The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

The brooches is clearly different, but I think that Boris also show close up from another brooch
Brooch from the funeral is bigger and it is gold flower(lily) with pearl on it

Old 05-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

She also wore the lily at the funeral of Sigvard Bernadotte.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is a photo of the rings she usually wears. This is the best shot of her engagement ring that I have seen.

Pic

I love her engagement ring! It's very beautiful, timeless, and elegant. The ruby ring is beautiful, I wonder what the story behind it is.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Silvia has worn this combination of three rings on a daily basis for about ten years – her diamond engagement ring, wedding ring, and the ring with central ruby flanked by two diamonds. Would love to know its special meaning too.
Also in this pic, a favourite ring with a sapphire surrounded by two rows of diamonds, frequently seen on her right hand:
http://s9.postimage.org/xh5d7nh0f/Silvia_rings_1.jpg

Closer view of the sapphire ring:
http://s9.postimage.org/3rs6faxun/Screenshot_saphr.jpg

By the way, another piece with a special meaning has suddenly gone:
Her Cartier ‘Love Bracelet’ in yellow gold, which she has worn daily on her right wrist for every occasion since the year 1981, disappeared a few weeks ago...
Old 05-15-2012, 04:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the pic Boris. The sapphire ring is beautiful!
Old 05-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Silvia at the Diamond Jubilee Lunch for Elizabeth II, wearing a new brooch with her yellow gold and diamond set which dates back to the mid-1980s:

http://s14.postimage.org/4m1mvdsu9/Screenshot_1.jpg
Old 05-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Queen Silvia at the Diamond Jubilee Lunch for Elizabeth II, wearing a new brooch with her yellow gold and diamond set which dates back to the mid-1980s:

http://s14.postimage.org/4m1mvdsu9/Screenshot_1.jpg

I notice the brooch , but didn't know if it's new .Thanks for the information, Boris
Old 05-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Silvia at the Jubilee Banquet in England wearing diamonds and sapphires or just diamonds?

http://i50.tinypic.com/xbahid.jpg
Old 05-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Queen Silvia at the Jubilee Banquet in England wearing diamonds and sapphires or just diamonds?

http://i50.tinypic.com/xbahid.jpg
I think it's just diamonds
I think that is a same set of necklace and earnings that she was wearing at Nobel Prize 2011
Old 05-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post

I notice the brooch , but didn't know if it's new .Thanks for the information, Boris
Could someome please tell me about Queen Silvia's necklace?
Old 05-19-2012, 03:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by joye View Post
Could someome please tell me about Queen Silvia's necklace?
I guess you are referring to the necklace worn at the jubilee lunch?
As I mentioned before, Queen Silvia has had it since the mid-1980s; part of a set including matching earrings and bracelet, in yellow gold with pavé-set lozenge-shaped diamond centre.

Close up:
http://s7.postimage.org/fzwe1st2j/Screenshot_61.jpg
Old 05-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Aristocracy

Thankyou. It is a pretty piece.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

For the christening of Princess Estelle, Queen Silvia wore the most historic pearls from the Bernadotte collection:
The oriental pearl necklace and the drop pearl and diamond earrings were originally part of the collection of King Carl XIV Johan aka Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte, the dynasty's first King.
IMO their luster complemented the powdery pastel of Queen Silvia's outfit to great effect.

Close up:
http://s18.postimage.org/y0db0c6k9/x610.jpg
Old 05-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Those pearls also complement the overall retro look of the Queen's outfit as well with the lace, the color and the seed pearls on her cloche-type hat. They're astoundingly large and lustrous; those teardrop earrings are just amazing. Thanks for posting and for the information, Boris.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
For the christening of Princess Estelle, Queen Silvia wore the most historic pearls from the Bernadotte collection:
The oriental pearl necklace and the drop pearl and diamond earrings were originally part of the collection of King Carl XIV Johan aka Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte, the dynasty's first King.
IMO their luster complemented the powdery pastel of Queen Silvia's outfit to great effect.

Close up:
http://s18.postimage.org/y0db0c6k9/x610.jpg

Thanks Boris for this great information
Queen Silvia always pay attention to tradition and to the event. Beautiful set of pearls
Old 05-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Majesty

it looked great, i cant complain
Old 05-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Boris, what do you call the brooches the 3 Swedish royal ladies are wearing. (Im stupid today)
Old 05-22-2012, 11:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well it's NOT a family order in the Swedish case, it's simply a clasp or agraffe or a miniature, with the King's portrait in a diamond frame on the ice blue ribbon of the Order Of The Seraphim.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Gentry

Normally in media coverege here in Sweden the commentators say that the portrait of the king shows that they are a ladies of the royal household and that they are on "duty" when they have it. Think they mean that it marks that it is à state event and not à private one
Old 05-24-2012, 01:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Well it's NOT a family order in the Swedish case, it's simply a clasp or agraffe or a miniature, with the King's portrait in a diamond frame on the ice blue ribbon of the Order Of The Seraphim.
You are right that it's not an official family order, but it's considered as an inofficial one. The Swedish name is Kungens miniatyrporträtt (The king's miniature portrait) and there are at the moment eight ladies who are entitled to wear it: queen Siliva, crown princess Victoria, princess Madeleine, princess Lilian, and the king's sisters Margaretha, Birgitta, Désirée and Christina, I would guess that the four later ones have it with their grandfather's, Gustaf VI Adolf, portrait. Kungens miniatyrporträtt - Wikipedia

Tags
jewellery, queen silvia, sweden