Royal and Noble Families of Italy Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
Queen Margherita (1880), nicknamed "the queen of pearls", wearing one of her famous necklaces and water drop-shaped earrings. 12/00/2002. The Savoy royal family demand that the Italian state give them back their family jewels kept in a safe at the Bank of Italy ever since 1946.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 22,659
Queen Margherita's water drop-shaped earrings.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 18,728
Duchess of Aorta's tiara was turned into a necklace. Included is a pair of earrings

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 18,651
Central part of one of Queen Margherita's necklaces, including a 47,76-carat emerald

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 17,706
Bracelet made of diamonds and pearls, offered by prince Umberto to queen Margherita for the birth of the Prince of Naples in 1869.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 16,519
Diamond tiara belonging to princess Marie Jose who never wore it.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 7,577
Queen Marie Jose wearing the diamonds and pearls tiara inherited from Impress Charlotte of Mexico, which used to belong to Impress of France Josephine Bonaparte, according to the tradition

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 20,662
Margherita wearing the large tiara made of pearls and 541 diamons, as well as two diamond bracelets and a 684-pearl necklace.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 18,847
Margherita wearing the large tiara made of pearls and 541 diamons, as well as two diamond bracelets and a 684-pearl necklace.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 16,733
Elena of Aosta's necklace made of emeralds and diamonds.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 17,196
Queen Marie Jose 's diamonds and pearls tiara inherited from Impress Charlotte of Mexico, which used to belong to Impress of France Josephine Bonaparte, according to the tradition.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 17,989
Here's the Duchess of Aosta wearing the knot tiara (That has stars on top :) )

Attachments

• neattiara.JPG
    neattiara.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 18,276
I love the Savoy Aosta knot tiara. It is beautiful. How did this family come to get it? The Duke is of the minor brach.

Originally posted by Josefine@Sep 17th, 2003 - 8:26 pm
this choker necklace looks very similar to the one that Queen Mary (GB) passed to the Duchess of Gloucester?

I was thinking the same thing. Looks as if it has more strands, though; the Duchess of Gloucester's has eleven, and this one has quite a few more (although it was making my eyes cross trying to count them!).

Are there good color pictures of Queen Margherita? :question:

What appen to this jewels tey are sold?

That marvelous piece isn´t sold. I think it´s still in the family.

Why is that person always wearing sunglasses with tiaras :yuk:

Last edited by a moderator:
She may want to look cool, or elegant. Well I don´t think it works :sick:

Does she have an eye problem of some sort? Some people have sensitive eyes or conditions that make ordinary light levels painful.

Marina always wears sunglasses. In her looks, I think she reminds me of Empress Farah, but not quite as elegant as Farah. Also, aren't Farah Pahlavi and the Savoy's pretty close?

Marina married in Teheran, if i´m right.
But I also know that she married in Las Vegas. i don´t know. But there are Family-connections

There's no blood-connections between the Savoia Royal Family and the Pahlavi Imperial Family. They are only friends.

Princess Marina
does anyone have a close up of the tiara

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 12,505
Queen Margherita's Pearl Tiara

Here is another pic of Queen Margherita's Diamond & Pearl tiara.
Courtesy Dossia Savoia

Attachments

• Savoy Queen Margherita Diamond & Pearl Tiara.jpg
    Savoy Queen Margherita Diamond & Pearl Tiara.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 2,517
I just adore the Queen Margherita Diamond & Pearl tiara. Absolutely stunning.

The Jewels that Clotilde wore to her marriage to Emanuelle, where and when were they acquired by the Savoy family?

Back
Top Bottom