Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Louise's tiara

Hi Countess Felicitas. I'm not sure that a picture of Queen Louise's tiara by itself actually exists. But if you review the thread on Swedish jewels, the tiara is now the property of Princess Desiree. Although she has in the past borrowed the Baden Fringe (for the pre-wedding festivities of the King and Queen) and the Amethyst tiara (for the 1980 Nobel ceremonies), Queen Louise's tiara is now only worn by her.

In many of the pictures the tiara appears small, but it is actually substantial in size, it is usually just hidden in her rather bouffant hairstyle. The tiara itself consists of all diamonds rising from the ends to a central point almost in a triangle shape. Between the top and bottom rows of the tiara are diamond scrolls decreasing in size as they reach the edges. Queen Louise wore the tiara low on her forehead (between her eyebrows and hairline) as was the style of the time. I have only seen one photo of her wearing it. As she was rather young, I believe it was before she married and became Crown Princess of Sweden.

Hope you understand my description. Have a great day!

Rascal

So my plea again - anybody has a picture or a link to the Princess Louise tiara? Thanks so much. :flowers:

...and one more -
Princess Désirée wearing the tiara at King Harald of Norway's 70th birthday gala three years ago:

ANP Beeldbank

:previous:
A clearer picture of the tiara...
-> Princess Désirée 1995

Hi, Warren. Thanks for the pic. This may be slightly off-topic but is in regards to the brooch Princess Desiree wears in this photo. The center stone looks pink to me. Is it possibly borrowed from the pink topaz collection of the Swedish house or is it her own personal brooch?

Thanks in advance for any info and thank you again for the picture.

Rascal

:previous:
Yes, the Imageshack pic isn't very clear but that's the Braganza tiara.

You are correct, Queen Silvia has a very large personal collection of pearls.
There is a complete set of black pearls, one of grey pearls, two sets of multi-colored pastel pearls...
Princess Sibylla's two-row necklace, Queen Josefina's three-row necklace, the necklace from the first Bernadotte King of large oriental pearls, Qheen Viktoria's one-row necklace of grasuated pearls...
...a shorter three-row necklace, a twisted pearl and garnet necklace, a twisted necklace of strings in different sizes, plus several necklaces of one row in different length... etc. -
That would be a lot to post, really.
Let's see what happens. ;)

:wacko: Gee, I thought I had counted 11 pearl necklaces when you said that there are also several other necklaces of one row... So, I quit! :D Hard task, but thanks for your reply! :flowers:

I am wondering if someone knows where the big pearls that once could be on the Leuchtenberg tiara are today, are they still in the kings possesion? Would have been a nice bridal tiara for Victoria in my opinion

I am wondering if someone knows where the big pearls that once could be on the Leuchtenberg tiara are today, are they still in the kings possesion? Would have been a nice bridal tiara for Victoria in my opinion
No, the pearls are not in the King's possession anymore.
Unfortunately, the eleven upstanding drop pearl spikes which could originally replace the sapphires in the tiara were inherited by a side branch of the family and used as necklace pendants.
I always thought that it would be a very smart (and savvy) idea to acquire new drop pearls to use in the tiara and thus re-create its alternative version.
The settings for the pearl spikes still exist behind the sapphires, and a pearl and diamond tiara is one of the few things which are currently missing from the Bernadotte collection.

Perfect choice! The Braganza tiara is absolutely appropriate for the CP wedding, and the pink topas suite is great with the dress.

So perfect! Matched her dress and matched the flowers, perfect size, perfect glitter-ness.

I also think Silvia's choice was perfect. Her jewels looked so magnificent. The tiara is very impressive and would often be too much, but for the occasion it was just perfect!

Gorgeous! I'm glad that she wore that tiara, is so beautiful :wub: Pink topaz parue suits well with the dress. Brawo :D

The Queen made the best possible choice yesterday. The Braganza tiara and the pink topaz parure looked magnificent on her and also matched the pink gown perfectly!! :)

Queen Silvia's gown was certainly made to wear with the Russian pink topaz suite, and the fabric and lace dyed exactly in the same shade as the stones.

She wore both brooches of the pink topaz suite - the large corsage brooch on her shoulder, and the smaller brooch on the sash in her back.
Here's a nice back view:
http://www.profimedia.cz/image/detail/0072101967

As for the Braganza tiara, it's the first time she wore it with open hair, which worked surprisingly well (...though I have no idea how this large tiara stayed in place so impeccably).

:previous: I can imagine :lol:. Queen Beatrix once said she prefers wearing small tiaras, because the lage ones cause major headaches. ;)

According to Court Jeweler Bolin in an interview which he gave to Swedish mag SDT a few months ago, the Braganza tiara is actually lighter to wear than people tend to think - which surprised me as well.
A piece like the heavy-set Nine Prong tiara appears to be more uncomfortable to wear in reality, also because the Braganza is almost a closed circlet which distributes the weight more evenly than a tiara which graduates more, is higher in the front and heaviest right above the forehead.

Good side view of Queen Silvia at the wedding wearing this 'Wall of diamonds':

Photobank CTK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom