Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Artemisia,
Congratulations for your Royal jewels board ! kind regards MO

Old 02-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Commoner

Yes, Artemisia, congrats on your board - will be checking it out soon!

Old 03-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday (on a Friday): Queen Margherita's Musy Tiara

While I do like that there are different versions of this tiara, it's one of my least favorites. It's just way too much for me.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I prefer it in the simpler shape with some if the arches removed,I'd forgotten that Marina,Princess of Naples wore it a few years back!
Old 04-29-2013, 05:53 AM
Courtier

Some more photos of Italian tiaras:

Old 04-29-2013, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

That is a lovely picture of (I guess) Princess Maria Pia and Queen Marie José. Did I identify them correctly?
Marc, do you know at which event the photo was taken?
Old 04-29-2013, 02:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like them both though I don't like think wearing glasses with the Musy tiara does the wearer or the tiara any justice I like it though. The other one is so beautiful IMO
Old 04-30-2013, 03:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
That is a lovely picture of (I guess) Princess Maria Pia and Queen Marie José. Did I identify them correctly?
Marc, do you know at which event the photo was taken?
Yes,you did :)

Well,I am not sure...It could be one of the events in Belgium since the Queen was wearing a different tiara for the pre-wedding ball of her daughter and Prince Alexander...

Maria Pia was wearing the same tiara for the pre-wedding ball and her mother's tiara posted above for the actual wedding...
Old 06-13-2013, 08:08 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Ancona Tiara

This tiara is one of my favorite pearl tiaras. It has a very classic, regal, and timeless design. Such a stunningly beautiful tiara.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ancona Tiara.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	290024  
Old 06-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the info IloveCP. That is one of the most lovely pearl and diamond tiaras. Im glad Princess Camilla has it. She can be quite outrageous in her clothes so its nice to know she purchased some of her husbands legacy. Why not if you can afford it...right?
Old 09-12-2013, 08:11 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Chaumet Bourbon-Parma Tiara

I have never seen this tiara before and it's absolutely stunningly beautiful! I just love those top pear-shaped diamonds. The design is very regal, classic, and faultless. This tiara is simply magnificent and exquisite!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bourbon-Parma Diamond Tiara by Chaumet.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	290023  
Old 10-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Several pieces of jewellery that belonged to the Duchess of Genoa, née Princess Lydia of Arenberg will be on sale at Christie's Auction in Geneva. The auction will take place on November 12:

Google Translate

Among the jewels being sold are pins and necklaces of other members of the House of Savoy, including a pearl and diamond brooch which was given to Princess Lydia by Queen Elena for her wedding.

Google Translate

Just in case anyone's interested, Noblesse & Royautes have also linked the auction's catalogue, which has more information about the jewels and a preview of the auction which is taking place in 5th Avenue, New York. You can find them here and here.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Old 02-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Savoy Pink Tourmaline Tiara

Without a doubt, this tiara is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. It is beyond magnificent. The shade of pink on those stones are just stunning. I love the floral design, and the earrings and necklace/bracelet are very beautiful as well. This tiara is truly regal and breathtaking.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Savoy Pink Tourmaline Tiara

Without a doubt, this tiara is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. It is beyond magnificent. The shade of pink on those stones are just stunning. I love the floral design, and the earrings and necklace/bracelet are very beautiful as well. This tiara is truly regal and breathtaking.
The Savoy Pink Tourmaline Tiara is still in the family jewel box,I know very little about the House of Savoy jewels & assumed they would have sold them all by now.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Administrator

v HRH The Duchess of Castro, wearing what appears to be diamond & ruby jewellery, at this year's Rose Ball in Monaco.

The Thumbnail images form small cropped portions of much larger photographs.
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2014, 12:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
Queen Marie Jose wearing the diamonds and pearls tiara inherited from Impress Charlotte of Mexico, which used to belong to Impress of France Josephine Bonaparte, according to the tradition
Is this tiara of Queen Carola of Saxony the same,or maybe similar to this one?

Old 07-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Ruby Dragonfly Tiara

I love rubies but I think this tiara is awful. Mostly because it's based off of bugs.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Is this tiara of Queen Carola of Saxony the same,or maybe similar to this one?
YES, I think you found a match, Marc23! Once again you found some fascinating rare pic. Thanks for posting!

The tiara was made around 1830 for Stephanie de Beauharnais, Grand Duchess of Baden (it is sometimes wrongly attributed to Stephanie’s relative Empress Josephine.) Stephanie’s granddaughter Marie of Hohenzollern married the Count of Flanders and so the tiara passed into the Belgium RF.

But Queen Carola of Sachsen was another granddaughter of Stephanie de Beauharnais through her eldest daughter Luise of Baden. She must have inherited it first. And since King Albert and Queen Carola of Sachsen had not issue, the tiara must have passed to her cousin, the Countess of Flanders, after her death.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Marie Gabrielle is the jewel seller of the family ! Does she need money ?
His brother kept his jewels but her sisters Maria Pia and Maria Beatrice I don't know if they kept theirs ?
Old 07-04-2014, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Princess Marie Gabrielle is the jewel seller of the family ! Does she need money ?
His brother kept his jewels but her sisters Maria Pia and Maria Beatrice I don't know if they kept theirs ?

The floral tiara of Queen Margharita was sold by Princess Maria Beatrice.

I don’t know if Maria Pia was able to keep some jewels, but I haven’t seen a family tiara on any of her descendants.

I think that Maria Gabriella kept her pearl and diamond tiara. At least her daughter wore it in 2003 at her wedding.

I don’t know what happened to the ears-of-wheat tiara, but afaik it hasn’t been seen for decades.

Tags
jewellery, savoy