Royal and Noble Families of Italy Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Claude de France wore this knots and stars tiara the day of her wedding.
I did not see this tiara anymore , her two girls wore other tiaras on their wedding day.(Mafalda married twice )

Princess Astrid of the Belgians is wearing one of the Aoste tiara and the necklace. It is a loan from her stepmother because Astrid has no jewelry and she is the only one who can wear them for official evening receptions at the Belgian Court.
I may understand but it is sad , that a Princess who has no official life anymore , may sell her jewelry for having an appartment or house for themselves or her children.

Do you mean her mother-in-law Archduchess Margherita?

Yes MAfan, the widow of the late Archiduke Robert of Habsburg-Este , born Princess Margherita of Aosta, daughter of Prince Amadeo and the Princess Anne d' Orleans.

They were on loan - as stated in Paris match Ican not remember from where.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as the jewels kept in Bank of Italy, it is announced that they will be shown in 2011 for the 150th anniversary of Italy's unification.
Unfortunately we haven't seen the jewels for the 150th anniversary :sad:
Maybe the dispute between the italian state and the Savoy family is not resolved.
Here in Italy we haven't heard any news recently about the jewels.

The Bourbon-Parmer Tiara, as it's name refers, belongs to the royal family of Bourbon Parma, not the possesion of the royal family of the Netherland, and not for Amalia to use.

Didn't know where to post this as there aren't any Bourbon-Parma jewelry threads...

Here is one more tiara that belonged to Bourbon-Parma family worn by Duchess Madeleine,nee de Bourbon-Busset:

MadlBuss.jpg

Does it exist today?

:previous:This beautiful tiara hasn't been seen in public for a long time. The last picture I have seen was from the 1960's when Princess Francoise of Lobkowicz wore it at a charity event. I have never heard rumours about it being sold, so I hope that it is still in her family.

:previous:This beautiful tiara hasn't been seen in public for a long time. The last picture I have seen was from the 1960's when Princess Francoise of Lobkowicz wore it at a charity event. I have never heard rumours about it being sold, so I hope that it is still in her family.

So,is this the "Lobkowicz" tiara Francoise wore at her wedding?

Absolutely not. It is the Bourbon Parme tiara even seen on Prince Leopold and Princess Astrid of the Belgian's wedding wearing by the Princess René de Bourbon Parme , born Princess of Denmark.
Princess Françoise still owns or sold the tiara .

Thank you for your answer.
Are there any pictures of her wearing this tiara from that event?

Tilla , yes she wore her bandeau tiara , I was wrong .
I saw other pictures I don't remember yet.
It belongs to Princess Françoise . She had 4 children , two of her sons died , we saw her at the Luxembourg wedding with her third son. Her daughter is a Nun(religieuse).
Her relationship with her brother the late Duke of Parme was that bad, she did not attend his funerals. I wonder if she will give her tiara to the actual Duchess of Parma as she is a commoner ?

:previous: I am sure that Princess Rene wore the tiara at least once, maybe at the wedding of CP Frederik of Denmark & Princess Ingrid of Sweden.

Since the quarrels in the family are so very grave, I don't think that the tiara will ever be worn by the actual Duchess. Princess Francoise might rather leave it to her unmarried son. Maybe he will still get married.

I think they are right because the jewels returns to them

You mean like in Norway where Princesses have certain tiaras at life-long disposal,but after they die,tiaras are back to the main line?

Or something else?

Here is Madeleine's relative Comtesse de Bourbon-Busset wearing a tiara in 1957:

bourbon-buss.jpg

Wow , never see this tiara before ?

Me neither...

Maybe in other forums they might know more about jewelry...

I wanted to post in other message board concerning jewels(such as GREMB),but I can t get the password as the administrators don't reply for years now :(

Last edited:
Here is Madeleine's relative Comtesse de Bourbon-Busset wearing a tiara in 1957...
The diadem was created by Chaumet and was sold some years ago.

Regards!

Attachments

• 1653011.jpg
    1653011.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,430
  • elana of aosta emerald necklace (1).jpg
    elana of aosta emerald necklace (1).jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,716
  • astridtiaragp2 (1).jpg
    astridtiaragp2 (1).jpg
    25 KB · Views: 943
The diadem was created by Chaumet and was sold some years ago.

Regards!

Didn't know that-thank you!

Do you know to whom exactly this tiara belonged to?I mean,is anything said in auction lot?

Attachments

• queen_elena_of_italy_with_n.jpg
    queen_elena_of_italy_with_n.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,020
  • ITA-QMEmBrooch.jpg
    ITA-QMEmBrooch.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,079
  • ITA-QMEmBrooch1.jpg
    ITA-QMEmBrooch1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,031
  • Capture2 (2).JPG
    Capture2 (2).JPG