Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the emerald necklace would make a nice tiara, although it might be a bit too insubstancial for the Nobels. But this dress with the (imagined) emerald tiara and a diamond necklace at a state banquett... wouldn't that be lovely?

Last edited by a moderator:
It would probably be the samelike the amethyst tiara. She wore it once at Nobel in the 1980's. But i don't like it too much because almost always the frame is visible and because it's a closed circle it's not easy to wear it.

The Leuchtenberg sapphire parure goes amazingly well with the emerald green dress. But how nice would it be if there were an emerald tiara in the SRF!

I can't believe they don't have an emerald tiara or parure! :ermm: However, the sapphire tiara and set looked wonderful combined with the emerald green gown. Q Silvia was stunning tonight!

It would probably be the samelike the amethyst tiara. She wore it once at Nobel in the 1980's. But i don't like it too much because almost always the frame is visible and because it's a closed circle it's not easy to wear it.
You are right, the closed circle makes the placement of the amethyst tiara difficult. Imo the diameter of the tiara is too big. It might be better to take out one or two elements. Also all the amethyst elements are the same size, which is a disadvantage for a tiara.
The elements of the emerald necklace are graduated, which is better for a tiara. It might be a good idea to only use part of the necklace for the (hypothetical) emerald tiara.

The bad think is only that apart from the emerald neckllace and the brooch there are no other pieces who cold worn as a neckalce with the possible tiara. With the amethysts the put 2 bracelets toegther to wear it as necklace. I wonder why Silvia never wore the amethysts in it's original form as necklace. As far as i know it is put on the frame in such a way that one could easily remove it to wear again as necklace. But the last wo wore it as necklace was Princess Margaretha at the pre-Wedding Concert of the King and Queen.

The hypothetical emerald tiara would not be bad with a diamond necklace. If we take the dress Silvia wore tonight, a full emerald parure might be too much green anyway.
Maybe the Queen is content with the smaller amethyst necklace. Also we don't know how complicated it is to take the big necklace off it's tiara frame.

Thank you very much for the great close-ups, Monic!
In Pic 2, you can clearly see how much is going on underneath the tiara to secure it in Queen Silvia's open hair.

I'm somewhat surprised that the contrasting jewel tones work so amazingly well. Emerald green and sapphire blue really result in a vibrant combination, more exciting than a tone-in-tone color choice.

Queen silvia for queen sofias tiara also called the nineprog tiara

does anyone have a better photo of Mentor International Prevention Award Gala, Washington 2010-10-14 , silvia is wearing one of the modern emerald neckleces

Last edited:
Queen Silvia has a total of four modern emerald and diamond sets consisting of necklace, bracelet and matching earrings.

Apart from the two in jonc93's post above, there is this one, an asymmetric necklace with long dangling earrings:
http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/8555/71346141.jpg
The same set worn at the Washington Mentor gala in October, as requested by Josefine above:
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6022/cl10101408.jpg

And the fourth is a set with small emerald stud earrings and pendant necklace:
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1776/77174705.jpg

Last edited:
Apart from the two in jonc93's post above, there is this one, an asymmetric necklace with long dangling earrings:
http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/8555/71346141.jpg
The same set worn at the Washington Mentor gala in October, as requested by Josefine above:
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6022/cl10101408.jpg

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1776/77174705.jpg

That necklace looks very similar to Queen Elizabeth's ruby swag necklace was Silivias emerald necklace a gift from the Middle East as well?
http://img443.imageshack.us/i/610x65.jpg/

That necklace looks very similar to Queen Elizabeth's ruby swag necklace was Silivias emerald necklace a gift from the Middle East as well?
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
I always wondered about the similarity in design of these two necklaces.
The provenance of none of the four modern emerald sets is known. The first one (which is also the first in jonc93's post above) appeared in 1986, the other three all during the past decade.
Perhaps the QE II ruby and Queen Silvia's emerald swag necklace were simply made by the same jeweler; in contrast to the Windsors, the Bernadottes don't regularly go on state visits to Middle Eastern monarchies or receive them in return, collecting jewelry each time, so I'd say that Queen Silvia has been rather busy adding to her personal collection in other ways.
The one exception is Silvia's lavish cabochon ruby set, which was most certainly a gift from the Sultan of Brunei.

^^Thanks for the explanation Boris! And thanks for the closeups Humera! :)

Article on Queen Silvias Jewellery

[FONT=verdana, arial]I have been desperately looking for this special article dealing with queen Silvia's jewellery shown in the attached file, but in vain.

Does anyone know the date and name of the magazine in which the attached article can be found?
Or does anybody have a 1:1 colour photocopy/scan of the article (3 pages) and is willing to post it?

Thank you so much in advance for any help!

Hermine
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]
hermine10
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]Link: Illu49523199_1.jpg picture by hermine10 - Photobucket[/FONT][/FONT]​

[FONT=verdana, arial]I have been desperately looking for this special article dealing with queen Silvia's jewellery shown in the attached file, but in vain.

Does anyone know the date and name of the magazine in which the attached article can be found?
Or does anybody have a 1:1 colour photocopy/scan of the article (3 pages) and is willing to post it?

Thank you so much in advance for any help!

Hermine
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]
hermine10
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]Link: Illu49523199_1.jpg picture by hermine10 - Photobucket[/FONT][/FONT]​

I dont have much help to give, because I never seen the article before and from the picture its not possible to tell from wich magazine it is :ermm:

BUT the large text on the "yellow" page says: "Silvia is wearing jewelry brilliantly, isnt she! The exhibition in the castle's treasury has been a great success and therefore continue into the summer.It's very festively when some of the jewelry is out of traveling exhibitions - that is, when the queen wearing them on ceremonial occasions"

So; At some point in time the jewelry shown in the article was on an exhibition at the castle - and it should be possible to find out when...

My guess is 1977 .... because of the pictures of the queen: they are both from 1976 (wedding and Nobel) I think that if this had been an article from the 80s or so, there had been more pictures of the Queen wearing a tiara to choose from and then maybe they had not chosen just these two?

Anyway, another huge guess: The articl looks a bit like articles in the magazines "Året Runt" or "Allers" or "Allas", not "Svensk Damtidning" i think... but as I said: huge guess!

Last edited:
Article on Queen Silvia's jewellery

Thank you for your suggestions. I have been wondering just the same.
My most liklely guesses concerning the magazines are "Vecko Journalen" and "Hemmets Veckotidning", the former no longer in print.
I have been also contacting Allers media and the Royal Court for help but they have no idea either.
I know about the exhibition in 1977, having got a small booklet about it too.
But the article offers nevers seen before pictures of the jewels - therefore my interest.

So I have to wait, maybe somebody will come across this specific article by chance?

Thank you again!

the booklet is it the Smycken för drottningar? from 1977
i just got a hold on it in a antic bookshop,

My mother read "Hemmets Veckotidning" in the 70:s and I (who was reading it to fint pictures of Silvia :) ) cant remember seeing this article, so my guess is "Vecko Journalen" - but I can of course be wrong :whistling: Maybe I can go to my mothers house and take a look, Im sure she kept all thouse magazines...

My mother read "Hemmets Veckotidning" in the 70:s and I (who was reading it to fint pictures of Silvia :) ) cant remember seeing this article, so my guess is "Vecko Journalen" - but I can of course be wrong :whistling: Maybe I can go to my mothers house and take a look, Im sure she kept all thouse magazines...

Thank you for looking!

Hopefully you are going to be successful in finding the article.
Please keep me informed!

In the new official photo of Silvia, is she wearing the earrings Victoria wore at the King's Dinner after the Nobel's this year? And and info on this brooch, I don't think I've ever seen it before.

The pear-shaped pearl earrings from the Bernadotte collection are indeed the ones worn by CP Victoria for both Nobel nights this year.

The diamond and pearl brooch originally belonged to Queen Viktoria and has been worn by Queen Silvia continuously throughout the years.
Princess Madeleine wore it as a necklace pendant, attached upside down, for the ‘Day After’ Nobel dinner in 2009, and CP Victoria as well at a King’s dinner last January.

Close up of the brooch on Queen Silvia's suit, state visit to The Netherlands in 2009:
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1023/sxad45f7.jpg

The brooch worn by Queen Silvia with Queen Josefina’s pearls and the pear-shaped pearl earrings:
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2127/060321023.jpg

Princess Madeleine wearing the brooch as pendant, Nobel 'Day After' dinner 2009:
http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/fotoweb/Preview.fwx?position=2&archiveType=ImageFolder&sorting=ModifiedTimeAsc&search=prinsessan%20and%20madeleine%20and%20nobel&fileId=802ED1D9D4DB256956ACCE1E5C725072C488F6E34A55ABA9DED0721DC87614FC61724FB1914EE1CEF1A62D3834B29BE37A90C286BFC6C1BDFD005B4B9A5F0297CF77FEA961A711CE4ABD1159E18E5FBA6BA301F3A61C60D8D64B9EBCDC9D72927BA19712E24487654BE477A046BCEC161260C4C251814F1784CF65DC6CEFDB6EE1C4F2EF535697EB797F479EF8378524

Last edited:
and if i remeber princess madeleine and princess christinas has worn the brosch in a "sidenband" what would the right word be in english? as a necklace

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom