Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I found the photo, thank you. Maybe you should put the event on the caption. Also, Margrethe's 70th and 60th birthday celebrations had 2 tiara events. Maybe there was another tiara she wore.

Also I think you are missing this photo of the Cut Steel tiara in your collection.

oops, you're right! I have it, but for some reason forgot to add it to that post!

I found so many new photos after posting those and everything got all mangled, lol.

Yes I found the photo, thank you. Maybe you should put the event on the caption. Also, Margrethe's 70th and 60th birthday celebrations had 2 tiara events. Maybe there was another tiara she wore.

Well, it could be hard to find pictures of the Queen at the performance at the Royal Theatre in connection for Queen Margrethe's 70th birthday. The King and Queen arrived late due to the volcano on Iceland. But if we are lucky we could find some (badly) screenshots of the Queen. She wore the Leuchtenberg Sapphires with her red Yuki dress. For the dinner at Fredensborg she wore the Modern Fringe Tiara.

For Queen Margrethe's 60th birthday we saw a pic of the Queen with the Nine Prong Tiara for the dinner. At the performance at the Royal Theatre she wore the Connaught Tiara.

Well, it could be hard to find pictures of the Queen at the performance at the Royal Theatre in connection for Queen Margrethe's 70th birthday. The King and Queen arrived late due to the volcano on Iceland. But if we are lucky we could find some (badly) screenshots of the Queen. She wore the Leuchtenberg Sapphires with her red Yuki dress. For the dinner at Fredensborg she wore the Modern Fringe Tiara.
"Badly screenshot" is quite the word for it :flowers:: http://s1.postimg.org/i1wvs6zqn/Silvia_Leuchtenberg.jpg

For Queen Margrethe's 60th birthday we saw a pic of the Queen with the Nine Prong Tiara for the dinner. At the performance at the Royal Theatre she wore the Connaught Tiara.

We were discussing the 1990 birthday celebrations, but thank you for mentioning the theater performance for her 70th. I never even realized I didn't have a photo of Silvia. I will begin looking for video of Silvia at the event.

I've updated the tiara posts on my tumblr, except for the Connaught, Prong, and Sapphire. But I'm working on it!

eta: so far all of the videos of the gala don't show any of the non-Danish royals.

Last edited:
There is also an offical pic where she weara the Connaught tiara with the pink topaz demi Parue and the same blue-mulitcoloured gown then in Part 4 of the Connaught tiara. (where she wears it with the emerald necklace). Don't know the date of the pic but my guess is that it is from the late 70's early 80's.

There is also an offical pic where she weara the Connaught tiara with the pink topaz demi Parue and the same blue-mulitcoloured gown then in Part 4 of the Connaught tiara. (where she wears it with the emerald necklace). Don't know the date of the pic but my guess is that it is from the late 70's early 80's.

yeah, I have that. I'm just trying to get all of my dates in order and then I'll be updating the Connaught, Sapphire, and Prong today.

sorry for the double post.

I don't think the 1990 birthday celebrations of Margrethe had two tiara events. Scanpix has two photos from a non-tiara dinner at the palace that they label as being from Daisy's birthday in 1990: http://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview....ch.previewNumResults=2&search.tabId=editorial

I have finally updated Silvia's tiaras on my tumblr and I have dated as many photos as I could. There are still a few that I don't have a date or event for.

6-Button Tiara
Baden Fringe Tiara
Braganza Tiara (Part 2)
Cameo Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3)
Connaught Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6) (Part 7) (Part 8)
Cut Steel Tiara
Edward VII Ruby Tiara
Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5)
Modern Fringe Tiara
Nine Prong Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6) (Part 7) (Part 8) (Part 9)
Queen Josephine's Amethyst Tiara (Part 2)

I don't think the 1990 birthday celebrations of Margrethe had two tiara events. Scanpix has two photos from a non-tiara dinner at the palace that they label as being from Daisy's birthday in 1990: Forhåndsvisning | Scanpix

I have finally updated Silvia's tiaras on my tumblr and I have dated as many photos as I could. There are still a few that I don't have a date or event for.

Modern Fringe Tiara

The sixth photo with the Modern Fringe tiara is from the wedding of baroness Christina-Louise Silfverschiöld and baron Hans de Geer, 11th September 1999.
https://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010050011S14204421431832879

According to the photo text this photo is from the silver wedding of Anne-Marie and Constantine. What is that at the queen's head?
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the photo text this photo is from the silver wedding of Anne-Marie and Constantine. What is that at the queen's head?
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Looks like she's wearing a necklace or stomacher on her head as a tiara.

I also wonder what she is wearing on her head at her silver anniversary:

Pic

This was discussed in either this thread or the previous one. She apparently spray-painted leaves silver to wear as a tiara.

Looks like she's wearing a necklace or stomacher on her head as a tiara.

This was discussed in either this thread or the previous one. She apparently spray-painted leaves silver to wear as a tiara.
Wow, she doesn't mess around! :p I love how she plays with the jewelry. (Note the matching leaf on the king!)

This is a Silver Wedding Tiara- they are popular in Germany. Here is what one might look like up close. https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/mor...lry/victorian-silver-wedding-tiara/id-j_3366/

And an explanation, "In Germany, fabric myrtle and leaf garlands were traditionally worn at weddings; intricate silver tiaras were worn to celebrate a couple’s 25th anniversary; and golden tiaras, such as the piece shown here, were worn for the fiftieth anniversary, with a matching boutonnière for the groom."

Last edited:
Here is a photo of Queen Silvia wearing the ruby tiara as a necklace in 1988:

Pic

I think she should wear this not only as a tiara, but as a necklace more often. I would also love if she wore the Connaught tiara as a necklace frequently as well.

Here is a photo of Queen Silvia wearing the ruby tiara as a necklace in 1988:

Pic

I think she should wear this not only as a tiara, but as a necklace more often. I would also love if she wore the Connaught tiara as a necklace frequently as well.

Yes she wears it rarely and almost never to high profile events but i belive it is out of respect for Countess Marianne Bernadotte of Wisborg, Widow of the uncle of the King, Count Sigvard Bernadotte of Wisborg. When she has passed away i belive we will see it more often and not only at Silvia.

There are few royal jewels that there have been so much "lighting and thunder" about as about the Connaught Ruby Tiara/Necklase. Many swedes remember how much Count Sigvard fought to get this tiara back and most swedes sympatized with him and thought the King treated him very badly despite that it was clear that the Tiara/Necklase legally belonged to the King.

Sigvard sold the Tiara/Necklase to his father King Gustaf VI Adolf when he was short of money and thought that they had an agreement that Sigvard would buy it back when he could afford it. The (former) King disagreed about that and left the Tiara/Necklase in his will to Sigvards son Count Michael Bernadotte of Wisborg who sold it to our current King. Hence the "thunderstorm".

Yes she wears it rarely and almost never to high profile events but i belive it is out of respect for Countess Marianne Bernadotte of Wisborg, Widow of the uncle of the King, Count Sigvard Bernadotte of Wisborg. When she has passed away i belive we will see it more often and not only at Silvia.

What is the story behind it?

Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-

I told it below that text. A very infected argumentation with his uncle Count Sigvard Bernadotte of Wisborg over who the tiara belonged to. A few of my colleagues in a Church in Stockholm knew Sigvard and he often said that my Tiara is stolen and the thiefs who should be prosecuted is my nephew and his wife.

Last edited:
Has Silvia really not worn the Cameo tiara since 2007? I know she prefers the Connaught and Prong over the other tiaras, but I'd like her to mix it up more often.

Has Silvia really not worn the Cameo tiara since 2007? I know she prefers the Connaught and Prong over the other tiaras, but I'd like her to mix it up more often.

I don't think she has. It has definitely not been used by anyone since Victorias wedding (though the other parts of the cameo parure has).

Does anyone think it would be disrespectful if Victoria wore the tiara at the wedding?

Yes the last time she wore the tiara was on a visit to Austria in November 2007.

Does anyone think it would be disrespectful if Victoria wore the tiara at the wedding ? [/URL].

I don't think the Cameo Tiara will be used on 13:th June unless the bride herself uses it. That Tiara is so strongly connected with swedish royal weddings that it would (in my eyes) take the attention away from the bride (and groom) if a guest used it.

If Silvia don't uses the Sapphire Parure on that day i'd like to see her use the Emerald Demi Parure paired with the Nine Prong Tiara or the Connaught Diamond Tiara. If the dresscode is formal morning dress i'd like to see her wear one of the tiaras as a necklase.

Last edited:
I don't think the Cameo Tiara will be used on 13:th June unless the bride herself uses it. That Tiara is so strongly connected with swedish royal weddings that it would (in my eyes) take the attention away from the bride (and groom) if a guest used it.

If Silvia don't uses the Sapphire Parure on that day i'd like to see her use the Emerald Demi Parure paired with the Nine Prong Tiara or the Connaught Diamond Tiara. If the dresscode is formal morning dress i'd like to see her wear one of the tiaras as a necklase.

I was talking about if Victoria wore the ruby tiara.

Ok i misunderstood you. Read too fast. Sorry.

I have no idea about that. If you ask me i don't think it will be used at all at the wedding. I guess she'll wear one of her main tiaras. But i would love if she did use it.

Last edited:
I don't think that Victoria would wear the ruby tiara for this year's wedding. Countess Marianne will be invited and there really is no need to parade the tiara in front of her nose. Besides Victoria now has the tiara of another great-aunt, Lilian. I think she will wear the laurel tiara again as a tribute to a beloved family member who can't partissipate in this family event any more.

It seems that Silvia now uses the ruby tiara more often than the cameo. I counted six appearance since 2006 while she has worn the cameo only once in that period. But she seemed to prefer it at more low profile events during the last few years.

It seems that Silvia now uses the ruby tiara more often than the cameo. I counted six appearance since 2006 while she has worn the cameo only once in that period. But she seemed to prefer it at more low profile events during the last few years.

The ruby tiara was worn mostly for State Visits. it seems she has started to wear it more often after the death of Count Sigvard in 2002.
As for the Cameo tiara i think she has not worn it for ages because it is always high on the list as possible Wedding tiara. Lets hope after Carl Philip's Wedding she will start to wear it again. Or loan it to Victoria for some big Events.

I don't think that Victoria would wear the ruby tiara for this year's wedding. Countess Marianne will be invited and there really is no need to parade the tiara in front of her nose. Besides Victoria now has the tiara of another great-aunt, Lilian. I think she will wear the laurel tiara again as a tribute to a beloved family member who can't partissipate in this family event any more.

I would like to see the Laurel again or Lilian's other tiara that she left Victoria, more than anything else. Or I'd like to see Victoria in the Connaught.

As for the Cameo, it does seem to have fallen on Silvia's list, but she does have access to 10 tiaras. She wore the Cameo twice in 2007, which were the last times she wore it. Compared to the 6 times since then that she's worn the Ruby, she does seem to prefer the Ruby, but it's still low on the list as well. She certainly likes the Connaught and Nine Prong the most.

I'd like to see Silvia wear either the Sapphire or the Cameo (if the bride won't be wearing that one) for CP's wedding. I wouldn't be surprised to see her in the Prong tiara again though.

I don't think the 1990 birthday celebrations of Margrethe had two tiara events. Scanpix has two photos from a non-tiara dinner at the palace that they label as being from Daisy's birthday in 1990: Forhåndsvisning | Scanpix

6-Button Tiara
Baden Fringe Tiara
Braganza Tiara (Part 2)
Cameo Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3)
Connaught Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6) (Part 7) (Part 8)
Cut Steel Tiara
Edward VII Ruby Tiara
Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5)
Modern Fringe Tiara
Nine Prong Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6) (Part 7) (Part 8) (Part 9)
Queen Josephine's Amethyst Tiara (Part 2)

I think this photo was taken from the same day as the 1977 Nobel Prizes. Here are the rest of the photos.

Interesting that she has used the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara and earrings during recent state visits to Finland. As there will likely be a new state visit to Finland this fall it will be interesting to see if she uses it again. Don't think she'll use that Tiara to both the wedding and a state visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom