Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To the best of my knowledge, last night was actually the first time that Queen Silvia wore the Connaught tiara with her own contemporary fringe tiara-necklace, a combination which worked very well.
Interesting view with the side lighting bringing out the structure of the necklace:

Photobank CTK

Silvia has more often a loser tiara hair style.

and she also wore the diamond flower earings

Absolutely beautiful; the Connaught is one of her lighter, more delicate tiaras.

Last edited:
Those Swedish tiaras are just big.

Looking good with the dress.

Yes, the mighty Leuchtenberg Sapphire tiara. That is one gorgeous wall of diamonds and sapphires. And the rest of the parure is magnificent as well. I wonder if she's wearing the sapphire hairpins.

Yes, the mighty Leuchtenberg Sapphire tiara. That is one gorgeous wall of diamonds and sapphires. And the rest of the parure is magnificent as well. I wonder if she's wearing the sapphire hairpins.
Here's a nice back view of Queen Silvia from tonight - she doesn't wear the hair pins from the parure, but a beautiful tiara hairdo:

Photobank CTK

Thank you for the link, Boris. What this lady does for tiara hair is what a sculptor creates from marble. Maybe a bit OTT with the compliments, but Silvia understands the principle that in order to display a magnificent tiara to full effect, one must have the proper hairstyle to showcase it.

The Sapphire royal jewels are just lovely on Queen Silvia. I just wish her gown had been a few shades darker blue to compliment the jewels better.

Queen Silvia is probably the only Queen that matches perfectly the fairy-tale view we have of a royal lady with the majestic of her title. It's a delightful mix between the romantic side of royalty from the past and the State image a Queen must have.

Just look how she wore in pure perfection the collar of the Order of the Elephant. One gets the idea HM always take care every detail of her image.

Thanks for this clear photo, Boris.

Last edited:
I LOVE this pink topaz set that she wears:

Pic

Amazing.

It's so grand and regal.It reminds me of Marie Antoinette.

Yes, for me Silvia is the epitome of a fairy-tale queen with her phenomenal arsenal of jewels, artistic hairstyles, beautiful gowns and ability to carry off the entire look with majesty and grace.

Very well said Baroness.Silvia is magical when it comes to jewels.Here I also love the sapphire set:

Pic

I love that necklace.It's not complete without the tiara.

That's a staggeringly beautiful set; I think it's got to be my favorite among all her jewels. And this lady's got plenty!

Has Silvia ever wore the Fringe Tiara? I have never seen pictures of her wearing it.Victoria wears it often.

Queen Silvia used to wear the Baden Fringe tiara quite often during her first two decades as Queen but always shared it with Princess Lilian.
Since CP Victoria was first seen with it in 2001, her mother has stopped wearing it.

Silvia wearing the tiara in 1977:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

In 1988, during a state visit to Canada:

And when visiting the Vatican in 1991:

Thanks for posting Queen Slivia in the fringe tiara, I've often wondered the same thing!

Thank you Boris.Silvia wore it so well.I wonder if she misses wearing it!

Last edited:
Yes indeed - but only once during her whole time as Queen Consort, at a representation gala in 2004.
The experiment was not repeated, and looking at the pic, one can understand why.;)
Queen Silvia wears all of her tiaras to great effect upright instead of flat, but the unfortunate six button/rosettes tiara simply has to be worn flat at a backwards angle to look at least somewhat appealing.

Unfortunately, the 4 and 6 button tiaras have, more often, not been a success with Queen Silvia or Crown Princess Victoria. The Royal who could really wear these tiaras and looked great was Princess Lillian. Silvia gave it a wearing at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom