Queen Sofia Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cartier pearl and diamond "loop" tiara , originally belonging to Queen Maria Cristina.
This is an excellent photo as it gives the tiara some depth and sparkle - in some photos it can come out looking quite flat.

This diadem was not made by Cartier. The jeweler who made it is unknown.

Regards!

Live the egg necklace, but would have paired it with a solid colored top....

does anyone have a good photo of sofias necklace when she had dinner with queen silvia?

Not great but the necklace can be seen at least.

Attachments

• fotonoticia_20120420225041_800.jpg
    fotonoticia_20120420225041_800.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 9,915
Its my least favourite of the Spanish Jewels,but I agree I also prefer it without the diamond drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is so elegant and the workmanship really makes for some serious sparkle. I think I would want it sitting out all day so I could just look at it:D

Last edited by a moderator:
The evil eye necklace is really cute and always en vogue. I don't really like the other chain necklace, nor the earrings. They look outdated.

Did Queen Sofia inherit any jewellery from her mother ?

She has a big ruby brooch that belonged to her mother. She has worn it as pendant on a necklace sometimes. And ofcourse the prussian tiara but this was probably a gift as she got it when her mother was still alive.

The most easily recognisable piece is the ruby cabochon pendant/ brooch that Stefan mentioned above. I personally believe that she also inherited some, if not all , of Frederika's cabochon sapphires , and two or three of her large gold bangles - the one with the cabochon rubies, another with amethysts and a plain gold ( but of course this kind of jewellery is such a basic design that I could be wrong. Perhaps there are also other pieces, but since Frederika had the really bad habit of favoring the most regal pieces on her collection even for daytime appearances :D , it is not easy to identify them

And ofcourse the prussian tiara but this was probably a gift as she got it when her mother was still alive.
Yesthat was a wedding gift from Frederika, not inherited after her death. The rest of the diamonds she wore on her wedding ( earrings , and necklace with cross and an alternative pendant) came from her father I believe , and she got a bracelet form her brother and sister , with sapphires and rubies, but I don't know what bracelet that is

Thanks for the information,I must look up the ruby cabochon pendant/ brooch :flowers:

My only hope is the Luxembourg wedding, in case somebody from Spain attends.

I'm lighting candles as we speak :D

My guess is that someone from Spain attends but i have little hope for a white tie Gala-Dinner. Perhaps there will be an incoming State Visit to Spain again next year.

My guess is that someone from Spain attends but i have little hope for a white tie Gala-Dinner. Perhaps there will be an incoming State Visit to Spain again next year.

All of the jewels and gems are packed away until Spain see's better times,I'm not sure if the Luxembourg wedding will be a tiara event but it would be nice .

I did not remember the Mellerio Shell tiara. I think it's a very interesting piece and looks good on both Q Sofia and Letizia.

:previous: .... and I think, this is the most beautiful tiara of Spain....
so taste is different.

I only think, this one does not suite Sofia well - because of her face structure. I´d looove to see this one more often on Letizia, she only has worn it once.
Yes, I really hope for the Benelux Wedding.... but then we also have Letizias mysterious new tiara as well.. whereas I think, we will not see this one for the next years (at least until the Spanish economy is going up again)

Bye Bine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom