among the Crown jewels deposited in the Bank of Italy.

My goodness those are just breathtaking and made me drool, what beautiful tiaras. I have seen the 1st one on some lady of the royal family, please excuse my ignorance for I don't know her name, just so beautiful and dreamy looking.

Think in about a 100 years there will be anybody left of the formal royal family that will care about these jewels? And 35 million, yikes can I borrow a dime or two, what a shame on the country and the royal family. Really very sad thinking about it.

Thank you for all your information. I will be keeping on eye on this thread to see if there is any future developments. :)

Thank You, yes that is the one I saw but not in that picture. It is huge, goodness, it looks like it is going to fall back off her head. That one for me is so dreamy looking and I bet seeing it in real life would take my breath away.
I am glad to see that it is still being used and not collecting dust somewhere.
I think I need to learn/read more about this family for they are new to me. Did they lose their throne before or after WW2 do you know? Such a shame for some monarchies are very good for the people as long as they are for all the people.:)

Its a very beautiful tiara!!! I love the pearls! And nice that is not lost!

Princess Maria Christina of Savoy-Aosta,aunt of Archduke Lorenz,wearing a tiara:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/290552613435994988/

This was in 1958,almost 50 years ago,so I assume that she is wearing a Savoy-Aosta piece as she has married Prince Casimir of Bourbon Two-Sicilies only 9 years later, in 1967.

Don't know who the other lady is with her and which tiara is she wearing.

Last edited:
Princess Maria Christina of Savoy-Aosta,aunt of Archduke Lorenz,wearing a tiara:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/290552613435994988/

This was in 1958,almost 50 years ago,so I assume that she is wearing a Savoy-Aosta piece as she has married Prince Casimir of Bourbon Two-Sicilies only 9 years later, in 1967.

Don't know who the other lady is with her and which tiara is she wearing.
Here is the same pic on getty images, it's a bit bigger.
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...ing-in-a-car-at-the-court-picture-id141556520

I read somewhere that the two ladies are the two sisters Margherita and Maria Christina. I'm not sure though it that information is reliable.

So would the lady on the left be Princess Margherita? She looks a bit older than the lady on the right. Anyways, the tiara she's wearing must be the same tiara that Maria Christina's daughter Anna di Borbon dos Sicilias wore on her own wedding day.
View image: anna borbon sicilias

I have no clue about the tiara worn by the lady on the right.

I think I have already seen in the past the lady on the right, but I cannot recall who she is. But I'm rather sure that she isn't Archduchess Margherita.

I read somewhere that the two ladies are the two sisters Margherita and Maria Christina. I'm not sure though it that information is reliable.

So would the lady on the left be Princess Margherita? She looks a bit older than the lady on the right. Anyways, the tiara she's wearing must be the same tiara that Maria Christina's daughter Anna di Borbon dos Sicilias wore on her own wedding day.
View image: anna borbon sicilias

I have no clue about the tiara worn by the lady on the right.

Spot on for the more recent picture of the tiara...we can assume that it is Savoy-Aosta heirloom as she wore it years before her wedding...

As for the lady on the right,it is almost 100 % that it is not her sister Margherita...

The tiara lady that on the right is wearing seems much more substantial...

Maybe if there were some more information about this event in 1958 in Belgium,maybe we could find some clue...

Hehe, it must feel awful to attend a royal wedding and find out that you're the only one who got the dress code wrong.

I have often wondered if that really is the same tiara that Inéz de Borbón is wearing at the wedding in Athens. The tiara in Athens has only 3 dark spots in it. The ruby tiara has a whole row of rubies. The 'dark spots' in Inéz' tiara looks rather oval to me, so I wonder if she was wearing her mother's Chaumet sapphire tiara. Difficult to say, but in the picture don't say much because they were added late to a picture that originally was black and white.

Thank you for that picture, Marc! In that pic it looks very much like the ruby tiara indeed, you can make out the complete row of dark stones. I wonder what happened that the other pic looks so strangely like three colored stones only.

I wonder what happened that the other pic looks so strangely like three colored stones only.

Obviously someone who has done the coloring didn't pay attention to details...especially "little" details.

Is Princess Maria Dolores of Bourbon Two-Sicilies wearing here tiara that her sister Maria de la Esperanza later inherited or some other one?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_iDkudBHHp...s1600/ouchy+ajczart+i+mdolores+12-08-1937.jpg

The picture was taken on her marriage day to Prince Augustyn Czartoryski...

http://www.royaltyguide.nl/images-families/bourbon/bbsicilie3/1909 Dolores-01.JPG

Here is she wearing another grand parure.Wonder what happened with these jewels.Did her son,Prince Adam Czartoryski inherit this?

Last edited:
Picture from the Athens wedding:

ez02_zps9d4da261.jpg Photo by manuesevilla3 | Photobucket

Identified as Princess Isabella of Savoy-Genoa on the left and Princess Christina of Savoy-Aosta on the right,wearing tiaras.
Very interesting pic. :flowers: Which wedding was that, Sophia's or Konstantin's? And can we identify the tiaras? The tiara on the right does not look like the Savoy-Aosta tiara (now with Princess Astrid) to me. The outline looks different and it seems to have coloured stones.

Very interesting pic. :flowers: Which wedding was that, Sophia's or Konstantin's? And can we identify the tiaras? The tiara on the right does not look like the Savoy-Aosta tiara (now with Princess Astrid) to me. The outline looks different and it seems to have coloured stones.

It was Sophia's wedding. Hope this will be some clue :)

Wow, that must be quite an exercise of equilibrium...

I don't know the origins of the tiaras, nor what did it happen to them.
IIRC when Princess Letizia died in 1926 her sole heir was her lover, so if the tiaras were a personal property of the Princess they may have been inherited by him.

Interesting that the pink stones are tourmaline (semi-precious) instead of amethyst (precious). The same counts for the history told in that article: garnets instead of rubies. It sounds a bit as if it was the purpose to make-believe.

Back
Top Bottom