Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I'm saying it, but I don't really like the emerald and diamond tassel set either. But I could have them re-set!

any good photos of silvia jewllery 18th september
For the Opening of Parliament concert, Queen Silvia wore her modern diamond necklace with the new ruby pendant, her small ruby earrings and diamond butterfly brooch set with rubies and emeralds. Here’s a large close up:
http://s17.postimage.org/qdbroppsv/Screenshot_4.jpg

At the ‘Mentor Foundation’ charity gala last night, Queen Silvia was wearing the early 19th century three row pearl necklace of Queen Josefina with its diamond clasp turned to the front, along with the smaller pair of the drop pearl earrings in the Bernadotte collection.
Close up:
http://s17.postimage.org/5k4rmk7vj/Screenshot_1.jpg

The rubies and the pearls are goregous!
That's an interesting watch but I don't like it. But, great shot of her rings! Her rings are stunning!

Last edited by a moderator:
The ruby pendant is new?
The diamond and ruby pendant is relatively new, Queen Silvia was first seen wearing it in public in late 2009. I find it difficult to tell if it’s contemporary or an antique piece acquired for/by her – what do others think?

Close up of the pendant:
http://s12.postimage.org/4fko6p7kt/Screenshot_1.jpg

It is usually worn attached to her modern V-shaped necklace which is part of an emerald set which Queen Silvia has had since 2006.

Close up of the necklace with its original emerald pendant:
http://s15.postimage.org/5ustjjs0r/Screenshot_2.jpg

I think the ruby pendant is a mpodern piece, made specially to fit in with the V-shaped diamond necklace. Query whether we will see a sapphire pendant fo the type soon as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Both ruby and emerald pendants look elegant. I wouldn't wear such pieces myself, they suit older women much more.

Is it just me that think that the two pendents dont match with the necklace? The necklace seems modern and the pedants old fashioned

Is it just me that think that the two pendents dont match with the necklace? The necklace seems modern and the pedants old fashioned
The ruby pendant might indeed be a recently acquired but antique piece.
But the cabochon emerald pendant is the original pendant of this necklace which forms a modern set with matching small cabochon emerald stud earrings and a ring.
Here's a pic of her wearing the complete set (Silvia's third contemporary one in emeralds and diamonds) along with an emerald brooch she has had since the 1980s:
http://s17.postimage.org/vbctdlwgf/quadriga_berlin07.jpg

Silvia's jewels at the wedding reception:

Pic

LOVE that breathtaking pink topaz set! It's exquisite!

I'm always quite stunned that the Nine Prong Tiara is obviously a Love-or-hate object (which you can also see in the most diverging comments on the Sartorial Splendor blog) as I've definitely always liked it a lot.
It's most regal without being overpowering, it's absolutely a tiara to be worn by a Queen rather than by a Princess, and Queen Silvia carries it off beautifully with her splendid tiara hair.
In addition, there's one more thing which endears it to me: If you look at small children's drawings showing their image of Queens and Princesses, they most frequently come up with a shape of crown or tiara which is identical to the top shape and outline of this particular tiara - 'antler' association others might have or not, this alone makes me see its fairytale aspect every time I look at it.

I can't quite equate this tiara with the Golden Poppy monstrosity, but I find the style to be definitely unflattering although Silvia always manages to pull it off.

I think what tiara she have depends on what dress she wear, Maybe the grey dress from the statevisit in netherlands that color works with several tiaras.

The Queen is wearing the Sapphire Parure !!!

The Crownprincess is wearing the 4 button tiara and the green emerald necklase we haven't seen in many years !!

Princess Madeleine is wearing the complete amethyst parure and Princess Christina is wearing the 6 button tiara :)

Sapphire parure for the Queen today at the Nobels!!

Great to see the sapphire parure again. It works excellently with her dress. I'm glad that there aren't any prongs tonight, I'm bored by seeing that one so often.

Last edited:
The six button tiara might be the only one worn by Princess Madeleine, Princess Lilian, CP Victoria and Queen Silvia.

Don't forget Princess Birgitta, Boris. She wore the 6-Button to the King's 60th birthday celebrations. That makes five living Swedish royal women who have worn that tiara.

Here's who has worn the others:

Baden Fringe - Silvia, Lillian, Victoria, Desiree, Christina.
Braganca Diamond - Silvia (I think only the queen may wear this one).
Connaught Forget-Me-Not - Silvia, Desiree, Christina.
Aquamarine Bandeau - Madeleine, Silvia, Christina.
4-Button-Victoria, Margaretha, Birgitta, Desiree, Christina.
Cameo Tiara-Silvia, Birgitta, Desiree. (maybe soon Victoria, Madeleine, & Emma?)
King Carl XVI Gustaf Fringe-Silvia, Madeleine, Victoria (only as a necklace).
King Edward VII Ruby-Silvia, Countess Marianne Bernadotte (as a necklace).
Leuchtenberg Sapphire-Silvia, Birgitta.
Napoleonic Cut-Steel - Silvia, Christina, Victoria.
Queen Josephine's Amethysts-Silvia, Victoria, Christina, Margaretha.
Queen Louise's Diamond Tiara-Desiree, Margaretha, Christina.
Queen Sophie's Nine-Prong-Silvia, Lillian, Margaretha.

I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anyone, unless someone is still alive that I am unaware of.

Mapper

Uppsattes list

Baden Fringe - Silvia, Lillian, Victoria, Desiree, Christina.
Braganca Diamond - Silvia
Connaught Forget-Me-Not - Silvia, Desiree, Christina. Lilian, Madeleine
Aquamarine Bandeau - Madeleine, Christina.
4-Button- Victoria, Margaretha, Birgitta, Desiree, Christina, madeleine
Cameo Tiara-Silvia, Birgitta, Desiree, Victoria
King Carl XVI Gustaf Fringe-Silvia, Madeleine, Victoria (only as a necklace).
King Edward VII Ruby-Silvia, Countess Marianne Bernadotte
Leuchtenberg Sapphire-Silvia, Birgitta.
Napoleonic Cut-Steel - Silvia, Christina, Victoria, Lilian
Queen Josephine's Amethysts-Silvia, Victoria, Christina, Margaretha, Madeleine, Desirée
Queen Louise's Diamond Tiara- Desiree, Margaretha, Christina.
Queen Sophie's Nine-Prong- Silvia, Lillian, Margaretha.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom