The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-16-2006, 06:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...JuAnItA...
I've a doubt: Just the tiaras, bracelets, necklaces and earrings of gala dinners and that, could be share?
The Queen has two types of jewels, which belong to the Spanish Royal Family and those that are of her property as personal gifts. The majority of the jewels that belong to the Royal Family, belonged to the Queen Victoria Eugenia, how for example the most important tiaras, the necklace of big diamonds with its earrings, a necklace of big pearls ... and some pieces more. The " jewels of passing " are a few certain, most valuable pieces, later the Queen has other jewels that belong to her, but it would not be strange that any of her personal jewels also go on in the future to this collection. The jewels of the Family are of the King and later they will pass to the Prince; in this case they pass from wife of King to wife of King ... they cannot go out of this circle ... I imagine that the Infantas will recibe other pieces that are out of these jewels, since the sisters of the King received.

In this forum there are several articles about the topic, because recently one has written a book.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:50 AM
Nobility

Beautiful diamond necklace and matching earrings. It's the same she wore in Rome and Amman. Picture by Farabola Foto, Italy.

Old 10-16-2006, 04:51 PM

(hola.com)
Old 10-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Courtier

Great jewerly that The Queen is wearing it is also beautiful my favorite pctures are those with her wearing those tiaras.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Royal Highness

I think Queen Sofia is the only Queen who will graciously hand down jewels belonging to the crown, to the future queen if she is alive when Felipe will be king. I think Sylvia, Sonja and Maria Theresa will hold on tightly to any jewels they wore before allowing the next Queen\Grand duchess to wear them!
Old 10-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

The jewels that belong to the Spanish Royal Family, do not belong to the Queen Sofia, are of the King Juan Carlos, because of it several members of the family use the same jewels. The Queen Sofia will do with her particular jewels what wants, but on the jewels of the family will give the orders the future Felipe VI. She will be able to continue using them, the Infanta Leonor will use them, but if Letizia is the Queen, she will use the most important pieces. The pieces of the family pass from Queen to Queen.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Royal Highness

Definitly, but history has seen that some Dowager Queens kept for their own use, their favourate peices, even though their daughter- in-law was entitled, to wear them. For instance the mother of the last Tzar( Maria Feodrovna?), The late queen mother had a particularly hard time, and ERII, let her mother hang on to her favourate ones, and so did the late GDuchess Josephine charlotte.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
I think Queen Sofia is the only Queen who will graciously hand down jewels belonging to the crown, to the future queen if she is alive when Felipe will be king. I think Sylvia, Sonja and Maria Theresa will hold on tightly to any jewels they wore before allowing the next Queen\Grand duchess to wear them!
But the swedish Jewels are not owned by the Queen the are owned by the Bernadotte Foundation so i think when Victoria succeeds to the Throne she has the right to use all Tiaras of the Collection, i think if Silvia is still alive then the will share the major Tiaras for Example Victoria wears the Leuchtenberg-Sapphirs and Silvia the Nine-Pronge-Tiara and i think in Norway King Olav V. decided that the major Tiaras (like the Emerald Parure, the Desiree-Tiara and Queen Mauds pearl-Tiara) should always belong to the reigning Monarch so Mette-Marit will probably have any right to use them after Haakon ascends to the Throne.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 11-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Nobility

A better view of the diamond bracelets of Queen Victoria Eugenia, now belonging to Queen Sofia.

Picture from Alpha Press, originally posted by Juanita.
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3...7hi9la9.th.jpg
Old 11-02-2006, 01:44 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

I love this one, (I wonder if she can borrow it to me for my prom)..
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&d=1050007450 Wonderful necklace, and earrings..!
Old 11-02-2006, 04:34 AM
Nobility

I love that necklace too, and it's been quite a long time hidden in the Queen's jewellery case. I think it would look beautiful on Letizia's neck!
By the way, those earrings belonged to Queen Victoria Eugenia as well, the middle diamond seems quite big, and it's sorrounded by smaller diamonds.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:57 PM
Courtier

That is my very favorite piece among the Spanish jewels and I think Letizia would look wonderful wearing it. Sofia really has the regal look to carry off that tiara and necklace set. Thanks!
Old 11-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Aristocracy

Did Queen Sofia inherit any jewels from her mother Queen Fredrerika, that are now part of the SRF collection of jewels?
Old 11-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Royal Highness

She received the Prussian Tiara, from Queen Frederika, but it was a wedding gift i think
Old 11-03-2006, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

About this tiara known as Prussian Diamond Tiara or Diamond Greek Key Tiara.
This tiara originally belonging to Sofia's grandmother, princess Viktoria Luise, daughter of the last German Emperor. The tiara was originally a gift to her grandmother - Viktoria Luise, from het father - German Emperor on her wedding in 1913. When her daughter, princess Frederike, became engaged to King Paul of Greece, she gave this tiara as a present to her daughter. Queen Frederika gave her mother's tiara to her daughter.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:47 AM
Nobility

We've seen the Queen wearing the fabulous diamond necklace of Queen Victoria Eugenie very few times. Here, in London, at the party hosted by the parents of Princess Marie Chantal before her wedding with Prince Pavlos.

Picture originally posted by mtcbm from Hola magazine.
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8554/32zrdc1.th.jpg
Old 12-29-2006, 06:13 AM
Nobility

I wish we could see more of the extraordinary rubby and diamond parure of the Queen.Picture from hola.com http://multimedia.hola.com/biografia...7829-rein5.jpg
Old 01-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Nobility

A lovely diamond and sapphire(?) ring.

Picture courtsey the Bureau of the Royal Household (Thailand) for free distribution.

Available at The Sixtieth Anniversary Celebrations of His Majesty's Accession to the Throne, Bangkok (June 8-13, 2006)
Old 01-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarzuela
A lovely diamond and sapphire(?) ring.Picture courtsey the Bureau of the Royal Household (Thailand)
Available at http://www.palaces.thai.net/king60/
Besides the dark color, if that was a saffire shouldn't be more brilliant?
May be, as you said zarzuela, it can be dark topaz.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:15 AM
Nobility

I would love to see the Queen with this beautiful diamond / pearl tiara once again!

The accesories and the gown are just perfect.

http://www1.vg.no/bildespesial/show/...47&imgId=41636

Tags
jewellery, queen sofia, sofia