Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the necklace Queen Silvia is wearing and the earring is certainly new to me but I love the necklace even more.

Silvia has several grand necklaces i must say
maybe more then many other royal houses

silvia wore a butterfly brosch the same victoria has worn .
i were worng its the same brosch she wore in germany

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found out that Silvia got the Modern Fringe tiara as a 10 year wedding anniversary gift. Correct me if I am wrong but, I think she only has worn it as a tiara only once here in 2010. She has worn it as a neckace a couple of times though.

I just found out that Silvia got the Modern Fringe tiara as a 10 year wedding anniversary gift. Correct me if I am wrong but, I think she only has worn it as a tiara only once here in 2010. She has worn it as a neckace a couple of times though.
The picture you posted is from the 70th birthday dinner of Queen Margrethe. Afaik, it was the only time Silvia wore it as a tiare since Madeleine started to wear it. But she has worn it a couple of times before Madeleine got her hands on it.
It is widely believed that it is an anniversary present from the King. But unfortunately there is no solid proof for thesis. So might just treat the origin of this tiara as an unproven theory.

The tiara can also be from a arab country as there were state visist to such countries during these year. i think Boris somewere in this thread or part thread when the first time shw wore it. Now i found Boris post ...
Queen Silvia's contemporary cabochon ruby set, consisting of matching necklace, earrings, two bracelets and ring, was most probably a gift from the Sultan of Brunei in 2005:

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/570/gala02.jpg

I'm quite certain that at least some of Queen Silvia's sets of emeralds, four seperate modern ones altogether, are gifts from Arab rulers.

Even Silvia's modern diamond fringe tiara/necklace, shared with Princess Madeleine, could fall in the category.
It was always claimed (but never confirmed) that the piece is a 10th wedding anniversary gift from the King, but the style of it is very similar to the Harry Winston necklaces received by Queen Elizabeth II from Saudi Arabian Royals around the same time of the Swedish state visit to Saudi Arabia in 1981 - and the jewelry gifts to Queen Silvia which she must have received during that visit were never made public.

its kind of fun to tead though these threads... here is a link to the first thread

As far as I know, the only 'source' for the modern diamond fringe tiara being a tenth anniversary gift from The King is a 'Svensk Dam' magazine article from the late 80s calling it a 'Love Gift'... not exactly what I'd file under 'information'.;)
The only detail the Court has ever stated about it is that it's privately owned by Queen Silvia.
As quoted by Josefine above, I think it might be a Harry Winston piece with a quite different provenance.

After Queen Silvia started to loan it to Princess Madeleine about ten years ago, she has continued to wear it both as tiara and necklace; as a tiara, it was worn by the Queen not only during Queen Margrethe's 70th birthday celebrations, but also for a representation gala and several state visits, for example to Romania and Australia.

Pic of the modern tiara worn for the state banquet in Australia in 2005:
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/50/swedeninaustralia31ukp7.jpg

Thanks Boris, for correcting my timeline. Do you also know when Silvia wore the modern fringe for the very first time?

Thanks Boris, for correcting my timeline. Do you also know when Silvia wore the modern fringe for the very first time?
I believe the modern fringe tiara was first seen in public in 1988 - the very first time was either an event in Sweden when it was worn as a tiara, or the long state visit in spring '88 to the USA, where Queen Silvia wore it a couple of times as a necklace.

Beautiful choice of jewelry, but I was hope to see more clear pic of the earnings :)

:previous:
Thanks Boris for better image:flowers:
The earnings are very beautiful, like the wave-shape, and I think is pity that Queen Silvia doesn't wear more often :)

Yes, clearly very different brooches. Thanks for clarifying.:)

She also wore the lily at the funeral of Sigvard Bernadotte.

Here is a photo of the rings she usually wears. This is the best shot of her engagement ring that I have seen.

Pic

I love her engagement ring! It's very beautiful, timeless, and elegant. The ruby ring is beautiful, I wonder what the story behind it is.

Last edited:
Queen Silvia has worn this combination of three rings on a daily basis for about ten years – her diamond engagement ring, wedding ring, and the ring with central ruby flanked by two diamonds. Would love to know its special meaning too.
Also in this pic, a favourite ring with a sapphire surrounded by two rows of diamonds, frequently seen on her right hand:
http://s9.postimage.org/xh5d7nh0f/Silvia_rings_1.jpg

Closer view of the sapphire ring:
http://s9.postimage.org/3rs6faxun/Screenshot_saphr.jpg

By the way, another piece with a special meaning has suddenly gone:
Her Cartier ‘Love Bracelet’ in yellow gold, which she has worn daily on her right wrist for every occasion since the year 1981, disappeared a few weeks ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom