The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-19-2007, 12:05 AM
Courtier

I actually meant the pieces of the Savoy family's jewels that were auctioned throughout the 1980s...but yes, Belgium would have a fine collection of jewels were it not for their refusal to create a state foundation or such.

Old 05-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Aristocracy

The auction of the Savoy Jewels will take place June 13th.

Old 05-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Royal Highness

Moy goodness...what is she doing? Selling every single piece of Savoy jewelry left??????
Old 05-27-2007, 12:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope some members of other royal families buy these fantastic jewels.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:10 AM
Royal Highness

I went through the entire lot, and I just could not believe what I was seeing-what a shame the family has to sell their jewels--

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 05-29-2007, 04:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy
The auction of the Savoy Jewels will take place June 13th.
It's a shame they feel the need to part with such lovely jewels, but it makes me wonder what (if anything) they kept for themselves.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:00 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Considering these jewels are property of Princess Marie-Gabriella only (and she does have some other items too, if I recall correctly), I am wondering if the other two daughters of King Umberto received any jewelry from their mother. It seems that MG is selling the items that came from Belgium. I wonder if she received any Italian items too or that those are safely in a family trust headed by the Prince of Napels.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:43 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
I am sick! Hopefully those jewels will find a new owner worthy of their splendor and history.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Well, IMHO the only two persons worthy enough of wearing a parure from Empress Carlota of Mexico are Queen Paola and CP Mathilde of Belgium. Sadly the King preferred to buy a new yacht over a new tiara.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Serene Highness

Are there any pictures of any ladies wearing the Empress Josephine diamond tiara?
Old 06-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Carlo posted some items that Princess Maria-Gabriella still has, after the auction (at the Royal Jewels MB):

Quote:
Here are three more photos of jewels belonging to HRH the Princess Maria Gabriella:
photo1: aquamarines and diamonds necklace and bracelet (with Dr. Piero Ferrari - owner of the famous car industry).
photo2: one of the two rows of Queen Maria José's necklace.
photo3: diamonds and pearls tiara - gift of HM King Umberto of Italy to his daughter, made by Petochi.
Quote:
Here from GRE Casa Savoia fantastic site: the Princess and some of her parures.

Pearl & diamond demi-parure 1
Pearl & diamond demi-parure 2

Amnethyst necklace
Old 06-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Considering these jewels are property of Princess Marie-Gabriella only (and she does have some other items too, if I recall correctly), I am wondering if the other two daughters of King Umberto received any jewelry from their mother. It seems that MG is selling the items that came from Belgium. I wonder if she received any Italian items too or that those are safely in a family trust headed by the Prince of Napels.
Isn't alot of the Savoias jewelry held by the Italian state? I think I remember reading somewhere that the family planned to sue the state to get their jewels back?
Old 06-11-2007, 06:40 AM
Royal Highness

hellomagazine.com
Interesting that her siblings didn't want the items and the tax bill that went with them, and that she's only keeping some books and a desk.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Courtier

Hello Marengo

Do you know the name of the site dedicated to Casa Savoia? I'm interested in but I don't know the exact name>
Thanks
Old 06-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarat
Hello Marengo

Do you know the name of the site dedicated to Casa Savoia? I'm interested in but I don't know the exact name>
Thanks
Well I'm not Marengo and I'm not sure which website you're referring to ..., but there's a Casa Savoia section at the Glittering Royal Events site at:
http://www.angelfire.com/realm3/casasavoia/intro.html
Old 06-13-2007, 05:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy
Well I'm not Marengo and I'm not sure which website you're referring to ..., but there's a Casa Savoia section at the Glittering Royal Events site at:
http://www.angelfire.com/realm3/casasavoia/intro.html
Yes, it's this site ! Thank you very much Stacy
Old 10-21-2007, 01:15 PM

Italian Crown Jewels

Can anybody inform me of whatever happened to the Italian Crown Jewels after the last King was voted out? Did the collection ever have a crown?
Old 10-22-2007, 01:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Italian crown jewels are in safe keeping at the Bank of Italy because their ownership is disputed.

The Commonplace Book of Zadok the Roman: Italian Crown Jewels
Old 10-22-2007, 06:38 AM
Administrator

The Jewels in the vault have been discussed in the Savoy Royal Family Jewels thread so the two threads have been merged.

The legal ownership of these jewels - the Italian State or the House of Savoy - has yet to be determined as neither party has made a claim.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Commoner

are there more jewels to be put on auction?,,,,i would love to have some of thejewels hehehehe....pity they could not keep their jewels bcoz of inheritance taxes...if im just rich i would buy them all and give it back to princess maria...she is a grand old royal lady!!

Tags
jewellery, savoy