Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The original tiara had pearl drops instead of the sapphires and the current (sapphire) pendants are still detachable.
That means, in theory, alternative pendants can be mo0unted into the tiara.

I did not know about the pearls, very interesting.

Will you be writing to Queen Silvia with the suggestion?

Oh, I am quite prepared to bombard each and every royal with letters 24/7/364 if it gets them to wear more jewellery, or find original ways of doing that. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure a suggestion from you to Queen Silvia about using emeralds interchangeably with the sapphires in the Leutenberg tiara would be well received - and if implemented, would give your blog additional kudos!

I actually just wrote a message through the website. Really. :D
The chances it will achieve anything are about 0,0000000001% but hey, you never know?

There's something about the amethyst tiara that jars with me; it's a gorgeous piece and I absolutely love those stones, but I feel it flattens out Silvia's head in comparison with the height of the tiaras in the other photos. I really loved how Madeleine wore it to the Nobel ceremony; almost like a hairband. The nine-prong is another I could take or leave, but Silvia wears it beautifully with her wonderful tiara hair. Thanks for posting, LadyFinn!

Agreed with you here!

I notice though that this is the only tiara like itself in the Bernadotte collection -a necklace made for a tiara. This piece is an exact, circle! The others have that shape that tiaras have causing to lay on your head easier and more regal!

Not that the amethysts are not beautiful and or regal by any means! They are (along with the pink topaz) my favorite of the Bernadotte collection.

Unfortunately, until they figure out how to fix the head peace, I think that the tiara will always flatten on the head -Madeline being the exception due to the way she wore it. Victoria like her mother seems to wear it on her head rather than similar to that of her sister.

I liked the way how Victoria wore the amethyst tiara at the wedding of Märtha Louise.
http://bildarkiv.iblbildbyra.se/fot...462D569DCD04C62651170ABE79EFF4F8344212&sz=800
I didn't like how Madeleine wore the tiara at the Nobel ceremony, it looked like it would drop from her head in any minute.

The amethyst tiara looks very rarely good on queen Silvia, here's another photo. Maybe she should leave this tiara to her daughters.
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...122DDMMddmm_amarantFoto+håkan+E+Bengtsson.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing this- it's the first I have seen Victoria wear the tiara like that... I rather like it! This is just a beautiful set!

Gorgeous, gorgeous pearls. I just love that diamond clasp that can definitely be worn in front.

And I think the princesses add a certain flair to the amethyst tiara, although Silvia is certainly no slouch in the tiara department herself!

Last edited:
yes the amythest looks better on the girls.
I just adore the cameo tiara, I could look at it forever.
Do not like the ruby tiara, don't like its "shields"

I agree completely about the ruby tiara! I wish it was a little smaller and perhaps it would not cry out shields!

These pearls are SO BEAUTIFUL!

Stunning!

Can't wait to see them on Victoria or Madeline on day!

To me, Queen Silvia is the master of tiara wearing and tiara hair. She very rarely looks bad, she know how to wear them, and how to wear the jewelry. She should give classes on it LOL!!:flowers:

:previous:
I agree: Silvia's tiara hair is pretty much unrivalled. And I do love the way she comes up with new hairstyles, and new ways of incorporating jewels into them, every time. Hopefully, Victoria has inherited that creativity from her mother.

These are SO BEAUTIFUL!
Stunning! Can't wait to see them on Victoria or Madeline on day!
Queen Silvia really does have a fabulous collection of pearl necklaces. My favourites, apart from that one, are the three-strand pearl necklace of Queen Josephine, and the two-strand necklace with diamond clasp that can also be worn as a one-strand long necklace.

The two brooches discussed in the other thread, nowadays mostly worn by Queen Silvia:
Queen Josephine's Pearl and Ruby Brooch
The Bernadotte Diamond Rose Brooch

Last edited:
Gorgeous!!! Oh my:flowers::flowers:

AMAZING :flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:
Tiara master .... Queen Silvia :heartflower:

We do have to give credit to the Swedish royal hairdressers for their inventiveness and artistry, and kudos to Silvia for encouraging their creativity with such spectacular tiara hair.

The necklace and earrings are absolutely stunning. The diamond clasp is also very beautiful. Such exquisite pearls.

Oh yes they are indeed very beautiful!

Can anyone of you recall what jewellery the queen has worn during mourning earlier?

:previous:

Pearls are the ideal mourning jewels, as it represents "tears of the sea".
BYe Bine

Thank you Ladyfinn for the pictures! I think the second picture might be the type of things Silvia and Victoria will wear tomorrow.

The cascade of pearls on Princess Lillian is certainly impressive. And I love how she and Silvia are holding hands. Thanks for the photos, LadyFinn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom