Queen Sofia Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Niarchos rubies are gorgeous but the tiara in its current form does nothing for me.

It is lovely to see the set again but I prefer it with the two rows as well, as Queen Sofia has worn it in the past. The velvet base of the tiara does not look very elegant either.

Pity there's no matching Ruby brooch for the order!

How lovely to see the sapphires again. They haven't been worn in public for years.

I wish that someone would put the Niarchos rubies necklace on a frame and make it a tiara like Princess Victoria's tiara from Princess Lillian. The double rows would make a stunning larger piece for the hair. The single row could be a bracelet or choker perhaps.

The bandeau made with the Niarchos rubies needs to go. The velvet base is terrible (as it was during the France SV) and I’d be sad if Sofia had not access to larger tiaras like the Mellerio Floral or even the Cartier Pearl and Diamond Tiara.

I wish that someone would put the Niarchos rubies necklace on a frame and make it a tiara like Princess Victoria's tiara from Princess Lillian. The double rows would make a stunning larger piece for the hair. The single row could be a bracelet or choker perhaps.

I 100% agree, if they want a ruby tiara go for the necklace and use the current "tiara" as a bracelet. It just looks so poorly done IMO.

I 100% agree, if they want a ruby tiara go for the necklace and use the current "tiara" as a bracelet. It just looks so poorly done IMO.

Even more so as queen Sofia had worn once 2 rows of the necklace as a double row tiara in the 1980's.

I think Queen Sofia will leave the rubies for one of her daughters, probably Cristina since Elena already owns her wedding tiara and kept it after her divorce.

Last edited:
I think Queen Sofia will leave the rubies for one of her daughters, probably Cristina since Elena already owns her wedding tiara and kept it after her divorce.

That is a possibility, but I hope the jewellery, barring a few personal pieces, remains in the main line where it will get used from time to time.

The Rubies are one of the finest pieces in the Spanish and pray to God they are kept in the main line for a future queen who appreciates jewellery.

Elena or Cristina will have no need for such exquisite jewels.

The jewels worn by Queen Sofia show that the finest private jewels are with Queen Sofia.

Last edited:
The private jewels of Queen Sofia : the Prussian tiara , the ruby parrure and the Franco tiara ? wil remain for her daughters and grandchildren. They will be worn by future wifes of her grandsons for their Weddings.
Elena kept the M. tiara but Christina has none .

The private jewels of Queen Sofia : the Prussian tiara , the ruby parrure and the Franco tiara ? wil remain for her daughters and grandchildren. They will be worn by future wifes of her grandsons for their Weddings.

And the Shell Tiara, I believe...

And the Shell Tiara, I believe...

I do hope that is not the case. I hope the bulk of the jewellery, especially the tiaras, stay with the main line where they will be put to use. I am sure the girls can receive suitable financial settlements, as well as some jewellery that is personal to Sofia.

It's time to close this thread. You can find a new one here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom