Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Braganza is definitely the big-gun, eye-popping diamond tiara, but I absolutely adore the Mighty Fortress - the Leuchtenberg. Perhaps it's the combination of sapphire and diamonds that forms such a solid wall, or because it's part of a magnificent parure, or just because it's the shape, but I just love that one to death!

In the videos it is also said that the king has included the cameo parure in the foundation and that he might do the same with princess Sibylla's tiara.

On the cover of this weeks Svensk damtidning it looks as if Silvia is wearing a new cameo set consisting of a necklace and earrings. Does anyone have a good closeup? The stones are set in gold and separated by pearls. Has anyone seen the set before?

On the cover of this weeks Svensk damtidning it looks as if Silvia is wearing a new cameo set consisting of a necklace and earrings. Does anyone have a good closeup? The stones are set in gold and separated by pearls. Has anyone seen the set before?
Queen Silvia has had that set for about four years but it was very rarely seen in public.
The honey-colored large stones are certainly not cameos, but they do appear to be carved, perhaps in Indian style; in blurrier pics, I was thinking of amber, but I don’t think that’s very probable either.
Ideas what it might be, anyone?

Here’s the set on the cover of this week’s ‘Svensk Dam Tidning’:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Perhaps the first occasion it was worn in public, in 2008:

And Queen Silvia also wore the set for the first of the pre-wedding events for CP Victoria, the dinner on board of the ship ‘Goetheborg’:

Last edited:
OK wait wait wait, Ive never seen those emeralds before. Wow what a set of jewels. and we don't think they are borrowed? Queen Silvia puh...lease wear these again!!!!!!

OK wait wait wait, Ive never seen those emeralds before. Wow what a set of jewels. and we don't think they are borrowed? Queen Silvia puh...lease wear these again!!!!!!
Couldn’t agree more.
If these emeralds should have been borrowed, it would be the only case ever of Queen Silvia wearing jewelry on loan... IMO quite improbable for her.
I figure you’re referring to this only-seen-in-public-once emerald set discussed above...:;)

Thank you Boris for the information!

Could it be carved agates? I wonder what the carvings look like. Well, hopefully there will be detailed pictures of the necklace.

Emeralds seems to be Silvia's favourite gem, and I can understand it since she looks great wearing them. Unfortunately there is only the emerald necklace/belt in the collection. I think she deserves an emerald tiara.

I actually do not like the design of this particularly set, but maybe it would look better with another dress. I think the gems of the set should be reset in a new tiara for queen Silvia. Cabouchon emeralds look wonderful in tiaras, in my opinion.

Emeralds seems to be Silvia's favourite gem, and I can understand it since she looks great wearing them. Unfortunately there is only the emerald necklace/belt in the collection. I think she deserves an emerald tiara.

I actually do not like the design of this particularly set, but maybe it would look better with another dress. I think the gems of the set should be reset in a new tiara for queen Silvia. Cabouchon emeralds look wonderful in tiaras, in my opinion.

I support your proposal. A new emerald tiara for Queen Silvia. She deserves it.

The inie prog tiara were seen last night at the reception dinner

Queen Silvia has had that set for about four years but it was very rarely seen in public. The honey-colored large stones are certainly not cameos, but they do appear to be carved, perhaps in Indian style; in blurrier pics, I was thinking of amber, but I don’t think that’s very probable either. Ideas what it might be, anyone???

I would agree with you that they look like amber. This is a very popular stone in Eastern Europe. I don't know if it can be carved or not. I don't think it compliments Silvia's coloring very well. My mother has some Russian amber and looks good in it because she has a more ruddy complexion. Queen Silvia is a "winter" and looks better in the jewel tones like green, blue and red.

I love that the Swedish ladies don't let there jewels sit too much. Since the Queen and Princess's are all choosing from the same box "so to speak" with certain reserves of course, there jewels get used. I love this I mean...why not. I wear my stuff. The Dutch are like this as well.

any close up photo of the butterfly brosch she wore today in germaby

Somehow, I always expect Silvia to wear nothing less than costume jewelry!:lol:

how good are the different year books about the royal family if you want to look for photos with jewllerys

Vårt kungahus
Det kundliga året
Kungafamiljen

The dazzle effect on the first postcard seems digitally enhanced while the second one is a more normal view, though you can detect some sparkle. I'm sure those jewels must really flash immensely under the right conditions, though. Those are gorgeous photos of a young Silvia in some massive pieces; she's wearing the impressive Braganza tiara. Beautiful; thanks for posting, LadyFinn!

Last edited:
Both photos posted by LadyFinn are from the welcome state banquet for Queen Margrethe II during her state visit to Sweden in 1985.
(The first pic is not digitally enhanced - the rays are the result of a filter often used in 'real' photography ;) in order to capture the glitter which inevitably gets lost in every photo, though not on film.)

She Looks So Nice , Yes Indeed Very twinkling , Her Tiara Very Nice and To Much Big . Thank you for Posting LadyFinn .

Both photos posted by LadyFinn are from the welcome state banquet for Queen Margrethe II during her state visit to Sweden in 1985.
(The first pic is not digitally enhanced - the rays are the result of a filter often used in 'real' photography ;) in order to capture the glitter which inevitably gets lost in every photo, though not on film.)

That's really interesting since the light radiating outward is so precise, symmetrical and aligned, not what you'd usually see in normal photography, hence my impression. Beautiful images. Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:
Loves the sparkles on these pictures!

These old diamonds look so regal, I like the necklace of this set very much! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
New earrings for Queen Silvia during the Finnish state visit today:
Unusual combination of a coral center stone surrounded by (probably) cabochon rubies with small diamonds in-between in a flower setting.
Along with it, she wears her modern diamond bar brooch and a necklace of large natural pearls which I believe belonged to Queen Viktoria originally:

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/2508/screenshot487i.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom