The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Serene Highness

I love the necklace Queen Silvia is wearing and the earring is certainly new to me but I love the necklace even more.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Aristocracy

Queen Silvia tonight:
Presidenttiparimme kuningasparin illallisvieraana Tukholmassa. | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi

Old 04-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Majesty

Silvia has several grand necklaces i must say
maybe more then many other royal houses

silvia wore a butterfly brosch the same victoria has worn .
i were worng its the same brosch she wore in germany
Old 05-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I just found out that Silvia got the Modern Fringe tiara as a 10 year wedding anniversary gift. Correct me if I am wrong but, I think she only has worn it as a tiara only once here in 2010. She has worn it as a neckace a couple of times though.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I just found out that Silvia got the Modern Fringe tiara as a 10 year wedding anniversary gift. Correct me if I am wrong but, I think she only has worn it as a tiara only once here in 2010. She has worn it as a neckace a couple of times though.
The picture you posted is from the 70th birthday dinner of Queen Margrethe. Afaik, it was the only time Silvia wore it as a tiare since Madeleine started to wear it. But she has worn it a couple of times before Madeleine got her hands on it.
It is widely believed that it is an anniversary present from the King. But unfortunately there is no solid proof for thesis. So might just treat the origin of this tiara as an unproven theory.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:51 AM
Majesty

The tiara can also be from a arab country as there were state visist to such countries during these year. i think Boris somewere in this thread or part thread when the first time shw wore it. Now i found Boris post ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Queen Silvia's contemporary cabochon ruby set, consisting of matching necklace, earrings, two bracelets and ring, was most probably a gift from the Sultan of Brunei in 2005:

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/570/gala02.jpg

I'm quite certain that at least some of Queen Silvia's sets of emeralds, four seperate modern ones altogether, are gifts from Arab rulers.

Even Silvia's modern diamond fringe tiara/necklace, shared with Princess Madeleine, could fall in the category.
It was always claimed (but never confirmed) that the piece is a 10th wedding anniversary gift from the King, but the style of it is very similar to the Harry Winston necklaces received by Queen Elizabeth II from Saudi Arabian Royals around the same time of the Swedish state visit to Saudi Arabia in 1981 - and the jewelry gifts to Queen Silvia which she must have received during that visit were never made public.
its kind of fun to tead though these threads... here is a link to the first thread
Old 05-08-2012, 05:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

As far as I know, the only 'source' for the modern diamond fringe tiara being a tenth anniversary gift from The King is a 'Svensk Dam' magazine article from the late 80s calling it a 'Love Gift'... not exactly what I'd file under 'information'.
The only detail the Court has ever stated about it is that it's privately owned by Queen Silvia.
As quoted by Josefine above, I think it might be a Harry Winston piece with a quite different provenance.

After Queen Silvia started to loan it to Princess Madeleine about ten years ago, she has continued to wear it both as tiara and necklace; as a tiara, it was worn by the Queen not only during Queen Margrethe's 70th birthday celebrations, but also for a representation gala and several state visits, for example to Romania and Australia.

Pic of the modern tiara worn for the state banquet in Australia in 2005:
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5...alia31ukp7.jpg
Old 05-08-2012, 06:25 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks Boris, for correcting my timeline. Do you also know when Silvia wore the modern fringe for the very first time?
Old 05-08-2012, 06:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Thanks Boris, for correcting my timeline. Do you also know when Silvia wore the modern fringe for the very first time?
I believe the modern fringe tiara was first seen in public in 1988 - the very first time was either an event in Sweden when it was worn as a tiara, or the long state visit in spring '88 to the USA, where Queen Silvia wore it a couple of times as a necklace.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Majesty

se there as we talk about the modern fringe tiara silvia wore it as a necklace last night in new york
Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Silvia combined her diamond fringe necklace with modern wave-shaped diamond earrings which she has very rarely worn - they were last seen in public about a decade ago:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6...cphotos725.jpg
Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Heir Apparent

It's really beautiful as a necklace; very delicate.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Beautiful choice of jewelry, but I was hope to see more clear pic of the earnings
Old 05-10-2012, 04:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pic of the only other time I recall these earrings being worn, at a 'Mentor' gala in Berlin in the year 2000:

http://s12.postimage.org/i4rwydra5/Screenshot_1.jpg
Old 05-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

I love the necklace more than the earrings, it's stunning!
Old 05-11-2012, 04:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here's a better close up of the rarely seen wave-shaped diamond earrings worn by Queen Silvia to the Manhattan World Childhood Foundation gala:

http://s15.postimage.org/6vu5rggh7/Wave_Earring.jpg
Old 05-11-2012, 06:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Boris for better image
The earnings are very beautiful, like the wave-shape, and I think is pity that Queen Silvia doesn't wear more often
Old 05-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Trying to find a closeup on the various brooche's at the funeral of Count Carl Johan Bernadotte.

http://i50.tinypic.com/33z44zo.jpg

Is it the same one as below?

http://i47.tinypic.com/iqj1jc.jpg
Old 05-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

No, they’re not the same brooches at all.
The brooch worn by Queen Silvia for the funeral of Count Carl Johan today is contemporary, a stylized lily (I guess) in yellow gold and diamonds, which she has had for about a decade.
Close up:
http://s15.postimage.org/es8rb42i3/Calla_Lily_Br.jpg

The diamond brooch in the second pic is the Brazilian Flower Brooch, part of the heritage of Empress Amalia of Brazil.
Close up:
http://s13.postimage.org/5nw3m0anr/brooch3456.jpg
Old 05-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, clearly very different brooches. Thanks for clarifying.

Tags
jewellery, queen silvia, sweden