Royal Emerald Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now that would make a great Mother's Day gift~for ME!!!:ROFLMAO:

Yes, I agree, I want it. Does anyone know more about Princess Katherine. When did Empress Eugénie part with it?

(Maybe they'll lower the price due to the hardware issue...)

Like that'd ever happen.

The Sothebys catalog seemed to have alot of "royal" jewels in it this time. I wish there was more history about some of the other pieces.

This would be a nice addition to some of the European Royal Families - Belgians - watch out. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The tiara would look stunning on Mathilde and Claire.;):flowers:

Hello All!!

Yes it is a shame that you can see the construction through the emeralds but this is usually the case when mounting old polished Indian gems. They were likely drilled for use on a necklace in the 17th or 18th centuries already. I did a blog post on the tiara to put it in context. The link to Eugenie is a bit thin. It merely asserts that she sold 25 emerald drops from her personal collection in 1872 and that by 1900 a group of them may have been reunited to used on this piece...definitely not a smoking gun. Nice to meet you all. I was a regular contributer on the Catherine Middleton pages regarding her wedding tiara choices.
Very interesting & yes "yummy"- does the mention that it was offered 30 years ago mean it didn't reach its reserve price/was withdrawn?
Oh yes, it definitely sold in 1979 when it was sold by the Donnersmarck heirs. It has been in another collection since...I am still trying to root that out...

-AR

That tiara is lovely I love the history too. Thanks for that.

Nobel Prize 2011- Queen Sonja of Norway - Gala Dinner at Grand Hotel

Image have been cropped and are not subject of copyright

Attachments

• 2.01. (3).jpg
    2.01. (3).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 249
letitzia has wiorn a emerald necklace with earings
is this her or does it belong to the family

then i have seen maxima with some "modern" emerald earings

Last edited:
letitzia has wiorn a emerald necklace with earings
is this her or does it belong to the family
The contemporary emerald set belongs to Queen Sofia, who has worn it frequently - also for the wedding of Felipe and Letizia.

Beautiful set and I'm sure the emeralds enhanced Leti's eyes. Nice to see her wear important jewelry.

Emeralds are my all-time favorite stones and like seeing Letizia wearing them.

I Like Princess Letizia Earing More Than Necklace , and I Like Her Tiara Here Very Much Soo Unique :flowers:

Isn't there a particular royal family that has biggest collection of emeralds in their royal collection ? I believe it to be the Romanian royal family.

:previous:
Certainly not the Romanians - they have very little grand jewellery left of any description.

I would guess the Brits. HM has so many brooches and stuff that don't get worn much so if we were to count.... which I will attempt, I'm going to say Queen Elizabeth!

We'll never know of course, but in terms of size, maybe even the Royal Families of Thailand or Brunei.
Whatever the case, it's a good excuse for a brief excursion outside Europe...

1, 2 & 3. Queen Sirikit of Thailand, emerald & ruby necklace, emerald belt, emerald suite
4. Queen Saleha of Brunei emerald parure
5. Crown Princess Sarah of Brunei wedding emeralds

Images in public domain or cropped portions of larger photographs

Attachments

• Queen Sirikit jewels.jpg
    Queen Sirikit jewels.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 15,805
  • Queen Sirikit Emerald Belt.jpg
    Queen Sirikit Emerald Belt.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 10,697
  • Queen Sirikit Emeralds.jpg
    Queen Sirikit Emeralds.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 10,883
  • Queen Saleha Emeralds.jpg
    Queen Saleha Emeralds.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 2,750
  • Brunei Crown Princess Sarah.jpg
    Brunei Crown Princess Sarah.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 5,930
Queen Saleha of Brunei emerald parure is breathtaking! I also love Sarah's necklace!

So nice to take a tour of other royal houses to take a look at their loot! :D

This tiara is stunning! It's a French royal tiara.

:previous:That is my all-time favorite emerald tiara. It would be my second if the Empress Marie-Louise's tiara (the one currently in the Smithsonian) hadn't been butchered.

:previous:Now that looks like Grand Duchess Marie-Therese tall fortress tiara. I don't know if I care for this too much due to the height (if I don't sound too insane saying that!), but I do like the French tiara posted by ILoveCP. The emeralds look almost blue in that light; gorgeous!

:previous:Now that looks like Grand Duchess Marie-Therese tall fortress tiara. I don't know if I care for this too much due to the height (if I don't sound too insane saying that!), but I do like the French tiara posted by ILoveCP. The emeralds look almost blue in that light; gorgeous!

Here's a photo of it being worn. In terms of size it looks closer to Empress Josephine's emerald tiara owned by the Norwegian Royal Family.

FRENCH CROWN JEWELS | The parure of Marie-Louise Empress of France

(side note: can anyone tell me who is wearing the parure in the photo I linked to?)

:previous:Thank you for that link; it certainly looks better worn in the more modern style.

Emeralds are my favorite gems and this thread has some wonderful examples. My favorite one is still Queen Mary's parure from the early 20th century-a really fantastic set. Thanks to all for the great pix!:flowers:

The emerald choker Diana wore is one of my all time fave pieces of jewelry!! It is perfect to me. Elegant, sexy, regal...everything!!!

Back
Top Bottom