Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to find every single time Silvia wore the Braganza tiara. So far I have found 17:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

I would appreciate if someone found additional photos, if there is any. :flowers:

I found another photo of Silvia wearing the tiara.

Pic

So this is what I have for you before I go to bed. I will look for more in the morning. I have identified your photos by which occasion they were taken at. I have a file of these photos on my old computer and can get them on Wednesday. Also, Silvia wears this tiara strictly for inside Sweden events. The only time she broke that rule was in 2007 to go to Denmark.

4. Official Photo from I think 2010

11. Same as 4

Actually they are not the same. Photo 4 is from an official photo that was released in 2011 or 2012. Photo 11 was an official photo for the King's 60th birthday in 2006.

If there are no more photos, Queen Silvia wore the Braganza tiara 18 times.

I found another photo of Silvia wearing the tiara.

Pic

Actually they are not the same. Photo 4 is from an official photo that was released in 2011 or 2012. Photo 11 was an official photo for the King's 60th birthday in 2006.

If there are no more photos, Queen Silvia wore the Braganza tiara 18 times.

14 & 15 are the same event, just flipped.

Sorry I got confused. Thank you for the correction. If I am correct, Queen Silvia wore the Braganza 17 times. :)

It's always great to see the Cameo jewels. I don't like the brooch in her hair however. I assume it's been a long time since she last worn them. If this was a tiara event, I think she would have worn the Cameo tiara for the first time in 7 years.

I agree, it looks silly in her hair!

Even though it's primarily worn by Victoria, I would love to see Silvia wear the Baden Fringe tiara again. The last time she wore it was in 2001. I wonder why she never wore it to the Nobel Prizes.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Edward VII Ruby Tiara

I absolutely love this beautiful tiara. I just love the rubies and the motifs that looks like hearts. I think it has a medieval style that I find interesting. I also love it as a necklace. This tiara is stunning, regal, romantic, and simply magnificent.

I so agree with you, I *love* rubies and diamonds together, and red being my favorite color, they are perfect together. And this tiara is one of my favorites, the design is very ornate and really says, *hey look at me*, I would hope she wears it again soon.:)

I agree that Queen Silvia should wear the ruby tiara more often. It is clearly under-used. (And the nine-prongs can do with a break from time to time.)

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Edward VII Ruby Tiara

I absolutely love this beautiful tiara. I just love the rubies and the motifs that looks like hearts. I think it has a medieval style that I find interesting. I also love it as a necklace. This tiara is stunning, regal, romantic, and simply magnificent.

This is a lovely tiara, but I can see why, in its current form, it can be quite challenging to make it work.

Silvia is not really known for playing around and redoing her jewellery, but could I suggest the following alterations:

> Put on a slightly wider frame so it appears to be less of a circlet
> Alter the three high "lollipops" to loose a little height. Could be achieved by altering the base, and perhaps, reducing the height of the arches on the base on which the lollipops are attached
> Raising the height of the scroll elements between the lollipops. Again, this may be best executed by altering he base accordingly.
> If executed well, you may end up with a tiara where the variation is heights is a little less than it currently is, and is a bit easier to use, all without destroying the essential "fabric" of the tiara.

Your comments and critique of my suggestions would be very welcome.

Last edited:
This would be a great surprise it CP Victoria would wear the Ruby Tiara at the Nobels...... if not, then Queen Silvia at the second Nobel day...
BYe Bine

This is a lovely tiara, but I can see why, in its current form, it can be quite challenging to make it work.

Silvia is not really known for playing around and redoing her jewellery, but could I suggest the following alterations:

> Put on a slightly wider frame so it appears to be less of a circlet
> Alter the three high "lollipops" to loose a little height. Could be achieved by altering the base, and perhaps, reducing the height of the arches on the base on which the lollipops are attached
> Raising the height of the scroll elements between the lollipops. Again, this may be best executed by altering he base accordingly.
> If executed well, you may end up with a tiara where the variation is heights is a little less than it currently is, and is a bit easier to use, all without destroying the essential "fabric" of the tiara.

Your comments and critique of my suggestions would be very welcome.
I think that a wider frame could be easily made and would clearly improve the appearance of the tiara.
But I don’t see that the other changes you propose can be done without unbalancing the rather complex design.

Great HQ photos, the court published today new official photos/postcards, which are on sale at the Royal Gifts shops. You can see the details of the jewellery. Photographer Anna-Lena Ahlström.
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/10/U1417787860155488_3.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/10/U1417787860155488_2.jpg
Same dress and jewels as for the Representation Dinner in March. I think that they must have been made them then.
The portrait with the grey background is not to my taste. It looks too artificial, imho.

Great to have this photos in HQ
but these hewllet we have seen up close in HQ photos before

I hoped she would wear the sapphire tiara tonight. They are absolutely amazing!

Queen Silvia's tiara appearances of 2014:

1 2 3 4 5

I am surprised (and glad) that she only wore the Nine Prong tiara only once this year.

1 2 3 4 5

I am surprised (and glad) that she only wore the Nine Prong tiara only once this year.
Maybe someone told her that we were complaining? If that person may kindly inform HM that we'd like to see the cameo parure and the ruby tiara more often:p.

Maybe this has been brought up before in which case I apologize for asking again, but..
Does anyone know anything about the sapphire ring that Queen Silvia almost always wear on her right hand? And what about the ruby ring that she wears with her engagement ring and wedding ring?

http://www.newscom.com/nc/displayOp...eo=Y&searchText=N&searchGraphics=Y&searchkey=[]&sort=d&searchSet=no&searchSetName=&searchHZ=Y&searchVT=Y&rm=&rf=&daterng=&searchtype=newsearch

1 2 3 4 5

I'm guessing its either Queen Maxima or Queen Silvia who tops the poll for most tiara appearances for 2014!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom