Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen wore the Nine Prong tiara, a diamond necklace, and a pearl brooch today:

Pic

The necklace and brooch are simply stunning.

I have been thinking about the diadem and lapel pin set the king and queen wore at their silver wedding. Does anyone have good close ups of it? These sets used to be quite common in Sweden and I know they were very common in Germany. Does anyone of you who live in Germany know if these silver wedding and gold wedding sets are still manufactured and sold? Do people in Germany still wear them when celebrating their silver wedding? In Sweden these sets can only be bought in antique shops so I am wondering whether the set was purchased for the anniversary or if it is an inherited piece. I think I believe that maybe Silvia's parents wore the set and that she inherited it.
So, what do you think?

:previous: Thank you, LadyFinn!
Indeed this seems to be the only time that particular diamond piece was photographed, worn here as hair ornament, but it could also be a brooch.
It doesn't resemble any other piece in the Queen's or the Bernadotte's collection - no idea where it might come from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are two great posts on the Amethyst tiara...
I really like this tiara but I do prefer this tiara on Her Majesty The Queen.

Last edited:
Agree that it is the modern emerald set.
I LOVE the second image you posted, Q silvia in an emerald panne velvet gown with the emeralds and fringe tiara! I lOVE panne velvet and you never see it anymore.
What year is that image from?

we have #1 set and #2 set of emeralds, will we see the diamond necklace with a small emerald pendent or the "tie" emerald set tonight?

we have #1 set and #2 set of emeralds, will we see the diamond necklace with a small emerald pendent or the "tie" emerald set tonight?
That would really be fun!
The V-shaped diamond necklace with cabochon emerald pendant is part of set #3, by the way - there are matching cabochon emerald stud earrings and a ring with a large cabochon emerald flanked by two diamonds.
Would be great to see the "tie" Art-Deco-style emerald set #4 again, but I think it's too flashy for the Croatian return dinner.

...in Croatia.
If it was Austria, she'd be wearing a tiara, but probably no ugly dress designed by Natan. ;)

Thanks I've corrected the original. I'm confusing my state visits Sweden and Luxembourg.

A beautiful new necklace for Queen Silvia, worn for the Stockholm County jubilee visit yesterday - it corresponds nicely with the fringed lapels of her Chanel jacket here, and I wonder what the drops are made of:

http://s17.postimg.org/hjc55m1of/Screenshot_1.jpg

They look like they could be black pearls to me. Very nice design.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom