The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 12:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I don't think the Cameo Tiara will be used on 13:th June unless the bride herself uses it. That Tiara is so strongly connected with swedish royal weddings that it would (in my eyes) take the attention away from the bride (and groom) if a guest used it.

If Silvia don't uses the Sapphire Parure on that day i'd like to see her use the Emerald Demi Parure paired with the Nine Prong Tiara or the Connaught Diamond Tiara. If the dresscode is formal morning dress i'd like to see her wear one of the tiaras as a necklase.
I was talking about if Victoria wore the ruby tiara.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:58 AM
Serene Highness

Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-

Ok i misunderstood you. Read too fast. Sorry.

I have no idea about that. If you ask me i don't think it will be used at all at the wedding. I guess she'll wear one of her main tiaras. But i would love if she did use it.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I don't think that Victoria would wear the ruby tiara for this year's wedding. Countess Marianne will be invited and there really is no need to parade the tiara in front of her nose. Besides Victoria now has the tiara of another great-aunt, Lilian. I think she will wear the laurel tiara again as a tribute to a beloved family member who can't partissipate in this family event any more.

It seems that Silvia now uses the ruby tiara more often than the cameo. I counted six appearance since 2006 while she has worn the cameo only once in that period. But she seemed to prefer it at more low profile events during the last few years.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post

It seems that Silvia now uses the ruby tiara more often than the cameo. I counted six appearance since 2006 while she has worn the cameo only once in that period. But she seemed to prefer it at more low profile events during the last few years.
The ruby tiara was worn mostly for State Visits. it seems she has started to wear it more often after the death of Count Sigvard in 2002.
As for the Cameo tiara i think she has not worn it for ages because it is always high on the list as possible Wedding tiara. Lets hope after Carl Philip's Wedding she will start to wear it again. Or loan it to Victoria for some big Events.
Old 01-18-2015, 01:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I don't think that Victoria would wear the ruby tiara for this year's wedding. Countess Marianne will be invited and there really is no need to parade the tiara in front of her nose. Besides Victoria now has the tiara of another great-aunt, Lilian. I think she will wear the laurel tiara again as a tribute to a beloved family member who can't partissipate in this family event any more.

I would like to see the Laurel again or Lilian's other tiara that she left Victoria, more than anything else. Or I'd like to see Victoria in the Connaught.

As for the Cameo, it does seem to have fallen on Silvia's list, but she does have access to 10 tiaras. She wore the Cameo twice in 2007, which were the last times she wore it. Compared to the 6 times since then that she's worn the Ruby, she does seem to prefer the Ruby, but it's still low on the list as well. She certainly likes the Connaught and Nine Prong the most.

I'd like to see Silvia wear either the Sapphire or the Cameo (if the bride won't be wearing that one) for CP's wedding. I wouldn't be surprised to see her in the Prong tiara again though.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
sorry for the double post.

I don't think the 1990 birthday celebrations of Margrethe had two tiara events. Scanpix has two photos from a non-tiara dinner at the palace that they label as being from Daisy's birthday in 1990: Forhåndsvisning | Scanpix

I have finally updated Silvia's tiaras on my tumblr and I have dated as many photos as I could. There are still a few that I don't have a date or event for.

6-Button Tiara
Baden Fringe Tiara
Braganza Tiara (Part 2)
Cameo Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3)
Connaught Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6) (Part 7) (Part 8)
Cut Steel Tiara
Edward VII Ruby Tiara
Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5)
Modern Fringe Tiara
Nine Prong Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6) (Part 7) (Part 8) (Part 9)
Queen Josephine's Amethyst Tiara (Part 2)
I think this photo was taken from the same day as the 1977 Nobel Prizes. Here are the rest of the photos.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I think this photo was taken from the same day as the 1977 Nobel Prizes. Here are the rest of the photos.
That's what my impression was, but I wasn't sure. I think it's a safe guess.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia's jewellery at state visits between Sweden and Finland
President Koivisto's state visit to Sweden 1982
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
State visit to Finland 1983
President Ahtisaari's state visit to Sweden 1994
State visit to Finland 1996
President Halonen's state visit to Sweden 2000
State visit to Finland 2003
President Niinistö's state visit to Sweden 2012
Old 01-19-2015, 09:41 AM
Serene Highness

Interesting that she has used the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara and earrings during recent state visits to Finland. As there will likely be a new state visit to Finland this fall it will be interesting to see if she uses it again. Don't think she'll use that Tiara to both the wedding and a state visit.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Interesting that she has used the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara and earrings during recent state visits to Finland. As there will likely be a new state visit to Finland this fall it will be interesting to see if she uses it again. Don't think she'll use that Tiara to both the wedding and a state visit.
She appears to have only used the Nine-Prong or the Leuchtenberg sapphires for Finnish visits. If she uses the Leuchtenberg at the wedding, it may be the Nine-Prong tiara that gets used.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
She appears to have only used the Nine-Prong or the Leuchtenberg sapphires for Finnish visits. If she uses the Leuchtenberg at the wedding, it may be the Nine-Prong tiara that gets used.
She used the Connaught several times and the Amethyst once. If there is a Finnish visit this year, I'd expect either the Nine Prong or the Connaught. She likes those the best.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:55 AM
Majesty

I think i have seen Silvia with one of the large button pendent on a diamond reviere.
Does anyone know when this was?
Old 01-21-2015, 08:37 PM
Serene Highness

Here is some background info for those who don't know the infected background of the swedish ruby tiara and why Silvia does not wear it very often.

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.se/2...tiara.html?m=1
Old 01-23-2015, 02:38 AM
Majesty

Here are a few photos of Silvia wearing Queen Josephine's necklace:

1 2

She seems to rarely wear this necklace, which is too bad as it's so stunning.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

The brooch queen Silvia wore at the state visit of Icelandic president Grimsson to Sweden in 1998. We haven't seen that very often. Maybe it is a gift from Iceland?
Old 01-29-2015, 07:21 PM
Majesty

Here are the tiaras Queen Silvia wore to royal weddings and celebrations:

Joachim and Alexandra: 1 2

Haakon and Mette Marit: 1

Frederik and Mary: 1

Victoria and Daniel: 1

Albert and Charlene: 1

Guillaume and Stephanie: 1

Madeleine and Chris: 1

Too bad she always wears the Nine Prong tiara at royal weddings. I would love if she wore the sapphire, the Connaught , and the Baden Fringe tiaras at royal weddings. I understand why she never wears the Cameo tiara at the weddings.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Here are the tiaras Queen Silvia wore to royal weddings and celebrations:

Joachim and Alexandra: 1 2

Haakon and Mette Marit: 1

Frederik and Mary: 1

Victoria and Daniel: 1

Albert and Charlene: 1

Guillaume and Stephanie: 1

Madeleine and Chris: 1

Too bad she always wears the Nine Prong tiara at royal weddings. I would love if she wore the sapphire, the Connaught , and the Baden Fringe tiaras at royal weddings. I understand why she never wears the Cameo tiara at the weddings.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Nine prong Tiara or Queen Sofias diamond tiara as we say in Sweden will be known as Queen Silvias Diamond Tiara after her life. It is by huge margin her favourite tiara. For the same reason we call the Connaught Tiara as Princess Sibyllas Tiara as she wore it to almost every tiara occasion.
I won't be surprised if she wears the Nine prong at her sons wedding too. It is her "baby" and i have to say that i like it. Would love to see her compare it with the emerald demi parure more often.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:37 AM
Majesty

Even though I don't like the Nine Prong tiara, I love the way it sparkles. Here are beautiful gifs:

weightless love awaits
Old 02-04-2015, 10:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

It does have a deer/stag look to it though, sparkley as it is. It would be lovely on Game of Thrones for the Queen of House Baratheon (stag sigil and antlered crown).
Old 02-10-2015, 01:17 AM
Majesty

I just love how the sapphire tiara sparkles:

1 2 3

It truly is a magnificent tiara.

Closed Thread

Tags
jewellery, queen silvia, sweden