The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 01:57 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
thank you for that! It's incomplete and a few dates are wrong, but I did find several new photos!

I've finished posting all of Silvia's tiara photos that I've found so far (though i keep finding new ones! lol)

6-Button Tiara - 1
Baden Fringe Tiara - 7
Braganza Tiara (Part 2) - 17
Cameo Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) - 24
Connaught Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6) (Part 7) - 68
Cut Steel Tiara - 7
Edward VII Tiara - 7
Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) - 43
Modern Fringe Tiara - 9
Nine Prong Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6) (Part 7) (Part 8) - 77
Queen Josephine's Amethyst Tiara (Part 2) - 16

I have one additional posts with late additions. One, two, and three.

I've added dates where I could, but a lot of them I haven't been able to find dates for.

(I hope all of the links work right)

Old 12-26-2014, 11:55 AM
Courtier

I was wondering if anyone knew around what time Silvia started wearing her Cartier Bracelet. Originally I thought it was after 1990's but now looking at photos again it looks to be around 1981-82? What do others think?
Also does anyone know around when she started wearing her Sapphire Ring? I think it was in the 80's but I am unsure.

Old 12-26-2014, 04:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone knew around what time Silvia started wearing her Cartier Bracelet. Originally I thought it was after 1990's but now looking at photos again it looks to be around 1981-82? What do others think?
Also does anyone know around when she started wearing her Sapphire Ring? I think it was in the 80's but I am unsure.
A fellow member has posted information regarding the bracelet in 2012.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
no idé about the year
hope someone can help us.

how about the necklace i wonder if she wears two diamond revieres she wears.
Just figured the year out- 1982. There is a Tabloid Magazine (Hänt) published 13 December 1982 with a picture of her in this outfit on the cover.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Here is one brooch queen Silvia doesn't wear very often, 9th February 2004 in Brunei.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010100...98836281739609
And on 21th May 2007 at the Chelsea Flower Show
Old 12-29-2014, 08:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Here is one brooch queen Silvia doesn't wear very often, 9th February 2004 in Brunei.
http://previews.rexfeatures.com/prev...a7ced8476d2473
http://previews.rexfeatures.com/prev...3469124cd2b006
And on 21th May 2007 at the Chelsea Flower Show
http://previews.rexfeatures.com/prev...96b20902d90d01
LadyFinn, is there a way for you to post these images without the Rex Links? I cannot open them.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
LadyFinn, is there a way for you to post these images without the Rex Links? I cannot open them.
I changed the links, I hope you can see them now.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I changed the links, I hope you can see them now.
Yes I can- Thank You!
Old 12-30-2014, 04:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I'm trying to find every single time Silvia wore the Braganza tiara. So far I have found 17:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

I would appreciate if someone found additional photos, if there is any.
It's seems she wore this tiara again on a cover of a book, but it looks like it's been taken at a public event. Either that or the gown she is wearing is photoshopped. Maybe it is and she is wearing the tiara at a Belgian state visit in the 90's as it looks like she is wearing the same earrings, necklace, and hairstyle.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I think you are right about the book cover. The hairstyle indeed is identical with the Belgian state visit. And when looking closely I think I can even make out the outline of the dress and sash which have been photoshopped out of the pic.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
It's seems she wore this tiara again on a cover of a book, but it looks like it's been taken at a public event. Either that or the gown she is wearing is photoshopped. Maybe it is and she is wearing the tiara at a Belgian state visit in the 90's as it looks like she is wearing the same earrings, necklace, and hairstyle.
This is interesting. Norbert Loh is a great admirer of Queen Silvia, would he have used a photomontage at his book cover? There is another cover to Loh's book:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
And it is just photoshopped, but it is from Nobel 2002
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

A bigger photo of Loh's book cover, queen Silvia with Braganza tiara
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...7c0bf4ee896cb9
Old 12-31-2014, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Edward VII Ruby Tiara is also referred to as the Connaught Ruby Tiara.
Was the Edward VII Tiara also referred to as the Alexandra Tiara, in honor of Queen Alexandra of England?
Old 01-01-2015, 12:48 PM

The Cameo Parure
Queen Silvia wears the cameo tiara [3] The Bernadottes of Sweden have some serious royal jewelry in their vaults, but one of their most prized sets is the cameo parure. According to De Kongelige Juveler, a Danish documentary about royal jewels, the cameo set was made by Marie-Étienne Nitot for the first wife of Napoleon Bonaparte, Joséphine de Beauharnais, in 1809 [2]. The first royal woman to be depicted wearing the parure in a portrait was Joséphine's daughter, Hortense, who was briefly the Queen of Holland. It made its way into Swedish hands via Hortense's niece, Joséphine of Leuchtenberg. The piece is especially romantic because of the designs depicted on the tiara's cameos: scenes from the myth of Cupid and Psyche, in which a mortal woman and the god of love must overcome numerous obstacles before they can finally be married. It's also gained a romantic aura because of its use as an important Bernadotte family wedding tiara. Queen Silvia and her elder daughter, Crown Princess Victoria, are among the royal women who have been married in the cameos. Queen Silvia remarked in the jewel documentary that she focused on two things during Victoria's walk down the aisle: "the beauty of the tiara and her happiness."
Old 01-02-2015, 11:43 AM
Courtier

I just noticed that in the Family Photo released for the new year Queen Silvia is not wearing her sapphire ring but is back to her 3 stacked rings from early in her marriage.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
thank you for that! It's incomplete and a few dates are wrong, but I did find several new photos!

I've finished posting all of Silvia's tiara photos that I've found so far (though i keep finding new ones! lol)

6-Button Tiara - 1
Baden Fringe Tiara - 7
Braganza Tiara (Part 2) - 17
Cameo Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) - 24
Connaught Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6) (Part 7) - 68
Cut Steel Tiara - 7
Edward VII Tiara - 7
Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) - 43
Modern Fringe Tiara - 9
Nine Prong Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6) (Part 7) (Part 8) - 77
Queen Josephine's Amethyst Tiara (Part 2) - 16

I have one additional posts with late additions. One, two, and three.

I've added dates where I could, but a lot of them I haven't been able to find dates for.

(I hope all of the links work right)
I may have overlooked but did you include the tiara(s) Silvia wore at Queen Margrethe's 50th birthday in 1990? A fellow member says she attended the event wearing the red dress she wore at the 1991 Nobel Prizes. However, I could not find any photos.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Great Work thanks
Old 01-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I may have overlooked but did you include the tiara(s) Silvia wore at Queen Margrethe's 50th birthday in 1990? A fellow member says she attended the event wearing the red dress she wore at the 1991 Nobel Prizes. However, I could not find any photos.
the only one I have a photo of is the Nine Prong which is in part 6. If she wore another tiara for another event, I don't have a photo of it.

I've begun compiling all of my photos on pinterest, which is somewhat easier to manage than tumblr: http://www.pinterest.com/sarahw1315/

So far I have the 4 and 6-Button Tiaras, the Nine Prong Tiara, the Modern Fringe Tiara, the Baden Fringe Tiara, the Aquamarine Bandeau, Queen Josephine's Amethyst Tiara, and the 18th Birthday Tiara. I'm still compiling dates for the Cut Steel, Connaught, Cameo, Ruby, Sapphire, and Braganza.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
the only one I have a photo of is the Nine Prong which is in part 6. If she wore another tiara for another event, I don't have a photo of it.

I've begun compiling all of my photos on pinterest, which is somewhat easier to manage than tumblr: http://www.pinterest.com/sarahw1315/

So far I have the 4 and 6-Button Tiaras, the Nine Prong Tiara, the Modern Fringe Tiara, the Baden Fringe Tiara, the Aquamarine Bandeau, Queen Josephine's Amethyst Tiara, and the 18th Birthday Tiara. I'm still compiling dates for the Cut Steel, Connaught, Cameo, Ruby, Sapphire, and Braganza.
Yes I found the photo, thank you. Maybe you should put the event on the caption. Also, Margrethe's 70th and 60th birthday celebrations had 2 tiara events. Maybe there was another tiara she wore.

Also I think you are missing this photo of the Cut Steel tiara in your collection.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Yes I found the photo, thank you. Maybe you should put the event on the caption. Also, Margrethe's 70th and 60th birthday celebrations had 2 tiara events. Maybe there was another tiara she wore.

Also I think you are missing this photo of the Cut Steel tiara in your collection.
oops, you're right! I have it, but for some reason forgot to add it to that post!

I found so many new photos after posting those and everything got all mangled, lol.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Well, it could be hard to find pictures of the Queen at the performance at the Royal Theatre in connection for Queen Margrethe's 70th birthday. The King and Queen arrived late due to the volcano on Iceland. But if we are lucky we could find some (badly) screenshots of the Queen. She wore the Leuchtenberg Sapphires with her red Yuki dress. For the dinner at Fredensborg she wore the Modern Fringe Tiara.

For Queen Margrethe's 60th birthday we saw a pic of the Queen with the Nine Prong Tiara for the dinner. At the performance at the Royal Theatre she wore the Connaught Tiara.

Closed Thread

Tags
jewellery, queen silvia, sweden