Queen Sonja Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It goes so well with the Maud pearl tiara! I used to think they are a parure.

Finally she wears Queen Josephine's diamond tiara again! Imo, it's the most beautiful tiara in Sonja's collection, but according to my notes, she hasn't worn it since 2012.:eek: Or did I overlook something? Anyway, Queen Sonja looked great tonight, imho.

The big jewels are out this week and this one thankfully is only worn by the queen,splendid piece!

She used to wear the Josefine tiara regulary but not as often as the emerald tiara. Until today she hasn't worn it for quiet a few years. Glad to see it again.

The Josephine's diamonds :wub: the pendants earrings :wub: the double raw collet :wub:
Hoping for Josephine's diamonds again and again and finally! thank you Sonja!

That bottom link is not working for me?

After Queen Maud's pearl tiara was stolen in 1995, Gerrard's supplied a replacement copy and also included a smaller frame, which Princess Martha Louise wore in her wedding.
I was under the impression that this was novelty and not possible with the original 1896 tiara.
However, I come across this well-known photo from Prince Henrik's 60th birthday in 1994, which suggests the original tiara could also be worn without the large central element.

Are there other examples of the tiara worn in the small setting before 1995?

The Queen Josefina diamond tiara is really so lovely and regal and especially paired with the necklace, earrings and brooch.

It is time to close this thread. You can find the new one here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom