Queen Sofia Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The long diamond riviere towards with diamond earrings belongs to Fleur de Lys parure. As I remember this piece was worn by QS only twice (at Danish wedding & Pavlos of Greece pre wedding gala).
As I know there is only one big pearl necklace which Queen Sofia sometimes "pins" under her hairdoo to make it shorter (you can see this trick at some photos). It was given to her by countess of Barcelona who had inherited four row big pearl necklace from Q Ena and than remodeled it to single necklaces and shared between Q Sofia, infanta Pilar, infanta Margarita and herself (later inherited by infanta Elena).
The emerald demi parure was an anniversary gift from King JC and besides necklace it consists of bracelet and earrings.
The ruby necklace comes from countess of Bracelona demi parure, there are also bracelet, two brooches, earrings and two clasps (worn by Letizia at Fred&Mary wedding).
Unfortunatelly I don't know anything about other necklaces you asked.

Queen Sofia looks so pretty and she pulled out the big guns of her jewels!

One of the most exquisite pieces in the Spanish Royal collection,was really nice to see being worn again after a few years in the vaults.

She has worn all the pieces that have to "pass" from one queen of Spain to the next one: the Fleur de Lys Tiara, the long necklace, the earrings, the Fleur de Lys brooch and the "twins" bracelets (sorry, I don´t know if they have specific English names) ;)

She looks INCREDIBLE on her last Gala dinner. Her "reign" couldn´t have ended with a more memorable photo. I´m kinda sad imagining her putting on all the jewels and looking at herself in a mirror thinking: "this is the last time I wear the Tiara of the Queen of Spain" :sad:

Now, all these jewells will be Letizia´s property. But I think no one will never wear them like Sofia has done :)

She has worn all the pieces that have to "pass" from one queen of Spain to the next one: the Fleur de Lys Tiara, the long necklace, the earrings, the Fleur de Lys brooch and the "twins" bracelets (sorry, I don´t know if they have specific English names) ;)

She looks INCREDIBLE on her last Gala dinner. Her "reign" couldn´t have ended with a more memorable photo. I´m kinda sad imagining her putting on all the jewels and looking at herself in a mirror thinking: "this is the last time I wear the Tiara of the Queen of Spain" :sad:

Now, all these jewells will be Letizia´s property. But I think no one will never wear them like Sofia has done :)

Well said ,and sadly given the fact that Letizia doesn't really wear any jewelry we might not see these jewels for a long time.

For me it came across as a strong message - Im the rightful Queen of the Spain and will be until the King dies, Sofia is not the kind of royal to support abdiction at all and is being forced into the awkward position by her husband.

Great last 'Queen' appearance in terms of jewellery - she can wear the regal statement pieces so well

For me it came across as a strong message - Im the rightful Queen of the Spain and will be until the King dies, Sofia is not the kind of royal to support abdiction at all and is being forced into the awkward position by her husband.

Great last 'Queen' appearance in terms of jewellery - she can wear the regal statement pieces so well

Fully agree, what a statement appearance from Sofia!!! I doubt we will see Let zia in this tiara any time soon, if only for the reason that it would be completely overpowering her head.

To me, I saw sadness not aggressive statement. I always liked Sofia and felt so sorry for her miserable marriage. She seemed to have so much love to give and had to settle for expressing it to children and country. Now I truly believe she will become the best grandmother possible. She looked lovely and will always look that way. I believe Spanish history will be changed by this woman in some great way in future because of her strength and morals. Her husband's last years of sandals will be overshadowed by this lovely woman's deeds.

Queen Sophia wore a lovely ruby and diamond pendant today, attached to her pearl necklace. Is there any information relating to its provenance?

Sofia looks amazing today. I love her gorgeous pendant and those gorgeous pearls.

Tiaras Queen Sofia wore at royal weddings:

Haakon and Mette Marit: 1

Frederik and Mary: 1

Victoria and Daniel: 1

I truly believe that some of Sofia's tiaras are going to be just too massive on Letizia's slight looks. They will over-whelm her. Some even looked too much on Sofia and she has a wider/fuller face.

Sofia's jewels at Frederik and Mary's wedding:

1 2 3 4

These jewels are so breathtaking. Especially the tiara. The earrings, diamond bracelets, and necklace are just as stunning as the tiara. I love the size of the diamonds of the earrings and necklace. I would love closeups of those rings.

Didn't the diamond necklace and bracelets belong to Queen Ena?

Tiaras Queen Sofia wore at royal weddings:

Haakon and Mette Marit: 1

Frederik and Mary: 1

Victoria and Daniel: 1

What a beautiful tiara wore Sofia at the wedding of Victoria. I never see this tiara before. Can tell me someone about this tiara?

Its The Mellerio Shell Tiara that belonged to Infanta Isabella of Spain,Countess of Girgenti (daughter of Isabella II of Spain)

Thanks An Ard Ri for the information. I know little about the tiaras . Intensive courses have to do.:)

The Fleur de Lys Tiara is imperial tiara my god.:)
I think Letizia wore very often the floral tiara (i hope that is the name of the tiara i have my mind ) but she has so impressive tiaras.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a beautiful tiara wore Sofia at the wedding of Victoria. I never see this tiara before. Can tell me someone about this tiara?

Its The Mellerio Shell Tiara that belonged to Infanta Isabella of Spain,Countess of Girgenti (daughter of Isabella II of Spain)

Last edited:
I love how Sofia combined the Mellerio shell tiara with the diamond shell pendant. Does anyone know more about the little pentant? I just noticed that the pendant hangs slightly off-center. The necklace has pearls in graduating size, so the pendant has to hang on one side of the larges pearl.

Did Queen Sofia inherit the diamond and pearl pendant from her late mother in law?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom