Queen Silvia Jewels 3: Jan 2016 - Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm delighted to see the cameo parure once again. It's the first appearance since Victoria's and Daniel's wedding. The pearl earring fit very well with the rest of the parure, imo.

I'm delighted to see the cameo parure once again. It's the first appearance since Victoria's and Daniel's wedding. The pearl earring fit very well with the rest of the parure, imo.

If I am not mistaken, the cameo taira was used earlier this year when the King and Queen of Spain were in Stockholm on a state visit.

If I am not mistaken, the cameo taira was used earlier this year when the King and Queen of Spain were in Stockholm on a state visit.

In November last year. And that was the first time the tiara was worn again since CP Victoria's Wedding and the first time since about 2008 that the Queen has worn it.

Oops, I got so used to not seeing the cameo tiara that I forgot it was worn fairly recently.

I love this tiara! Is one of my favorite!!

Was the Edward VII Ruby Tiara originally from England?

I hate that ruby tiara, it badly needs two more elements added, one at either side, to balance it out. It also needs put on a base that fans it out across the head. It would be lovely if they did both of those things with it but as it is now I think it's awful which is a pity as it's the only ruby one they have.

I hate that ruby tiara, it badly needs two more elements added, one at either side, to balance it out. It also needs put on a base that fans it out across the head. It would be lovely if they did both of those things with it but as it is now I think it's awful which is a pity as it's the only ruby one they have.

Useful suggestions.

A more substantial base would be nice, but Silvia always seems quite reluctant to make any meaningful changes to historic jewels. Her changes to the amethyst necklace to convert to a tiara are reversible as well.

I also think the SRF could do with a substantial ruby and diamond demi-parure to compliment the tiara.

I love her earrings! but this tiara is not is my favorite!

Useful suggestions.

A more substantial base would be nice, but Silvia always seems quite reluctant to make any meaningful changes to historic jewels. Her changes to the amethyst necklace to convert to a tiara are reversible as well.

I also think the SRF could do with a substantial ruby and diamond demi-parure to compliment the tiara.
Many of the heirloom jewels aren't the private property of the Royal family, but belong to different foundations which I assume prevents them from doing any significant alterations. That said you're correct in that we rarely see any permanent alterations even to those heirlooms that are their personal property.

Afaik, the ruby tiara must be personal property of the King, as he bought it from his cousin count Michael Bernadotte. We never heard that the tiara was added to the Bernadotte Foundation. Anyways, making a second, wider frame for the tiara wouldn't change the jewel at all. Additional piece could be added to the sides without permanently attaching them to the jewel, so the historical design wouldn't be touched.

Also, Countess Marianne has worn the tiara in a different way, lower around the head. It looks like the frame was more open back then. Once she even wore it tilted back with the tiara curving around the head like a headband. So the frame must be either flexible, or there is a second frame to it. And that suggests, that Queen Silvia prefers the rather narrow diameter of the tiara nestled on the top of her head.

Many of the heirloom jewels aren't the private property of the Royal family, but belong to different foundations which I assume prevents them from doing any significant alterations. That said you're correct in that we rarely see any permanent alterations even to those heirlooms that are their personal property.

Is it known who hold the shares on this foundations? For example in the Netherlands most of the historic Jewels are also in a foundation and Queen Máxima has made some Changes but then i think most are revisible.

And it is said that the Shareholders are the descendants of Queen Juliana.

Afaik, the ruby tiara must be personal property of the King, as he bought it from his cousin count Michael Bernadotte. We never heard that the tiara was added to the Bernadotte Foundation. Anyways, making a second, wider frame for the tiara wouldn't change the jewel at all. Additional piece could be added to the sides without permanently attaching them to the jewel, so the historical design wouldn't be touched.

Also, Countess Marianne has worn the tiara in a different way, lower around the head. It looks like the frame was more open back then. Once she even wore it tilted back with the tiara curving around the head like a headband. So the frame must be either flexible, or there is a second frame to it. And that suggests, that Queen Silvia prefers the rather narrow diameter of the tiara nestled on the top of her head.

So it can be put onto more than one frame then? A more open frame is what I was suggesting and I agree that two more elements could be added to the sides of the tiara without permenantly altering the existing jewel. It would be beautiful and much more substantial looking with those kind of adjustments.

So it can be put onto more than one frame then? A more open frame is what I was suggesting and I agree that two more elements could be added to the sides of the tiara without permenantly altering the existing jewel. It would be beautiful and much more substantial looking with those kind of adjustments.
I don't know about a second frame, it's only that I suppose that the tiara can be worn in a wider version. If you look at the pictures of Countess Marianne on this blog https://www.tiara-mania.com/2014/02/edward-vii-ruby-tiara.html you see how she wore it like a headband. Another possibility is that maybe the frame is even flexible and can be adjusted to the wearer's head? But then it puzzles me, that Queen Silvia prefers to wear it the way she does. I wish I knew. :sad:

I don't know about a second frame, it's only that I suppose that the tiara can be worn in a wider version. If you look at the pictures of Countess Marianne on this blog https://www.tiara-mania.com/2014/02/edward-vii-ruby-tiara.html you see how she wore it like a headband. Another possibility is that maybe the frame is even flexible and can be adjusted to the wearer's head? But then it puzzles me, that Queen Silvia prefers to wear it the way she does. I wish I knew. :sad:

Those pictures show that the base is flexible so it could definitely be worn in a more fanned out way. I LOVE it with the ruby and diamond base, which I've never seen before, and I am amazed it's not always worn with that attached as it improves it so much. This tiara could be great and I'm surprised Silvia hasn't worn it better as she usually wears her jewels so well.

:previous: I'm not sure about the picture with the bracelet on the base. It looks rather photo-shopped to me. So I don't know if that is really an option to wear it like this.

What i think is the problem with the ruby tiara that the 3 flower/heart elements are too high and there are to few of them. perhaps Queen Silvia should try to wear it a bit more backwards such as Countess Sonja.

:previous: I'm not sure about the picture with the bracelet on the base. It looks rather photo-shopped to me. So I don't know if that is really an option to wear it like this.

I don't think it looks Photoshopped I have to say.

What i think is the problem with the ruby tiara that the 3 flower/heart elements are too high and there are to few of them. perhaps Queen Silvia should try to wear it a bit more backwards such as Countess Sonja.

I agree if the tiara was worn tilting backwards a little bit, it might look better.

Those pictures show that the base is flexible so it could definitely be worn in a more fanned out way. I LOVE it with the ruby and diamond base, which I've never seen before, and I am amazed it's not always worn with that attached as it improves it so much.

I do not think the ruby and diamond bracelet that was shown in the pictures as a base exists in the SRF collection. Perhaps just a diamond base, as Victoria often uses with various tiaras, could be used with the tiara.

I do not think the ruby and diamond bracelet that was shown in the pictures as a base exists in the SRF collection. Perhaps just a diamond base, as Victoria often uses with various tiaras, could be used with the tiara.

The ruby and diamond bracelet is also used to allow the tiara to be worn as a necklace and Queen Silvia has worn it like that so yes, the family do have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom