Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boris thank you su much

The first tiara she wore was the Connaught tiara at the pre wedding event june 1976
at the wedding she wore the Cameo Tiara june 1976
The first official photo was of her with the Braganza tiara 1976
The nineprog tiara was first worn by silvia at the state visit from the Netherlands 1976 as were the Leuchtenberg sapphires
The ruby tiara/necklace was worn by Silvia for the first time at the Danish wedding 1995, she has however worn it as a necklace one in 1987
Six Botton Dimond tiara was worn first in 2004 by Silvia, the only tiara that her doughters wore before her

Braganza tiara was for the first time in Silvia’s lifetime worn outside of Sweden 2007 in Denmark

the emerald necklace with a history
i do like that necklace.
is there any possibility to put it on a fam and make it as a tiara
from ibl
http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/FotoWeb...A725EF9625E20BA945C3F7A5842F507D2C50F0873DBCE

i do have a notion that its to big and one cant remove part of the necklace

Last edited by a moderator:
About ten years ago, Queen Silvia already had the Bernadotte emerald necklace shortened by removing one or two of the emerald and diamond clusters in the back.
Josefine’s picture from 1987 shows the original version, and here’s one from 1998 with the shorter necklace for comparison:

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

In theory, I guess it would be entirely possible to put it on a frame and use it as a tiara - in a very similar way how the amethyst necklace was converted by Queen Silvia into a tiara.

Boris i just loved all the information you posted on the queens pearl jewllery (and thanks to all that have posted there)

for other who want to read about them and see photos posted by Boris and other go to RJWMB!
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Queen Silvia & pearls

we got to see the Leuchtenberg tiara last night
this is from ibl
http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/FotoWeb...20F49939373E3B8C5E70E53170B3B2D9E3439FBBF4699

http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/FotoWeb...20F49939373E3B8C5E70E53170B3B2D9E3439FBBF4699

at the doyal dinner last night she wore the nine prog tiara with the emerald necklace
i really like that necklace.....
i do think she needs a tiara with some emeralds in it

how does the Bernadotte foundation work in practise.

This is a lovely tiara.

Wish for swedish emeralds

That would be great with an emeraldtiara, since the former swedish one went to Norway. It´s lovely to see the princesses wearing jewellery. Some years ago it was only the queen, p Lilian and p Christina. I agree that it´s a bit boring to see p Madeleine in the same tiara all the time. I wonder what tiara the future wife of p Carl-Philip will wear. I think we can hope for a new one.

I think p Carl-Philip will inherit p Lilians tiara when that day comes.

I read somewhere that Victoria is to get it--but I can't back it up offhand!

There is no way of telling who might inherit or wear Princess Lilian's diamond laurel leaf tiara (originally Crown Princess Margaret's) before she passes away.
It's most probably going to become part of the Bernadotte foundation anyway.

Well, it's late and toward the end of the first set for Tsonga & Verdasco (Aussie Open). And since they are so evenly matched, I am doing some background research on some jewels. I found this and would like to add the following (my additions in bold):

The six button tiara might be the only one worn by Princess Madeleine, Princess Lilian, CP Victoria and Queen Silvia.

Don't forget Princess Birgitta, Boris. She wore the 6-Button to the King's 60th birthday celebrations. That makes five living Swedish royal women who have worn that tiara. (Make that 6 - it has also since been worn by Princess Christina. That leaves only Princesses Margaretha & Desiree as living Swedish Royals who have not worn this piece)

Here's who has worn the others:

Baden Fringe Tiara- Silvia, Lillian, Victoria, Desiree, Christina. (Perhaps someone who has access to more archival photos or maybe is more familiar with the early part of King Carl XVI Gustaf's reign could advise - but didn't Princess Margaretha and her husband John Ambler attend some or all of the events at his first state visit to England, which would make sense because they lived there. And, if my memory is correct, Princess Margaretha wore the Baden Fringe Tiara. This state visit was before HM married Silvia Sommerlath.)
Braganca Diamond - Silvia (I think only the queen may wear this one).
Connaught Forget-Me-Not - Silvia, Desiree, Christina. (I had a picture saved on a crashed hard-drive. Princess Lilian has also worn this tiara on at least one occasion)
Aquamarine Bandeau - Madeleine, Silvia, Christina.
4-Button-Victoria, Margaretha, Birgitta, Desiree, Christina.
Cameo Tiara-Silvia, Birgitta, Desiree. (maybe soon Victoria, Madeleine, & Emma?)
King Carl XVI Gustaf Fringe-Silvia, Madeleine, Victoria (only as a necklace).
King Edward VII Ruby-Silvia, Countess Marianne Bernadotte (as a necklace).
Leuchtenberg Sapphire-Silvia, Birgitta.
Napoleonic Cut-Steel - Silvia, Christina, Victoria. (Princess Lilian also wore this a few times in the early 1990s - at least once to a Nobel ceremony).
Queen Josephine's Amethysts-Silvia, Victoria, Christina, Margaretha. (I don't know if it was a Nobel ceremony, state dinner, or some other event, but there s a picture of Princess Desiree seated at a banquet table - probably late 1980s or early 1990s - wearing the redesigned necklace as a tiara. In the photo her hair is down, as usual.)
Queen Louise's Diamond Tiara-Desiree, Margaretha, Christina.
Queen Sophie's Nine-Prong-Silvia, Lillian, Margaretha.

I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anyone, unless someone is still alive that I am unaware of.

Mapper

Great shot by Tsonga, gotta go watch the tie-break! Have a great day or night to all!

Rascal ;)

Thank you Rascal for the info...
is there any photos of the kinds visit to england out there

the aquamarine bandeau would look so small on the queen

i have been thinking if silvia will be a "änke drottning" Queen downger
wonder if She will use the big tiaras that in many eayes are the queens tiaras.
my thoughts are that she will use som eof them but not the Braganca Diamond tiara. it may also be to heavy for a older person....

http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/multimedia/dynamic/00313/Lilian_9_lilian-84__313297j.jpg
from aftonbladet
lilian in the cut steel tiara

Thank you Rascal for your additions to the list of 'Who wore which tiara'.
All your additions are correct - you must have a great photo archive!
The one I wouldn't be able to confirm myself is the Baden fringe tiara on Princess Margaretha during the state visit to Great Britain. It would be great indeed if someone could come up with a pic of it.
Two more correction to the list:
- Marianne Bernadotte did wear the Edward VII ruby tiara for the state banquet welcoming Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Sweden in 1983.
- Queen Silvia has never worn the aquamarine bandeau.

Perhaps she and Victoria could share the big pieces if the King would die before Silvia.

Thanks for the post of Lilian in the cut-steel tiara, Josefine. This is the Nobel ceremony, IIRC. Do you know what year this was?

Do you know what year this was?
1985 i think

what about the cut steel tiara when was the first time she wore that one.
what tiaras does she where for official photos...

The cut steel tiara was first worn by Queen Silvia for the return dinner of the state visit to Austria, November 1979.
I don't remember her wearing anything but the Braganca tiara for the most official photos, and a couple of times the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara.

Here's the link to a rare pic of Queen Silvia wearing the cut steel tiara for the very first time in public: With the Austrian Presidential couple in Vienna, November 1979.
I never was able to figure out which necklace she's wearing here - it's not one of the Bernadotte diamond collet necklaces, and of course not the choker which matches the tiara:

http://arkiv.sjobergbild.se/fotoweb...E186D411A378151632932522251967959DFB7DD87E2F6

wow a tresure of photos....
if you search for marianne and bernadotte one can see her in a few tiaras

Yes, they have quite a few rare pics, but you have to be careful because most of their photo captions have errors.
Among others, here's the last time Marianne Bernadotte wote the Edward VII ruby tiara as a tiara (she wore it a few times as necklace later), before it went back to the King and started to be worn by Queen Silvia.
It was the Stockholm Palace banquet during the state visit of Queen Elizabeth II. in 1983 (as I mentioned before), and Marianne Bernadotte did NOT wear it well, IMO:

http://arkiv.sjobergbild.se/fotoweb...B3501055EDE4AA2921C389C8F3EFBE272072AA42B4CAA

It was very nice to see the Bernadotte emeralds again at the first 'representation gala' of the year last week.
For whatever reason, Queen Silvia doesn't wear this particular set very often - the last time was in spring 2007 during the state visit to Sweden.

That is a gorgeous emerald necklace, any closer photo?

Here's one, from a state visit from Italy to Sweden in 1999:

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

The Bernadotte emeralds used to be worn as a belt of the gala uniform of the first Bernadotte King, former Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte.
They were later set as a necklace, and the belt's clasp became the matching brooch of the set.

Boris & Josefine, thank you both for your suggestions. I linked to the Fotoweb site and searched "Bernadotte" and came up with many pages of this family.

HOORAY! While going through the results, I was able to find a pic from the 1960s with Desiree (not Silvia) wearing the small aquamarine bandeau now worn by Madeleine. In addition, I found a 1983 pic with Lilian wearing the Connaught Forget-me-not tiara. Harald is behind her and Bertil is wearing a Norwegian order, so it might be from a state visit? The pic showing Desiree wearing the amethyst tiara is labeled as being from the 1980 Nobel ceremony. The only one I could not find was the state visit to England that shows Margaretha in the background wearing the Baden Fringe. But it may turn up sometime.

NEW REQUEST: Also while going through, I found a pic which is not a closeup but shows Lilian wearing what I believe is the 4-button tiara. If I am correct, this would be the only time that I have ever seen her wearing it. I would like to post a link to the picture but I am unfamiliar with how to accomplish this. Could you please assist by letting me know how and/or if anyone can confirm that Lilian has worn the 4-button I would greatly appreciate it. (I love researching that turns up a new mystery/question!) THANKS!

Has the photo of silvia wearing the Connaught tiara as a necklace been posted here? i trie dto look but could not find it..

Thanks Boris!! Love the matching brooch!!

I don't recall seeing it on this thread, Josefine. But I have seen it within the last week with all my searching. You might try on the Fotoweb site, I spent a lot of time there in the last couple of days. I know that the pic has to be from the early 1990s or at least the late 1980s. Does anyone know if Silvia has worn the Connaught tiara as a necklace other than this occasion? Also, I know that Sibylla wore the pendants as earrings like Madeleine recently did. Has Silvia ever done so or used the pendants by themselves on a chain like Madde and Victoria have both done?

Has the photo of silvia wearing the Connaught tiara as a necklace been posted here? i trie dto look but could not find it..

Here's the pic of Princess Lilian wearing the four button/rosette tiara:

http://arkiv.sjobergbild.se/fotoweb/Preview.fwx?position=10&archiveType=ImageFolder&sorting=ModifiedTimeAsc&search=prinsessan%20and%20lilian&fileId=777F67F6A1259151DB9A2D0757D789C094CF295CE0AD7F608DC0516F7CE3FF713830D5A2C76E4F6F86DD945CFBCA3C2E9EAD9E8D202F8E4FA5823F6C1A1BB03267DB531E813D95804678443E1BCD17CB70C3D85144B23C3E57F561BB6AB64DAA86C2854192E1617973AEDDB83EF2BFFFAC9658A3802E01DE26DCCF7005CE73574EC4C38D3986CC1C28E7B1902388BFB3

Lilian has worn it but not frequently, preferring the six button/rosette tiara. On this pic, she's also wearing her pearl choker with its large diamond center and a diamond collet necklace below.
The four rosettes tiara is the only tiara from the Bernadotte jewelry 'pool' (not counting the pieces which belong personally to the ladies) which Queen Silvia has never worn. Smart move!
Rascal, in order to post a link to a picture you can simple copy the direct link to pictures which are already available on the Net from your browser and then paste the link into your message here.

The one and only time Queen Silvia wore the Connaught tiara as necklace was during a state visit to Lithuania in October 1992.
I'm always hoping to see her one day wear the two convertible CP Margaret wedding gifts from her British relatives together: The Connaught and the Edward VII ruby tiara, in whichever tiara/necklace combination. Their similar romantic style would be a perfect match and a beautiful sight.
Queen Silvia has never worn the tiara's pendants on a necklace or as earrings.

The brooch on the necklace is a pendant from the Bernadotte collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom