The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Words don't seem to be able to describe these gems.
True art IMO, and the finest form.
Thank you for sharing, it just made my day!!!!

Old 03-07-2011, 03:16 AM

hey I found the famous Romanov Diamond and Pearl Tiara that imelda Marcos purchased from one of englands Dukes.... :) Its on 2:05, and its sitting on a white paper!!!

Old 03-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Serene Highness

That Lady had more jewels then most reigning queens! To bad she didn't get to keep it, if she did buy it with her own money, it should be given back, although I'm sure the video is old and the situation was resolved by now.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Is this £20 million nest-egg on your mantelpiece?

The Telegraph (UK), 15 August 2011
Is this £20 million nest-egg on your mantelpiece? - Telegraph

A search is under way for a Fabergé Imperial Egg, worth up to £20 million, which is believed to be in Britain but whose owners have no idea of its true identity or value. The Fabergé egg has been lost for almost 90 years, but art experts have discovered that it has been sold since – but was not identified as a Fabergé at the time.

The egg, believed to be the Easter gift from Tsar Alexander III to his wife Tsarina Maria Feodorovna in 1887, is known to exist from a photograph from 1902 when it was included in an exhibition in St Petersburg. Gold and gem-studded, it is decorated with diamond-encrusted ribbons of leaves and roses and three large sapphires. It contains a gold watch by the Swiss watch maker Vacheron & Constantin.

Following the 1917 Russian Revolution, it is believed to have been seized by the Bolsheviks and was recorded in a 1922 Soviet inventory. Art experts suspected it had been lost or destroyed until earlier this month, when a Fabergé enthusiast in America discovered an identical image of the egg in an auction catalogue from the 1960s.

The image shows the egg among lots being sold in March 1964 by Parke Bernet, the New York auction house that was later acquired by Sotheby’s. The vendor was named only as “Clarke”, with the egg described as “Gold Watch in Egg-Form Case on Wrought Three-Tone Gold Stand, Set with Jewels”. It was sold for $2,450 (£875 at the time).

The newly discovered image of the egg has prompted a frantic search by Sotheby’s to trace its whereabouts. Kieran McCarthy, a Fabergé expert from the Mayfair jeweller Wartski, said: “This is an extraordinary discovery. Identifying one of the missing Imperial eggs is incredibly exciting, and even more exciting that whoever has this piece will have no idea of its provenance and significance – nor will they know they are sitting on a royal relic which could be worth £20 million.

v The lost Fabergé egg
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Courtier

Wow! This is exciting news, not least for whoever owns it now. I have always hoped at least one of the missing eggs would be discovered one day and it looks like it may happen. One would imagine that the watch would be long gone. I read at the Alexander Palace forums that when Faberge was commissioned to make an egg by the Tsar he didn't always put his hallmark on it. Which may explain why whoever has had it all these years did not realise it was a genuine piece. Hopefully it comes to light soon. Thanks for the update Warren.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:20 AM
Royal Highness

I have to think that who ever bought it knew what they were getting (ie Imperial Faberge Egg) even if the seller didn't know.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I have to think that who ever bought it knew what they were getting (ie Imperial Faberge Egg) even if the seller didn't know.
Not necessarily. I was amazed to find out my Aunt, an art teacher of 60+ age had NO CLUE about the eggs.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Royal Highness

I am truly amazed,the Russian Royal jewels and the art collection leave me sick with envy,they are so beautiful and delicate!Are the jewels in the Kremlin also able to be seen/visited by the general public or are they locked up somewhere?I´ve seen a little bit of Russians treasury in St.Petersburg and I wonder where you can look at the Royal jewellery in Moskau or in other Russian cities,any suggestions?Which palaces or museums showcase the most interesting pieces?
Old 09-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent

The large bow brooch Princess Marina, the Duchess of Kent, brought to England with her is my most favourite Romanov jewel.
Blauerengel, doesn't the Hermitage have a large collection of their jewels?!

Check that out: http://www.hmns.org/index.php?option...430&Itemid=453
Old 09-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Royal Highness

The Hermitage is very beautiful and shows lots of art but I´ve seen a documentary with the most beautiful jewels of the Romanovs and they were shown in the Kremlin-so I was not sure if they were just shown for the tv audience or if you can look at them like in a museum- I also read that some pieces of jewellery were given as a present to members of other royal families,but I believe the majority is still somewhere in Moskau..
I´ve found this link quite interesting:Jewels of the Romanovs - Treasures of the Tsars - Pallasart Web Design
There are lots of good videos with pictures of the jewels on youtube:

I´ve seen a great HQ-Video with the jewels in the Kremlin but I can´t find it again:-(
Old 09-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
...I´ve seen a great HQ-Video with the jewels in the Kremlin but I can´t find it again
The first video in post #260 on the previous page is not HD but incredibly sharp nonetheless. It's brilliantly lit, shows a lot of jewels in 360° rotation, and sets off the en tremblant jewels to great effect.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Majesty

i just found a few photos of russian jewllery now beloning to the diamond fund
Russian royal jewelry | Image galleries | RIA Novosti
Old 09-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Kremlin Armory displays a selection of the Russian Imperial state jewels and related pieces. The vast collection (most of which remains in storage) is held in Moscow.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Even though this tiara is stunning,it looks painful to wear!

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2&d=1068413084
Old 12-20-2012, 08:39 AM

These links show pictures of some of Russian jewels from the famous table filled with confiscated imperial jewels.
I believe this is the tiara (sapphires maybe?) placed between the ears of wheat ("russian fields)" tiara and the fringe tiara.
I don't think I've ever seen any close-up of the tiara so far.
Any more information about it?

USGS Multimedia Gallery: Russian Crown Jewels from the USGS Library

USGS Multimedia Gallery: Russian Crown Jewels from the USGS Library

USGS Multimedia Gallery: Gems Photo Set
Old 02-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Maria Feodorovna's Russian Field Diadem
Quote:
Empress Maria Feodorovna (wife of Paul I, not the other one) commissioned a diadem from the famous Duval Brothers. The Empress wanted something that would remind of the Russian fields, and so the brothers created a diadem o oak and laurel leaves, bordered by sheaves of wheat.
Image used with permission.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

There are some amazing pieces of jewelry on that table,makes me think about the full collection the Romanov's had prior to 1917.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
There are some amazing pieces of jewelry on that table,makes me think about the full collection the Romanov's had prior to 1917.
You might want to purchase Stefano Papi's "Jewels of the Romanovs". It's a bit pricey but if you are a jewellaholic like me, you are going to positively drool at the pictures. I did.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

One of the most stunning sapphire parures I've ever seen is Empress Maria Feodorovna's parure. Hope you'll like it as much as I do!

Empress Maria Feodorovna's Sapphire Parure
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Absolutely breathtaking. Just beyond exquisite. One of my absolute favorites. Thanks for posting!

Tags
grand duchess olga alexandrovna, jewels, jewllery, romanov, russian royalty