Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The large diamond and pearl brooch belonged to the mother of Queen Viktoria of Sweden, Grand Duchess Luise of Baden.
Queen Silvia wore it as a brooch for few times in her early years as Queen, but it has not been seen for at least twenty years.
This is the first time she wears it as a necklace pendant - a very grand and regal look combined with the three row pearl necklace.

so i am a bit slow i think we may have talked about the amethyst set before

At first the tiara was a necklace. (for now I could not find a photo of that necklace)

Now the set is
http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/FotoWeb/FWbin/preview.dll/CH_01040.jpg?D=826D4FD3243C8C18AFC7C6BBFF1BB5DA59A46E228B4EF44C18046D66F6B1D3D13887586ED04C7DB896ECF5E03E912C12FA15FD3B92C5BCDA003CF2FB50F9E07897A597800DD78ABD848A6FE7B90626169AC0565E008D350B51CC8594E0C919202134356C3E33533B48D5495109C068361B067FEE4FDB440FAB02AB6E9111D758FC35F4AD47B39BCF07D239A7020A63789438F85F1A688C54FA911DD02EC08541B2160C997A5E06A131CA725EF9625E20BA945C3F7A5842F507D2C50F0873DBCE

the big necklace is a tiara (the one Silvia is holding)
Earrings is the same
the jewellery to the right is now a necklace that has been worn with a pendent and without a pendent. Os the pendent the one of the bottom?
The jewellery to the right is a bracelet?
and the other to is today brooches?

from ibl

nobel 1986 with the tiara, necklace with pendent and 1 brooche
http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/FotoWeb...A725EF9625E20BA945C3F7A5842F507D2C50F0873DBCE

victoria with the tiara, pendent but not the necklace and brosch
http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/FotoWeb...27E87C52998BFB95ACBFA966F261ABA025AB56B22F9C1

and she wore also the bracelet
http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/FotoWeb...A725EF9625E20BA945C3F7A5842F507D2C50F0873DBCE

And then i have seen photos of silvia wearing the necklace with no pendent

her jewellery is really impressive, amy be one of the most impressive in europe? and she looks lovely with them!

In terms of strictly 'impressive', nothing can beat the Windsor collection, I'd say.
But in terms of historic value and beauty, nothing beats the Bernadotte collection, IMO. No other royal family has a comparable number of French pieces made in the early 19th century (and before), a period which is undoubtedly the source of the most exquisite jewelry, made with the finest craftmanship ever.
Even their turn-of-the-century tiaras like the Connaught are more delicate and beautiful than most pieces made at the same time for other Royal Houses.

Here is a good close up of Queen Silvia wearing the Nine Prong tiara at the state banquet in Italy:

Picture details

She is wearing the tiara very straight here and more forward than in recent years.
Also without the wave of shorter hair in the front, and with an updo that leaves the neck bare. It's a bit of a departure from her hairstyles during the past years and closer the the style she used in the 1980s - I like it.
I also like the combination of the icy mint gown with all-white diamond jewelry including the Vasa earrings.

In terms of strictly 'impressive', nothing can beat the Windsor collection, I'd say.
But in terms of historic value and beauty, nothing beats the Bernadotte collection, IMO. No other royal family has a comparable number of French pieces made in the early 19th century (and before), a period which is undoubtedly the source of the most exquisite jewelry, made with the finest craftmanship ever.
Even their turn-of-the-century tiaras like the Connaught are more delicate and beautiful than most pieces made at the same time for other Royal Houses.
I agree with every word, and to add to that, look at the fantastic pieces the Swedish princesses Martha and Ingrid took with them when they married the Crown princes of Denmark and Norway

Thats a nice portrait of princess Sybille you have Catharina !! I like the old one thanks.

Last night at the gala she wore the ruby tiara and the roser bernadotte brooch

This is a classic choice of Queen Silvia.:D:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the Emeralds of the bernadotte foundation, are the most beautiful of all Royal houses. Can anyone tell me the provenance.

Beautiful! What are the stones in the necklace? It is difficult to see them properly. They look like they are a dark color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful! What are the stones in the necklace? It is difficult to see them properly. They look like they are a dark color.
I think the necklace is very beautiful! It has pearls and blue stones: maybe sapphires? To me the stones appear quite light for sapphires, but I am no expert.
On this blog there is a great close-up of the necklace which was often worn by Princess Victoria: ZweedseJuweeltjes: Ketting

Tilia C.;925210]I think the necklace is very beautiful! It has pearls and blue stones: maybe sapphires? To me the stones appear quite light for sapphires, but I am no expert.

I also wondered the same thing. I always thought that the stones were too light to be sapphires, but maybe still a bit too dark to be aquamarines. Maybe they're blue topaz.

I guess that they may actually be sapphires since the lighting from the camera could make them appear lighter if there's a glare.

ueen Victoria wore it when she arrived to Sweden..

Regarding the cut steel tiara, please check out Hannah Reginas post # 80, Marengo!
The story surrounding the tiara of the cut steel parure (there's a matching choker necklace and earrings) is amazing as it seems it was FOUND by Queen Silvia in some Stockholm Palace cupboard in the late 1970's. It was 'lost' until she re-discovered it by accident.
There's no 'Clary' inheritance among the Bernadotte jewels - the Clary family wasn't nobility but fabric traders...
The historic Bernadotte emerald necklace and brooch used to be part of the first Bernadotte King's jeweled sash, so it was originally men's jewelry! Pic:
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
As for sharing jewelry or not: After all, Queen Silvia IS the Queen... and as a matter of fact, there are 'only' five tiaras left which Queen Silvia wears exclusively these days: The Braganca, the Leuchtenberg sapphire, the cameo, the Edward VII ruby and the nine prong tiaras. All the other tiaras are being shared with the Princesses, also the King's sisters.
I actually like the concept that while some tiaras are shared, others do stay with one Royal lady as their signature pieces. Better than everybody grabbing everything (like in The Netherlands) or everybody clinging to what's theirs (Great Britain). Seems like the best of both worlds to me in Sweden.
i made the part of the emerald necklace bald
Info from Boris.

I think the necklace is very beautiful! It has pearls and blue stones: maybe sapphires? To me the stones appear quite light for sapphires, but I am no expert.
On this blog there is a great close-up of the necklace which was often worn by Princess Victoria: ZweedseJuweeltjes: Ketting
The necklace worn for the second gala consists of diamonds, pearls and indeed sapphires.
It's called the 'arrival necklace', as it was originally given by the later King Gustaf V to his bride Viktoria of Baden when she arrived for the first time in Sweden before their wedding in the year 1881.

I have so enjoyed watching the Queen. She really made the Dutch pull out all the stops this visit. She seems to really enjoy wearing her jewelry, and I have loved having a front row spot to watch!!

Beautiful jewels,but too big for my taste:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom