Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what event this was and the date?
Afaik, that was at a Represention Dinner in 2003. I think it was the only time that she wore it a such a dinner. But there was an official portrait published with the same outfit and jewels. So she probably wore it for the dinner because the pictures were taken the same day.

Here are the various tiaras Queen Silvia wore at various state visits:

Japanese State Visit (2000):

Braganza Tiara
Cameo Tiara

Belgian State Visit (1994):

Braganza Tiara

French State Visit (1980):

Cameo Tiara
Sapphire Tiara

Dutch State Visit (1976)

Nine Prong Tiara
Sapphire Tiara

UK State Visit (1983):

Braganza Tiara

Cameo Tiara

Belgian State Visit (2001):

Cameo Tiara

French State Visit (2000):

Cameo Tiara

Icelandic State Visit (1998)

Cameo Tiara

Bulgarian State Visit (2007):

Cameo Tiara

Austrian State Visit (2007):

Cameo Tiara

Nine Prong Tiara

Dutch State Visit (2014):

Connaught Tiara

Dutch State Visit (2009):

Sapphire Tiara

Germany State Visit (1979):

Cameo Tiara

Connaught Tiara

Luxembourg State Visit (2008):

Sapphire Tiara

Portugal State Visit (2008):

Sapphire Tiara

Japanese State Visit (2007):

Connaught Tiara

Edward VII Ruby Tiara

Danish State Visit (2007):

Braganza Tiara
Connaught Tiara
Nine Prong Tiara

Norway State Visit (1992):

Braganza Tiara

Luxembourg State Visit (1991):

Braganza Tiara

Danish State Visit (1985):

Braganza Tiara

Dutch State Visit (1987):

Braganza Tiara

Russian State Visit (2001):

Baden Fringe Tiara

Canadian State Visit (1988):

Baden Fringe Tiara

Last edited:
I have finally compiled all of Queen Silvia's tiara events, that I have been able to find pictures of.

Zum Glück bin ich verrückt — The Tiaras of Queen Silvia of Sweden

I have no doubt I'm missing several photos, but this was the best I could do. I tried to put dates on them, but I only got a few. And some of them I just wasn't sure, so I did a bit of guessing.

In the end, I ended up with 251 photos.

Here are the various tiaras Queen Silvia wore at various state visits:

Finnish State Visit (2000)

Cameo Tiara

Thanks a lot for this impressive list of State Visits with tiaras for the Queen. A litte detail, I think that the Finnish state visit (2000) was an Icelandic State Visit, from what I can see of the sash.

Thanks a lot for this impressive list of State Visits with tiaras for the Queen. A litte detail, I think that the Finnish state visit (2000) was an Icelandic State Visit, from what I can see of the sash.

you're correct, that's the 1998 State visit from Iceland, I believe.

Thank you, it's been edited. Here is another photo from the event.

thank you for that! It's incomplete and a few dates are wrong, but I did find several new photos!

I've finished posting all of Silvia's tiara photos that I've found so far (though i keep finding new ones! lol)

6-Button Tiara - 1
Baden Fringe Tiara - 7
Braganza Tiara (Part 2) - 17
Cameo Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) - 24
Connaught Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6) (Part 7) - 68
Cut Steel Tiara - 7
Edward VII Tiara - 7
Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) - 43
Modern Fringe Tiara - 9
Nine Prong Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6) (Part 7) (Part 8) - 77
Queen Josephine's Amethyst Tiara (Part 2) - 16

I have one additional posts with late additions. One, two, and three.

I've added dates where I could, but a lot of them I haven't been able to find dates for.

(I hope all of the links work right)

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone knew around what time Silvia started wearing her Cartier Bracelet. Originally I thought it was after 1990's but now looking at photos again it looks to be around 1981-82? What do others think?
Also does anyone know around when she started wearing her Sapphire Ring? I think it was in the 80's but I am unsure.

I was wondering if anyone knew around what time Silvia started wearing her Cartier Bracelet. Originally I thought it was after 1990's but now looking at photos again it looks to be around 1981-82? What do others think?
Also does anyone know around when she started wearing her Sapphire Ring? I think it was in the 80's but I am unsure.

A fellow member has posted information regarding the bracelet in 2012.

no idé about the year
hope someone can help us.

how about the necklace i wonder if she wears two diamond revieres she wears.

Just figured the year out- 1982. There is a Tabloid Magazine (Hänt) published 13 December 1982 with a picture of her in this outfit on the cover.

LadyFinn, is there a way for you to post these images without the Rex Links? I cannot open them.

I'm trying to find every single time Silvia wore the Braganza tiara. So far I have found 17:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

I would appreciate if someone found additional photos, if there is any. :flowers:

It's seems she wore this tiara again on a cover of a book, but it looks like it's been taken at a public event. Either that or the gown she is wearing is photoshopped. Maybe it is and she is wearing the tiara at a Belgian state visit in the 90's as it looks like she is wearing the same earrings, necklace, and hairstyle.

I think you are right about the book cover. The hairstyle indeed is identical with the Belgian state visit. And when looking closely I think I can even make out the outline of the dress and sash which have been photoshopped out of the pic.

It's seems she wore this tiara again on a cover of a book, but it looks like it's been taken at a public event. Either that or the gown she is wearing is photoshopped. Maybe it is and she is wearing the tiara at a Belgian state visit in the 90's as it looks like she is wearing the same earrings, necklace, and hairstyle.

This is interesting. Norbert Loh is a great admirer of Queen Silvia, would he have used a photomontage at his book cover? There is another cover to Loh's book:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
And it is just photoshopped, but it is from Nobel 2002
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

A bigger photo of Loh's book cover, queen Silvia with Braganza tiara
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd...._=1430103651_60ce567437382fcb4e7c0bf4ee896cb9

Last edited:
The Edward VII Ruby Tiara is also referred to as the Connaught Ruby Tiara.
Was the Edward VII Tiara also referred to as the Alexandra Tiara, in honor of Queen Alexandra of England?

The Cameo Parure
Queen Silvia wears the cameo tiara [3] The Bernadottes of Sweden have some serious royal jewelry in their vaults, but one of their most prized sets is the cameo parure. According to De Kongelige Juveler, a Danish documentary about royal jewels, the cameo set was made by Marie-Étienne Nitot for the first wife of Napoleon Bonaparte, Joséphine de Beauharnais, in 1809 [2]. The first royal woman to be depicted wearing the parure in a portrait was Joséphine's daughter, Hortense, who was briefly the Queen of Holland. It made its way into Swedish hands via Hortense's niece, Joséphine of Leuchtenberg. The piece is especially romantic because of the designs depicted on the tiara's cameos: scenes from the myth of Cupid and Psyche, in which a mortal woman and the god of love must overcome numerous obstacles before they can finally be married. It's also gained a romantic aura because of its use as an important Bernadotte family wedding tiara. Queen Silvia and her elder daughter, Crown Princess Victoria, are among the royal women who have been married in the cameos. Queen Silvia remarked in the jewel documentary that she focused on two things during Victoria's walk down the aisle: "the beauty of the tiara and her happiness."

I just noticed that in the Family Photo released for the new year Queen Silvia is not wearing her sapphire ring but is back to her 3 stacked rings from early in her marriage.

thank you for that! It's incomplete and a few dates are wrong, but I did find several new photos!

I've finished posting all of Silvia's tiara photos that I've found so far (though i keep finding new ones! lol)

6-Button Tiara - 1
Baden Fringe Tiara - 7
Braganza Tiara (Part 2) - 17
Cameo Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) - 24
Connaught Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6) (Part 7) - 68
Cut Steel Tiara - 7
Edward VII Tiara - 7
Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) - 43
Modern Fringe Tiara - 9
Nine Prong Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6) (Part 7) (Part 8) - 77
Queen Josephine's Amethyst Tiara (Part 2) - 16

I have one additional posts with late additions. One, two, and three.

I've added dates where I could, but a lot of them I haven't been able to find dates for.

(I hope all of the links work right)

I may have overlooked but did you include the tiara(s) Silvia wore at Queen Margrethe's 50th birthday in 1990? A fellow member says she attended the event wearing the red dress she wore at the 1991 Nobel Prizes. However, I could not find any photos.

I may have overlooked but did you include the tiara(s) Silvia wore at Queen Margrethe's 50th birthday in 1990? A fellow member says she attended the event wearing the red dress she wore at the 1991 Nobel Prizes. However, I could not find any photos.

the only one I have a photo of is the Nine Prong which is in part 6. If she wore another tiara for another event, I don't have a photo of it.

I've begun compiling all of my photos on pinterest, which is somewhat easier to manage than tumblr: http://www.pinterest.com/sarahw1315/

So far I have the 4 and 6-Button Tiaras, the Nine Prong Tiara, the Modern Fringe Tiara, the Baden Fringe Tiara, the Aquamarine Bandeau, Queen Josephine's Amethyst Tiara, and the 18th Birthday Tiara. I'm still compiling dates for the Cut Steel, Connaught, Cameo, Ruby, Sapphire, and Braganza.

the only one I have a photo of is the Nine Prong which is in part 6. If she wore another tiara for another event, I don't have a photo of it.

I've begun compiling all of my photos on pinterest, which is somewhat easier to manage than tumblr: http://www.pinterest.com/sarahw1315/

So far I have the 4 and 6-Button Tiaras, the Nine Prong Tiara, the Modern Fringe Tiara, the Baden Fringe Tiara, the Aquamarine Bandeau, Queen Josephine's Amethyst Tiara, and the 18th Birthday Tiara. I'm still compiling dates for the Cut Steel, Connaught, Cameo, Ruby, Sapphire, and Braganza.

Yes I found the photo, thank you. Maybe you should put the event on the caption. Also, Margrethe's 70th and 60th birthday celebrations had 2 tiara events. Maybe there was another tiara she wore.

Also I think you are missing this photo of the Cut Steel tiara in your collection.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom