Romanian Royal Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Both unlucky and unfortunate ,but can you imagine what a jewel collection the family once had until the Russian Revolution and then exile of the RF.

I couldn't disagree MORE ! I think this Tiara is simply exquisite, and the colours of icy diamonds, blackened Steel and rubies harmonise beautifully.. It is certainly unconventional and 'modern' for its time, but i consider it a masterpiece.

I don't like the Blackened Steel Kokoshnik ,it looks like something Countess Dracula would wear!

Its strange. Ive seen it in person and its a Masterpiece, but still really different. I guess women sometimes wanted somwthing different....and this would qualify. Its super sparkly.

I agree. Its a little strange but is Masterpiece sooo different. I love this tiara and yew An Ard Ri the head of Countess Dracula (good) would be perfect.

Imo it is beautiful and very special! Yes, women probably wanted something different from time to time, especially Queen Marie who was seen with various unusual tiara designs. (Some of them much less successful than this one, imo.)

I wonder if this tiara was considered for mourning, or at least half mourning.

I think it is an example of a diadem which looks beautiful when in movement. The considerable diamonds, surrounded by the black, will catch all attention with their sparkle. On itself I agree with the poster whom thought it was something for Countess Dracula.

:lol:

Duc could you find out why on her wedding day the Cown princess wore the Essex tiara borrowed by Garrard and not the only roumanian greek key tiara ?

No matter how much not to like this tiara does not cease to be majestic. I wonder how she chose this impressive tiara Queen Marie to give to her daughter.

What a magnificent tiara and pearls fantastic. Wonderful collection of jewelry of Queen Marie and what a pity for their fate.

Its one of my least favourite royal heirlooms and such a pity its the Romanian Royal Families only tiara.

Saturday Sparkler: The Romanian Massin Tiara | The Court Jeweller

This tiara is stunningly beautiful. It's elegant, regal, and timeless. One of the most magnificent tiaras I've seen.

This is my favorite of the tiaras that belonged to the family. I am so sad to see that it is gone, as I think it would be so beautiful for the queen, and her daughters.

I personally find the Key tiara to be unbelievably bulky, and can't blame the crown princess for choosing to wear a different tiara on her wedding day. It is beautiful but so large, and takes away from the ladies when they wear it.

Queen Anne had 4 Brothers and no Sister.
Princess Irene of Aosta born Princess of Greece is her Aunt.

Queen Anne had 4 Brothers and no Sister.
Princess Irene of Aosta born Princess of Greece is her Aunt.

Thak you, I was a bit lost with the genealogy :flowers:
Indeed, Irene was her aunt and not her sister.

Any idea where is the Collar the late Queen wore on her wedding day ?

Same thread on RJMD , are they from Denmark or Bourbon Parme ?

Same thread on RJMD , are they from Denmark or Bourbon Parme ?

Yes, but I can't comment there as I am not a member, so everything that I want to stay at one place, I post here.

They are Denmark provenance.

Jewels of the Romanian Royal Family (current)

I see there isn't an updated version of the Jewels of the Romanian Royal Family, so I thought I'd start one to discuss opinion, knowledge and to share images of the late Queen Anne, the Romanian Princesses and their children wearing what could be the prominent jewels in the family.

I welcome everybody to contribute to this board, to share their findings and images.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom