Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that she has used the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara and earrings during recent state visits to Finland. As there will likely be a new state visit to Finland this fall it will be interesting to see if she uses it again. Don't think she'll use that Tiara to both the wedding and a state visit.

She appears to have only used the Nine-Prong or the Leuchtenberg sapphires for Finnish visits. If she uses the Leuchtenberg at the wedding, it may be the Nine-Prong tiara that gets used.

She appears to have only used the Nine-Prong or the Leuchtenberg sapphires for Finnish visits. If she uses the Leuchtenberg at the wedding, it may be the Nine-Prong tiara that gets used.

She used the Connaught several times and the Amethyst once. If there is a Finnish visit this year, I'd expect either the Nine Prong or the Connaught. She likes those the best.

I think i have seen Silvia with one of the large button pendent on a diamond reviere.
Does anyone know when this was?

Here are a few photos of Silvia wearing Queen Josephine's necklace:

1 2

She seems to rarely wear this necklace, which is too bad as it's so stunning.

Last edited:
Here are the tiaras Queen Silvia wore to royal weddings and celebrations:

Joachim and Alexandra: 1 2

Haakon and Mette Marit: 1

Frederik and Mary: 1

Victoria and Daniel: 1

Albert and Charlene: 1

Guillaume and Stephanie: 1

Madeleine and Chris: 1

Too bad she always wears the Nine Prong tiara at royal weddings. I would love if she wore the sapphire, the Connaught , and the Baden Fringe tiaras at royal weddings. I understand why she never wears the Cameo tiara at the weddings.

Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-

Here are the tiaras Queen Silvia wore to royal weddings and celebrations:

Joachim and Alexandra: 1 2

Haakon and Mette Marit: 1

Frederik and Mary: 1

Victoria and Daniel: 1

Albert and Charlene: 1

Guillaume and Stephanie: 1

Madeleine and Chris: 1

Too bad she always wears the Nine Prong tiara at royal weddings. I would love if she wore the sapphire, the Connaught , and the Baden Fringe tiaras at royal weddings. I understand why she never wears the Cameo tiara at the weddings.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Nine prong Tiara or Queen Sofias diamond tiara as we say in Sweden will be known as Queen Silvias Diamond Tiara after her life. It is by huge margin her favourite tiara. For the same reason we call the Connaught Tiara as Princess Sibyllas Tiara as she wore it to almost every tiara occasion.
I won't be surprised if she wears the Nine prong at her sons wedding too. It is her "baby" and i have to say that i like it. Would love to see her compare it with the emerald demi parure more often.

It does have a deer/stag look to it though, sparkley as it is. It would be lovely on Game of Thrones for the Queen of House Baratheon (stag sigil and antlered crown).

I just love how the sapphire tiara sparkles:

1 2 3

It truly is a magnificent tiara.

Last edited:
:previous:Great pieces! I hope to see Silvia display those fantastic earrings more often!

Queen Silvia wore the Connaught tiara tonight:

Pic 2

Always great to see this stunning tiara.

Last edited:
And princess Lilians wedding bow brosch
The first time sinne lilian wore it

Queen Silvia has not worn the Nine Prong tiara since March 2014 I believe. I am surprised she has not worn the tiara for that long. I wonder why.

:previous: Shhh, we're really, truly, absolutely not missing the pronger, so don't give her any cause to dust it off. :ermm:

:previous: Shhh, we're really, truly, absolutely not missing the pronger, so don't give her any cause to dust it off. :ermm:

Trust me, I'm not complaining. Let's enjoy the absence of the tiara for as long as it lasts. :D

Hahaha why that hate towards it ? I like it. Anyway there will be lots of tiara events this year so i would be very surprised if we woudln't see it at all

I don't mind the pronger once in a while, but it gets way too much use! So I'm glad that Queen Silvia wore the Connaught again, it's amoung my favourites.

Queen Silvia's jewellery at state visits between Sweden and Finland
President Koivisto's state visit to Sweden 1982
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

I would love if Silvia wore the amethyst tiara at the upcoming visit to Finland. I think the last time she wore the tiara was in January 2011.

Several photos of her amazing jewels:

Birthday Jewels: Queen Silvia of Sweden | The Court Jeweller

The Queen truly has one of the best royal collection of jewels. Her jewels are regal, magnificent, and incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed that Silvia did not wear the Cameo earrings on her wedding day. It appears she is wearing a simple pair of pearl earrings. They are lovely but I would have loved if she wore the cameo earrings.

Queen Silvia wore the Nine Prong tiara for the first time after a year. It was great while it lasted. :whistling:

Queen Silvia wore the Nine Prong tiara for the first time after a year. It was great while it lasted. :whistling:

I find it easy to like the 9 prong from 15-20 feet away. It does make a regal statement from that far away. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom