The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-04-2015, 03:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Its The Mellerio Shell Tiara that belonged to Infanta Isabella of Spain,Countess of Girgenti (daughter of Isabella II of Spain)
Thanks An Ard Ri for the information. I know little about the tiaras . Intensive courses have to do.

Old 07-04-2015, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Mellerio Shell Tiara is my least favourite Spanish tiara,I think Queen Sofia has some far more impressive pieces in her collection.

Loop Tiara

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007...a-sofia-2b.jpg

Fleur de Lys Tiara

http://estaticos.telva.com/albumes/2..._albumes_0.jpg

Cartier Tiara
http://www.diariovasco.com/RC/201210...A--300x500.jpg

Old 07-04-2015, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent

The Fleur de Lys Tiara is imperial tiara my god.
I think Letizia wore very often the floral tiara (i hope that is the name of the tiara i have my mind ) but she has so impressive tiaras.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The 2 tiaras most worn by Letizia are the floral tiara and the Prussian Diamond tiara,now that Letizia has her own tiara she may no longer borrow tiaras from her mother in law.

Prussian Diamond tiara

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Fh1Gw_evZO...600/_Sofia.jpg
Old 07-04-2015, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Both the Cartier pearl tiara and the fleur-de-lys tiara originate from Queen Ena. The Loop tiara is even older, it once belonged to Queen Maria Christina. Btw, it is also from Cartier. They are a very beautiful and impressive tiara trio and I'd love to see them worn more often.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Both the Cartier pearl tiara and the fleur-de-lys tiara originate from Queen Ena. The Loop tiara is even older, it once belonged to Queen Maria Christina. Btw, it is also from Cartier. They are a very beautiful and impressive tiara trio and I'd love to see them worn more often.
It would be interesting to see how and when Letizia expands the usage of the tiaras. Noteworthy that most of the tiaras, bar the large F-d-L tiara and the new tiara that Letizia first used in Denmark earlier this year, are owned by Sofia privately.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Can anyone identify what brooch a very young Sofia is wearing in this photo?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...43f14de1f9.jpg
Old 07-16-2015, 09:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Great pic. Love those glamourous days!!!!
Old 07-16-2015, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It would be interesting to see how and when Letizia expands the usage of the tiaras. Noteworthy that most of the tiaras, bar the large F-d-L tiara and the new tiara that Letizia first used in Denmark earlier this year, are owned by Sofia privately.
I don't believe that Queen Sofia would mind loaning the tiaras to the new Queen. I think it is more Queen Letizia who doesn't like wearing big jewels.

Old 07-16-2015, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

That's true,Letizia's taste in jewelry is minimal and almost puritan,plus some of the bigger Spanish tiaras might not suit Letizia's petite features.I've lways thought that the floral tiara and Diamond Prussian tiara really suited Letizia,though I believe the Prussian tiara is owned by Queen Sofia.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, the Prussian tiara is owned by Queen Sofia, it was a gift from her parents. But she also owns the floral tiara (wedding gift from Franco) and the Mellerio shell tiara (wedding gift from her new in-laws). I don't know if the ownership of the floral tiara has passed on to Felipe and Letizia or if it is still Sofia's. It probably doesn't matter much as long as the new Queen can wear it.

Old 07-16-2015, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Queen Sofia wearing the Prussian Diamond Tiara which I do quite like.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Fh1Gw_evZO...600/_Sofia.jpg
Old 07-18-2015, 07:22 AM
Heir Apparent

There is even a small chance to leave Sofia some of the tiaras she owned to her daughters?
Old 07-18-2015, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I don't think that the current Spanish tiara collection will be broken up and besides Infanta Elena has her own tiara the diamond Marichalar Tiara.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:10 AM
Heir Apparent

And after the divorce Elena keept this tiara?
Old 07-18-2015, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

I agree, that they would want to keep the tiaras with the current and future monarchs. If Christina should ever need a tiara again, she can still borrow from her mother or brother. Seeing her current economic situation she would probably have to sell a tiara anyway. It would be better if she inherited money or assets of less historical value.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
And after the divorce Elena keept this tiara?
Yes, she kept it. The tiara was a wedding gift to her and she owns it. And when she leaves the tiara to her children it will stay in the family anyway.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I agree, that they would want to keep the tiaras with the current and future monarchs. If Christina should ever need a tiara again, she can still borrow from her mother or brother. Seeing her current economic situation she would probably have to sell a tiara anyway. It would be better if she inherited money or assets of less historical value.
I agree me too. The only sure thing is that when you inherit a tiara to not current monarch the tiara with the years would be lost.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Spanish jewel collection was greatly depleted during the families exile after 1931,Queen Ena gave some away to her daughters and other great jewels including tiaras were sold off.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quite right, and they are even lucky that some tiaras are still there. The floral tiara e.g. originates from Queen Maria Cristina and was sold off at one point. It was only by good luck that Franco had the chance to buy it later and give it as a wedding present.

And when Queen Ena gave some tiaras to her daughters she knew that they would have occasions to wear them. But these days that's no longer the case. We don't know if Elena and Cristina will attend more tiara events. It makes more sense to leave the tiaras to those descendants who still will have certain tiara events.

Tags
jewellery, queen sofia, sofia