Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the Braganca Diamond Tiara she wore last night was a long time since we say "i think" but it was great to see once more

Queen Silvia wore a completely new ruby demi-parure for the recent gala in New York's Winter Garden, see the link on this forum:
http://img140.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc162&image=10209_gala4.jpg
The design is most beautiful IMO ( looks like late 20's/early 30s? ) and the necklace is quite impressive, so would anybody have any info about this new addition to her jewelry collection?
My hope is that she might combine it with the rarely worn Connaught ruby tiara she has to form a complete ruby parure.

Queen Siliva wore some beautiful jewelry in Luxembourg.

Here is a beautiful diamond and emerald necklace. One of my recent favorite pieces that Queen Siliva has worn. (From Getty Images): http://www.imgster.com/ims/pic.php?u=274QBivf&i=3326

You can see a bit of her necklace and earrings, I couldn't find a better picture with a clearer view of her necklace. (From Getty Images): http://www.imgster.com/ims/pic.php?u=274QBivf&i=3327

This was not in Luxembourg but I thought it was a beautiful gold and pearl drop necklace. (From Getty Images): http://www.imgster.com/ims/pic.php?u=274QBivf&i=3328

I don't have any images to add right now although I am looking, but just wanted to say how well she always wears her jewellry. They are all magnificant and she never disappoints with her classy style! The Bernadotte jewels are definitely my favorite.

Margrethe II said:
The Swedish cameo tiara would have to be my least favourite world wide.

Hmmm, while I agree that the tiara may not be the most beautiful, certainly you can appreciate the uniqueness of it. It is (as far as I know) the only large cameo tiara in use by a royal family, and you just don't see very many cameo tiaras that are that large. It is, I suppose, a relic of a very specific time (the beginning of the 19th century).

Actually, it was this tiara which first captivated me when I saw it on television while in the United Kingdom. I guess it's for that reason that I still appreciate it so much. Queen Silvia has so many beautiful tiaras, that I really appreciate the stranger ones for their ability to shake things up a bit. Perhaps I'm jaded.

has anyone bought the catalog on the queen dresses from the nobel dinners there should be photos on her jewllery also

Josefine said:
has anyone bought the catalog on the queen dresses from the nobel dinners there should be photos on her jewllery also

I have... It's a nice little book but there are not many new informations...

:)

Collection of queens Silvia tiaras + other tiaras of Bernadotte foundation:
Nepojmenovan1.jpg

sorry, but I couldnt find good pic of Baden fringe tiara

You haven´t got the ruby tiara, even though one can wonder if it is still in the possetion of the RF since we only have seen Silvia wear it once - at Prince Joakim & Alexandras wedding in 1995, atleast that´s the only time i can recall seeing the queen wearing it. But maybe she has it locked up in the vaults beacuse of the dispute with prince Sigvard a few years ago

ok :) thaks!
but good image of that tiara is really hard to find, because, I found only photoshopped version :lol: and on other photos it vas very blury. *sigh*

small photos of the tiara can be found in my blogg

mims111 said:
... good image of that tiara is really hard to find, because, I found only photoshopped version :lol: and on other photos it vas very blury. *sigh*
mims, is this what you're after?

Diamond & Ruby Tiara

SwedenConnaughtRubyDiamondTiara.jpg

courtesy Wartski tiara exhibition and P de V, March 1997

Ye Gods and Little Fishes,

Talk about an ugly piece of jewelry, no wonder the marvelous Sylvia does not wear it. I used to think those button thingies were the living end, next of course to the QMII poppy queen of outer space horror but this really is the living end. Right up there with the Wurtemburg Ruby Good Witch of the East State Fair Tiara. Why is it that people have such a hard time with rubies. But they do.

The best thing they could do with this monstrosity is to have a raffle and raise money for the poor starving people of Dafour with that plug ugly as the door prize. The people of Sweden would find that right up their alley. cheers.

That was a gift from King Edward VII of England to Margaret of Connaught when she married the future King Gustav VI Adolf in 1905. In fact, it was part or an entire ruby parure. The shape in particular does not go with our current ideas of fashion, but at the time, perched above the "Gibson Girl" hair, it looked lovely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the Queen ever worn the Baden Fringe tiara? I have yet to see a picture where she is wearing it.

Queen Silvia has worn the Baden Fringe tiara frequently until CP Victoria started wearing it. For several years she shared it with Princess Lilian. There are a few pics on Josefine's blog
http://swedish-royal-jewlery.blogspot.com/
and also in the first part of this thread.

I believe the last time Queen Silvia wore the Baden fringe tiara was at the gala during thde state visit to Russia in late 2001, I believe. It's the pic with the green velvet dress on your blog, Josefine.
Coming up with the exact number of how many times she wore it is quite an impossible task as she wore it continously from 1976 on, both in Sweden and on state visits, though never for the Nobel. Generally, it was reserved for slightly 'less grand' occasions.
These days it's the tiara that suits CP Victoria best IMO, but I also like the way Queen Silvia wore it - less close to her head and more part of her great upswept hairdos.
There are so many fringe tiaras around in Royal collections, but the shape & design of this one is my favorite.
I also appreciate the way how the Swedish RF considers some tiaras as strictly being worn by one member, lending a personal touch, while certain others (like the unfortunate button tiaras) are being shared. The six button tiara might be the only one worn by Princess Madeleine, Princess Lilian, CP Victoria and Queen Silvia.

The six button tiara might be the only one worn by Princess Madeleine, Princess Lilian, CP Victoria and Queen Silvia.

Don't forget Princess Birgitta, Boris. She wore the 6-Button to the King's 60th birthday celebrations. That makes five living Swedish royal women who have worn that tiara.

Here's who has worn the others:

Baden Fringe - Silvia, Lillian, Victoria, Desiree, Christina.
Braganca Diamond - Silvia (I think only the queen may wear this one).
Connaught Forget-Me-Not - Silvia, Desiree, Christina.
Aquamarine Bandeau - Madeleine, Silvia, Christina.
4-Button-Victoria, Margaretha, Birgitta, Desiree, Christina.
Cameo Tiara-Silvia, Birgitta, Desiree. (maybe soon Victoria, Madeleine, & Emma?)
King Carl XVI Gustaf Fringe-Silvia, Madeleine, Victoria (only as a necklace).
King Edward VII Ruby-Silvia, Countess Marianne Bernadotte (as a necklace).
Leuchtenberg Sapphire-Silvia, Birgitta.
Napoleonic Cut-Steel - Silvia, Christina, Victoria.
Queen Josephine's Amethysts-Silvia, Victoria, Christina, Margaretha.
Queen Louise's Diamond Tiara-Desiree, Margaretha, Christina.
Queen Sophie's Nine-Prong-Silvia, Lillian, Margaretha.

I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anyone, unless someone is still alive that I am unaware of.

Mapper

Great list, 'Mapper'!
Just a few additional notes:
The cameo tiara and Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara have only been worn by Queen Silvia since her marriage.
Countess Marianne Bernadotte also wore the Kingward VII ruby tiara as a tiara once, in the early 1980's when invited to one of the New Year's galas at the Palace.
Both Queen Silvia and Princess Lilian have stopped wearing the Baden fringe tiara since it became CP Victoria's 'Trademark'.
Princess Lilian stopped wearing the Nine-Prong-tiara in the 1980s, leaving it exclusively for Queen Silvia.
And finally, it's totally new to me that Queen Silvia ever wore the aquamarine bandeau tiara! As you obviously have a great overview, do you remember when and on what occasion?

And finally, it's totally new to me that Queen Silvia ever wore the aquamarine bandeau tiara! As you obviously have a great overview, do you remember when and on what occasion?

Okay, total brain cramp! It was Desiree not Silvia who wore the aquamarine bandeau. Thanks for your other updates as well, Boris!

Mapper

Silvia wore her ruby necklace in the US last night is there any good close uo on the necklace

So silvia wore the Leuchtenberg Sapphire tiara at the nobel 2006

Josefine said:
So silvia wore the Leuchtenberg Sapphire tiara at the nobel 2006

Yes, Josefine, and she looked ravishing. Those jewels are one of my favorites. Absolutely breathtaking.

At last night gala silvia wore the cut steel tiara and a necklace we have not seen in many years

Her_Majesty said:
Attending the "bambie-award" (30-11-2006)

Wearing a red necklace and matching earrings

red necklace
another view

(ANP)

It's rare to see a new grand set of jewelry appearing on any Queen these days, so what's your take on this demi-parure, dear fellow posters?
There was never any definite opinion given on Queen Silvia's new set featuring necklace, matching earrings, a very large ring... and I bet there might be a matching bracelet out there as well.
I wonder if the red stones are cabochon rubies or mere garnets? Are they set in yellow gold plus diamonds? Also, at first glance I thought it might be a vintage 1930's design but of course I might be wrong -ideas, anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom