Queen Silvia Jewels 3: Jan 2016 - Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its really a tiara fit for a queen and likewise reserved solely for the queen.

At the nobel prizes, Silvia is wearing the nine prong tiara.

The emerald necklace is gorgeous, but the nine prongs tiara bores me to bits. Besides, she already wore it last year.

The emerald necklace is gorgeous, but the nine prongs tiara bores me to bits. Besides, she already wore it last year.
Yes it is disappointg that she wore again the Pronge tiara. But is her favourite like the Girls are for Queen Elizabgeth II. if she broke her pattern she could have broke it entire and wear a different tiara for the Nobels again after alternating between the Pronge tiara and the sapphires the last 10 years.

Too much green, she should have left the emeralds home and take a diamond necklace instead.

Too much green, she should have left the emeralds home and take a diamond necklace instead.

Actually not more green then when Victoria wore the necklace at the italian State Visit. And the shade of green in Silvia's gown matches the emeralds better then the neon green in Victoria's gown.

Actually not more green then when Victoria wore the necklace at the italian State Visit. And the shade of green in Silvia's gown matches the emeralds better then the neon green in Victoria's gown.

The impression is that there is much more green for queen Silvia, because the emeralds are so close to the fabric of her gown. There is too much everything at the top part of her gown. When Victoria wore the emeralds at the Italian state visit, they looked much better because there was bare skin around them.
If queen would have worn a simple diamond necklace, I would have liked it much better.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

I think it is the shade of green or the skin tone that makes the difference. When Victoria wore them last they glowed but on Silvia, the colour has been sucked out and they sort of laid there and looked dull and lifeless.

I think it is the shade of green or the skin tone that makes the difference. When Victoria wore them last they glowed but on Silvia, the colour has been sucked out and they sort of laid there and looked dull and lifeless.
I think it may be the lighting that is making the pictures look a little dull.

Must be the lighting. If one compare the dress worn by Victoria to the time it was worn by her mother there's a big difference in colour.

^^^ WOW when we the last time she wore the Baden Fringe?

Queen Silvia's tiara appearances of 2018:

1 2 3 4 5 6

Queen Silvia's Tiaras | The Court Jeweller

I love all of these tiara expect the nine prong tiara, the cut steel tiara, and the six button tiara. All in all, she has a wonderful collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Baden Fringe Tiara is one I associate with Crown Princess Victoria or Princess Christina had forgotten that the queen too wears it from time to time.

The Baden Fringe Tiara is one I associate with Crown Princess Victoria or Princess Christina had forgotten that the queen too wears it from time to time.

Seldom does Queen Silva wear this tiara. And yes, when I see this tiara, I associate it with CP Victoria. It's definitely CP Victoria's signature tiara.

If my count is correct, Silvia hasn't worn this tiara from 2001 (State Visit to Russia) till 2016 (Return Banquet in Germany). And this is now the third time that Queen Silvia wears the Baden fringe within the past three years. It seems that she has rediscovered it for herself. Curiously, Victoria started wearing the Baden fringe in 2001, if I'm not mistaken (Wedding of Hakon and Mette-Marit). Maybe the Queen left it exclusively to Victoria for a couple of years. And now that Victoria has the laurel tiara to herself and wears so many other tiaras from the collection, Silvia returns to wearing the fringe. But in any way, the fringe looked great on Silvia, and it's such a nice change from the constantly worn five prongs tiara.

If my count is correct, Silvia hasn't worn this tiara from 2001 (State Visit to Russia) till 2016 (Return Banquet in Germany). And this is now the third time that Queen Silvia wears the Baden fringe within the past three years. It seems that she has rediscovered it for herself. Curiously, Victoria started wearing the Baden fringe in 2001, if I'm not mistaken (Wedding of Hakon and Mette-Marit). Maybe the Queen left it exclusively to Victoria for a couple of years. And now that Victoria has the laurel tiara to herself and wears so many other tiaras from the collection, Silvia returns to wearing the fringe. But in any way, the fringe looked great on Silvia, and it's such a nice change from the constantly worn five prongs tiara.

Agree!! It looks really nice on Silvia!!! :flowers:

I sincerely hope that queen Silvia would follow the tradition which is written at the court website on the article of the wedding of crown prince Gustaf and Victoria av Baden
"In the gift of their parents, the young bride had received a necklace of 47 brilliant-cut diamonds. This piece of jewelry could also be compiled into a diadem, the so-called stråldiademet (Baden Fringe Tiara). Queen Victoria wore it often, and it is a tradition that this particular is tiara worn by Sweden's Crown Princess. Crown Princess Victoria has carried over the tradition and wears stråldiademet often."
Kronprins Gustaf (blivande Gustaf V) och Prinsessan Victoria av Baden - Sveriges Kungahus

According to Göran Alm, Queen Victoria wrote in her will, that the diadem should primarily be worn by the crown princess of the country. Alm writes this at one of his books.

Last edited:
The Queen looks regal and majestic in the Baden Fringe Tiara. Especially with that hairstyle :) I don't have anything against seeing Silvia and Victoria sharing it from now on :) Princess Lilian wore it a lot too even since Victoria came of age :)

Queen Silvia's jewellery today
https://files.svenskdam.se/uploads/fly-images/229911/silv5-1960x1030-c.jpg

Svensk Damtidning's article about queen Silvia's tiaras and jewellery
Se bilderna! Allt om drottning Silvias juveler _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

The necklace queen Silvia wore this week:
She has had it for instance at the Polar Music Prize in 2008.

Lilian seems to have worn the same necklace and earrings in 2000 on her 85th birthday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, it really is Christmas! The brooch is a work of art and her black pearl necklace with its one central enormous creamy white pearl echoed by her stunning single pearl and diamond earrings which seem on a par with Elizabeth's pearl and diamond earrings are absolutely luscious.

Well spotted its a gorgeous piece and obviously has sentiment having belonged to the late Duchess of Halland.

The necklace queen Silvia wore this week:
She has had it for instance at the Polar Music Prize in 2008.

Lilian seems to have worn the same necklace and earrings in 2000 on her 85th birthday.
According to newspaper reports at the time Lilian left Silvia a pearl necklace with rubies, emeralds and sapphires.
Could it be this one? I'm really bad at recognising different stones.

Correction - It wasn't that necklace.

Last edited:
According to newspaper reports at the time Lilian left Silvia a pearl necklace with rubies, emeralds and sapphires.

Isnt't that the scarab necklace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom