The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-19-2015, 07:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Do you mean this one or that one?
The first one was created in 1904 for Queen Margherita by Musy; she later left it to her grandson Umberto II, who gave it as a wedding gift to Queen Maria José.
The second one is among the Crown jewels deposited in the Bank of Italy.
My goodness those are just breathtaking and made me drool, what beautiful tiaras. I have seen the 1st one on some lady of the royal family, please excuse my ignorance for I don't know her name, just so beautiful and dreamy looking.

Think in about a 100 years there will be anybody left of the formal royal family that will care about these jewels? And 35 million, yikes can I borrow a dime or two, what a shame on the country and the royal family. Really very sad thinking about it.

Thank you for all your information. I will be keeping on eye on this thread to see if there is any future developments.

Old 12-20-2015, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The first one is still in possession of the family IIRC; she has been used sometime by Marina Doria, the wife of Prince Vittorio Emanuele (i.e. at the wedding of Frederik and Mary of Denmark in 2004).

Old 12-20-2015, 12:36 PM
Aristocracy

Thank You, yes that is the one I saw but not in that picture. It is huge, goodness, it looks like it is going to fall back off her head. That one for me is so dreamy looking and I bet seeing it in real life would take my breath away.
I am glad to see that it is still being used and not collecting dust somewhere.
I think I need to learn/read more about this family for they are new to me. Did they lose their throne before or after WW2 do you know? Such a shame for some monarchies are very good for the people as long as they are for all the people.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pearls and Diamond Tiara King Umberto II gave to his daughter
Old 02-16-2016, 01:27 AM
Majesty

Saturday Sparkler: The Ancona Tiara | The Court Jeweller

A very stunning and regal tiara.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Its a very beautiful tiara!!! I love the pearls! And nice that is not lost!
Old 02-17-2016, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The diamond and pearl Ancona Tiara is one of the most beautiful pearl tiaras,really glad to discover it was bought back and once again in royal hands.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:42 AM
Serene Highness

Princess Maria Christina of Savoy-Aosta,aunt of Archduke Lorenz,wearing a tiara:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/290552613435994988/

This was in 1958,almost 50 years ago,so I assume that she is wearing a Savoy-Aosta piece as she has married Prince Casimir of Bourbon Two-Sicilies only 9 years later, in 1967.

Don't know who the other lady is with her and which tiara is she wearing.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Princess Maria Christina of Savoy-Aosta,aunt of Archduke Lorenz,wearing a tiara:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/290552613435994988/

This was in 1958,almost 50 years ago,so I assume that she is wearing a Savoy-Aosta piece as she has married Prince Casimir of Bourbon Two-Sicilies only 9 years later, in 1967.

Don't know who the other lady is with her and which tiara is she wearing.
Here is the same pic on getty images, it's a bit bigger.
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id141556520

I read somewhere that the two ladies are the two sisters Margherita and Maria Christina. I'm not sure though it that information is reliable.

So would the lady on the left be Princess Margherita? She looks a bit older than the lady on the right. Anyways, the tiara she's wearing must be the same tiara that Maria Christina's daughter Anna di Borbon dos Sicilias wore on her own wedding day.
View image: anna borbon sicilias

I have no clue about the tiara worn by the lady on the right.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I think I have already seen in the past the lady on the right, but I cannot recall who she is. But I'm rather sure that she isn't Archduchess Margherita.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I read somewhere that the two ladies are the two sisters Margherita and Maria Christina. I'm not sure though it that information is reliable.

So would the lady on the left be Princess Margherita? She looks a bit older than the lady on the right. Anyways, the tiara she's wearing must be the same tiara that Maria Christina's daughter Anna di Borbon dos Sicilias wore on her own wedding day.
View image: anna borbon sicilias

I have no clue about the tiara worn by the lady on the right.
Spot on for the more recent picture of the tiara...we can assume that it is Savoy-Aosta heirloom as she wore it years before her wedding...

As for the lady on the right,it is almost 100 % that it is not her sister Margherita...

The tiara lady that on the right is wearing seems much more substantial...

Maybe if there were some more information about this event in 1958 in Belgium,maybe we could find some clue...
Old 03-21-2016, 03:11 PM
Serene Highness

Interesting article about diamond and ruby tiara now belonging to Princess Teresa of Bourbon Two-Sicilies,now Marchioness of Laula:

tiara time investigates! the Laula Ruby Diadem | tiaras and trianon

She is "famous" for being the only woman wearing a tiara at King Felipe's wedding.Picture from the wedding inside.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Hehe, it must feel awful to attend a royal wedding and find out that you're the only one who got the dress code wrong.

I have often wondered if that really is the same tiara that Inéz de Borbón is wearing at the wedding in Athens. The tiara in Athens has only 3 dark spots in it. The ruby tiara has a whole row of rubies. The 'dark spots' in Inéz' tiara looks rather oval to me, so I wonder if she was wearing her mother's Chaumet sapphire tiara. Difficult to say, but in the picture don't say much because they were added late to a picture that originally was black and white.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:00 PM
Serene Highness

It could be due to coloring...

5701.jpg Photo by manuesevilla3 | Photobucket

Here is one more picture of Princess Ines wearing a tiara,although black and white.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you for that picture, Marc! In that pic it looks very much like the ruby tiara indeed, you can make out the complete row of dark stones. I wonder what happened that the other pic looks so strangely like three colored stones only.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I wonder what happened that the other pic looks so strangely like three colored stones only.
Obviously someone who has done the coloring didn't pay attention to details...especially "little" details.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:08 AM
Serene Highness

Is Princess Maria Dolores of Bourbon Two-Sicilies wearing here tiara that her sister Maria de la Esperanza later inherited or some other one?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_iDkudBHHpq...12-08-1937.jpg

The picture was taken on her marriage day to Prince Augustyn Czartoryski...

http://www.royaltyguide.nl/images-fa...Dolores-01.JPG

Here is she wearing another grand parure.Wonder what happened with these jewels.Did her son,Prince Adam Czartoryski inherit this?
Old 05-18-2016, 05:05 AM
Serene Highness

Picture from the Athens wedding:

ez02_zps9d4da261.jpg Photo by manuesevilla3 | Photobucket

Identified as Princess Isabella of Savoy-Genoa on the left and Princess Christina of Savoy-Aosta on the right,wearing tiaras.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Picture from the Athens wedding:

ez02_zps9d4da261.jpg Photo by manuesevilla3 | Photobucket

Identified as Princess Isabella of Savoy-Genoa on the left and Princess Christina of Savoy-Aosta on the right,wearing tiaras.
Very interesting pic. Which wedding was that, Sophia's or Konstantin's? And can we identify the tiaras? The tiara on the right does not look like the Savoy-Aosta tiara (now with Princess Astrid) to me. The outline looks different and it seems to have coloured stones.

Old 05-18-2016, 03:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Very interesting pic. Which wedding was that, Sophia's or Konstantin's? And can we identify the tiaras? The tiara on the right does not look like the Savoy-Aosta tiara (now with Princess Astrid) to me. The outline looks different and it seems to have coloured stones.
It was Sophia's wedding. Hope this will be some clue :)

Tags
jewellery, savoy