The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 02-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
I wonder if she'll get a new Tiara as a present by the King for her 70th birthday this summer.
Forher 60th birthday the King gave her the Modern Topez Tiara.
That would be great but hopefully a more traditional tiara.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 03-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: olathe, United States
Posts: 112
Love Her Jewelry
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 03-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
Crown Princess Sonja wearing the Queen Josephine Diamond Tiara and the diamond earrings that belong to it for an official portrait taken in 1969.
(KnudsensFotosenter)
She looks a lot like her daughter here...

Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 03-24-2007, 04:16 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
I wonder if she'll get a new Tiara as a present by the King for her 70th birthday this summer.
Forher 60th birthday the King gave her the Modern Topez Tiara.
isn't this the modern topez tiara? if so, I believe this was quite long before her 60th birthday.

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/2...onjakx7.th.jpg

(from the Harald & Sonja early pictures thread)
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 03-26-2007, 10:16 AM
Her_Majesty's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 8,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt
isn't this the modern topez tiara? if so, I believe this was quite long before her 60th birthday.

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/2...onjakx7.th.jpg

(from the Harald & Sonja early pictures thread)
According to the Royal Jewels Page this is the Pearl and Emerald Bracelet.

Pearl and Emerald Bracelet
"This is a bracelet worn as a tiara.
It's a pearl bracelet with a diamond lock, with an emerald in the center.
The bracelet was possibly a present for Crown Princess Märtha when she christened a ship in the 30's.
Sonja wore in her younger days mainly as bracelet, but once or twice as a tirara.
When she became queen, Sonja took out the diamond and emerald clasp at used in the four row pearl choker. "

(Source)

I wonder why she didn't wear this Tiara again.
And you are right: The Tiara looks very similar to the Modern Topez Tiara.

The Modern Topaz Tiara
"This modern tiara is made of gold and topaz.
The stones can be changed, and Sonja also has green stones.
It's a part of a suite that was a 60th birthday present from King Harald"

(source)
__________________
Have a look at TRF Rules and FAQ



Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 03-28-2007, 02:16 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
According to the Royal Jewels Page this is the Pearl and Emerald Bracelet.
oh!! Ok! Looking at the pictures, I can now see the difference.

Thank you for the link!
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 04-18-2007, 09:26 AM
Her_Majesty's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 8,566
Gala dinner at Oslo Palace in Norway april 17, 2007 (State Visit from Austria)

Queen Maud Pearl Tiara

I love this Tiara and I wish she would wear it more often! IMO it's one of the most beautiful Pearl Tiaras.
Maybe Sonja doesn't wear it as often as in the past because it's just a copy of the original Tiara which was stolen years ago.
__________________
Have a look at TRF Rules and FAQ



Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 04-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Prince of Chota's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Neuilly, France
Posts: 531
I don't really know what difference that would make...it isn't exactly made of glass and fake pearls...hahaha...

I love it,too. I think that when she does wear it, the queen's hair tends to cover it up a bit. But when you can see it...it's spectacular.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 04-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Her_Majesty's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 8,566
The beautiful Emerald Tiara:

Originally owned by Empress Josephine of France. Passed into the Norwegian Royal Family via Queen Josephine of Sweden, the Empress' granddaughter
Empress Josephine Emerald Tiara
__________________
Have a look at TRF Rules and FAQ



Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 06-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Her_Majesty's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 8,566
Gala in Finland

Close-ups of HM Queen Sonja's Diamond Jewels

Diamond Tiara
Diamond Tiara 2

Diamond ear rings

Necklace

Orden

close-up of the Queen
__________________
Have a look at TRF Rules and FAQ



Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 06-07-2007, 05:18 AM
Her_Majesty's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 8,566
Second day in Finland: more Jewels

Jewels of HM

Necklace

Ear Rings

I think the Ear Rings and the Necklace belong to the Modern Topaz (Star-Wars) Tiara.
I'm not a huge Fan of this Jewelry-set... I prefer the Diamonds and Emeralds...
__________________
Have a look at TRF Rules and FAQ



Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 07-26-2007, 07:53 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 134
There's a picture of Queen Maud, wearing a tiara I don't think I've ever seen before, in the Historical Photo Poll:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7-a-13178.html

Does anyone know what happend to this beautiful tiara?
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 07-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy View Post
There's a picture of Queen Maud, wearing a tiara I don't think I've ever seen before, in the Historical Photo Poll:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7-a-13178.html

Does anyone know what happend to this beautiful tiara?
It is in the posession of Princess Ragnhild but unfortunately she mostly wears the Pearl-Circle Tiara. She wore it a few times in the 80's.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 07-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy View Post
There's a picture of Queen Maud, wearing a tiara I don't think I've ever seen before, in the Historical Photo Poll:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7-a-13178.html

Does anyone know what happend to this beautiful tiara?
When princess Ragnhild dies her jewels, including the tiara, goes back to the crown/queen so we will se it on Mette Marit in many years...
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 07-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophus View Post
When princess Ragnhild dies her jewels, including the tiara, goes back to the crown/queen so we will se it on Mette Marit in many years...

So Harald's sisters didn't inherit their royal jewels from their mother. They only have them on loan?
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 08-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy View Post
So Harald's sisters didn't inherit their royal jewels from their mother. They only have them on loan?
It was King Olav who wanted the few jewels in the norwegian royal house to stay together. However - he gave/lent some fine pieces to his daughters because they acted as first ladies for many years. As none of their children will need great royal jewels in the future it was decided that the jewels should be returned to the crown when the princesses dies.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 08-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 134
Thank you It seems Mette-Marit will get quite a collection to choose from, some day...
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 08-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Larzen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophus View Post
It was King Olav who wanted the few jewels in the norwegian royal house to stay together. However - he gave/lent some fine pieces to his daughters because they acted as first ladies for many years. As none of their children will need great royal jewels in the future it was decided that the jewels should be returned to the crown when the princesses dies.
Really? what is your source for this. AFAIK Princess Astrid has said that she owns the Turqouis parue, I have never heared that the two senior princesses has borrowed jewelleries (except when Astrid was first lady). I think it is an open question if theese will be returned to the main royal brange, I guess it depends on some good will from the familes of the princesses and if HArald/Haakon wants to shell out alot of money to pay for them. I guess what MM will have to choose from is her own and the historic jewellery sonja uses today, Im guesing some of her more modern/private jewellery would go to her daughter maybe, but time will show, all the women in question are still very much alive and breathing there are no foundations like in sweden and the netherlands.
__________________
"Those who do not like you fall into two categories, the stupid and the envious"
-The Libertine
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 08-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen View Post
Really? what is your source for this. AFAIK Princess Astrid has said that she owns the Turqouis parue, I have never heared that the two senior princesses has borrowed jewelleries (except when Astrid was first lady). I think it is an open question if theese will be returned to the main royal brange, I guess it depends on some good will from the familes of the princesses and if HArald/Haakon wants to shell out alot of money to pay for them. I guess what MM will have to choose from is her own and the historic jewellery sonja uses today, Im guesing some of her more modern/private jewellery would go to her daughter maybe, but time will show, all the women in question are still very much alive and breathing there are no foundations like in sweden and the netherlands.
I have no written source but it was told by the guide last summer when I wisited the palace in Oslo and the group stopped by a portrait of Queen Alexandra and the guide told us about her jewels when a guest asked about the jewels in the royal family today...

Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 08-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Larzen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophus View Post
I have no written source but it was told by the guide last summer when I wisited the palace in Oslo and the group stopped by a portrait of Queen Alexandra and the guide told us about her jewels when a guest asked about the jewels in the royal family today...

thank you, I hope the guide was right, It would be a pitty if all those historic jewellery would be sold on the open market
__________________

__________________
"Those who do not like you fall into two categories, the stupid and the envious"
-The Libertine
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jewellery, queen sonja, sonja


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Sonja and King Harald Pictures Her_Majesty King Harald and Queen Sonja 42 06-16-2014 04:45 AM
70th birthday celebrations of Queen Sonja norwegianne King Harald and Queen Sonja 277 07-22-2011 07:35 PM
Queen Sonja working for UNESCO Larzen King Harald and Queen Sonja 2 06-12-2006 10:12 AM
Happy birthday to Queen Sonja ! Anita Royal House of Norway 12 07-05-2005 10:08 AM




Popular Tags
australia best outfit camilla carl philip chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events death denmark duchess of cornwall fashion fashion poll felipe vi france funeral general news germany hereditary grand duchess stéphanie infanta leonor king felipe king felipe vi king harald king philippe king willem-alexander letizia maxima official visit picture of the week president hollande prince carl philip prince charles prince daniel prince frederik prince of wales princess ariane princess beatrice princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mette-marit princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen fabiola queen letizia queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia queen sonja royal royal fashion sofia hellqvist spanish royals state visit sweden the hague victoria wedding willem-alexander


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:00 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015
Jelsoft Enterprises