The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-24-2006, 02:55 PM
Nobility

Pearl necklace and pearl and diamond brooch and earrings. It's the same brooch she wore at Leonor's baptism. Last pic: A close up view of the ruby and diamond necklace and matching earrings.

Pictures from Farabola Foto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula**
Uau, That tiara looks perfect on her
You are right Paula, this tiara is gorgeous, and the big diamond necklace and earrings aren't bad either. In this picture, at the Danish royal wedding in 2004.

Picture by Farabola Foto.

Old 03-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Royal Highness

Here's some of Queen Sofia in the gala dinner of the last night
(originally posted by lula; source: abacapress)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7&d=1143566032

http://img486.imageshack.us/my.php?image=4785128aj.jpg

Old 03-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Sofia cannot be wearing diamonds and emeralds every day everywhere, so she goes mostly for gifts (my guess evil-eye: given by her sister, who's so into eastern culture ) and simple gold jewelry: practical woman, practical jewels
I agree with you crisiñaki. And also yes, The Queen wears some rather interesting jewellery for private wear but she can certainly carry it off. On some people it would look too fussy.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:27 AM
Nobility

Does anybody has any information about the necklace that the Queen wore in Thailand? I find it a very interesting piece of jewellery.http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/9985/13000152vv.jpg
Old 04-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarzuela
Does anybody has any information about the necklace that the Queen wore in Thailand? I find it a very interesting piece of jewellery..jpg
I may be wrong but it looks like the collar that goes with the Thai order she's wearing. I remember Queen Beatrix wearing something too similar for it to be a necklace(?).
Old 04-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Sorry for my question, but why Spanish Ladies wore only four tiaras? What has happened with tiaras which were wore by Queens Isabela or Ena?
Old 04-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Sorry for my question, but why Spanish Ladies wore only four tiaras? What has happened with tiaras which were wore by Queens Isabela or Ena?
The Spanish Royal Family was in exile, some jewels lost itself, others insisted and others were distributed between the members of the family. The Queen only have five tiaras (Flower of Lys, Cartier, Melleiro, Flowers and the tiara of her weeding).

If you refer that use few some tiaras, possibly it is because that of Cartier and that of the Flower of Lys are big. And the Melleiro, it is simple and beautiful, probably have some problem and because of it they do not use it very much. Though the Queen has used them in some occasions.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Few pieces of Isabela II, Maria Christine and Victoria Eugenia:
http://www.royal-magazin.de/spain/pa...ds-cartier.htm
http://www.royal-magazin.de/spain/em...-ena-spain.htm
http://www.royal-magazin.de/spain/ma...-stomacher.htm
Old 05-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Nobility

These pearl earrings and necklace were very appropiate for the private dinner on the ocassion of the Swedish's king birthday.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Nobility

A close up view of the diamond necklace the Queen wore in the gala dinner in Jordan. I always thought there was a bracelet attached to the necklace, but from the close up view you can see that it is not a bracelet but it is part of the necklace itself. Pictures from Hola.

Old 05-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Actually the Queen owns five tiaras, and you will see the Princess of Asturias and the Infantas wearing them. Let's not forget about the tiara that Infanta Elena got as a gift on her wedding with the Duke of Lugo from Jaime's family so in total there are six tiaras that the Spanish Royal Family owns.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:31 PM
Aristocracy

It's quite amazing that Spain spent centuries plundering the treasures of the New World and there are only six tiaras in circulation among the Spanish royals! Why so few?
Old 05-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreDoc
It's quite amazing that Spain spent centuries plundering the treasures of the New World and there are only six tiaras in circulation among the Spanish royals! Why so few?
The most simple answer would be that the other tiaras and jewels dissapeared in the aftermath of the Spanish Civil War that sent the Royal Family into exile.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Nobility

I wonder why the Queen almost never wears the Fleur de Lys tiara, because I really like it. She would look even more elegant wearing this tiara and the Russian diamond necklace that originally belonged to Queen Ena. So many nice diamonds! Photo from Corbis.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Nobility

Picture from ANB.

I'm so happy that the Queen decided to wear this fabulous tiara for the Norwegian gala after so many years of being "hidden" in a jewellery box... it's just beautiful!

Old 06-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Courtier

I read in another site that the tiara QSofia used at the norwegian gala dinner actually belong to one Infanta Pila? Is that correct?

I don't recall QSofia using this tiara in the last few year and it's beautiful tiara - if it's her, she shld use it more often!
Old 06-07-2006, 12:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza
I read in another site that the tiara QSofia used at the norwegian gala dinner actually belong to one Infanta Pila? Is that correct?

I don't recall QSofia using this tiara in the last few year and it's beautiful tiara - if it's her, she shld use it more often!
yes, that tiara belongs to Infanta Pilar, the King's eldest sister who inherited it from her late mother the Countess of Barcelona, it originally belonged to Queen Maria Cristina (mother and regent for Alfonso XIII, the King's Grandfather) and it's the same tiara Pilar and her daughter Simoneta wore on their wedding days:

Source: hola, originally posted by mtbcm

This is Simoneta on her wedding day in 1990
Old 06-07-2006, 02:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarzuela
I wonder why the Queen almost never wears the Fleur de Lys tiara, because I really like it. She would look even more elegant wearing this tiara and the Russian diamond necklace that originally belonged to Queen Ena. So many nice diamonds
She probably doesn't wear it much because it's probably very heavy, it looks heavy anyways. It's right up there with sone of the biggest tiaras I have ever seen.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen in Norway

From brunopress

Old 06-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Nobility

Is this a larger version of the same pearl necklace?

First picture from http://www.side2.no/kjendis/article6...slide=17#slide and second from Terra.

Tags
jewellery, queen sofia, sofia