Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished watching the royal jewels documentary in in one clip I noticed Silvia was wearing the Sapphire Tiara and had a diamond riviere wrapped around the base. Does anyone have a photo of this and how often the tiara has been worn like this. In the video it looks rather nice!
Queen Silvia has worn the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara only on one occasion with a diamond rivière added to the base (similar to what CP Victoria did this year with the six button tiara), and that was the Nobel ceremony in 1984.
The rivière continued on the back of her elaborate updo towards the two sapphire hair pins of the parure.

Here's one pic from that year:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

The Dutch Royal Family has a very nice and elegant diamond watch, wonder why the SRF doesn't have/wear one?
Thanks for the close up images!
CP Victoria has a diamond evening watch with a link strap which she has worn frequently.
Although the new TV documentary shows again how genuine and strong Queen Silvia's interest in jewelry is, she must obviously have a dislike of bejewelled evening watches.

As far as I know, she has two - a diamond and gold watch with very narrow face which she only wore for a few years in the very beginning as Queen in the 70s, and then the platinum watch with diamond face which was seen only at her daughters wedding (where keeping an eye on the time was probably a must).

Last edited:
:previous:

I thought I remembered a close-up of a very nice dress watch from the wedding. Thanks for reminding me, Boris. I wonder why Silvia doesn't use this one more often when she is not wearing large bracelets on both wrists. We'll probably never know.

I am a big fan of the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara, and in general of Silvia's style, but I do think the additional diamond riviere is a bit superfluous here. There tiara is not short of either diamonds or height, so I am not sure what the riviere adds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a close look at one of Queen Silvia's brooches and notice that in the middle of this diamond brooch is letter S and crown.It's very splendid :) :lucky:
Does anyone know from when is this brooch and how gave her this BEAUTIFUL present ?!?

I am just guessing here, but with the S and the crown above perhaps it was made for Queen Sophie who was married to King Oscar II, and therefore has been passed down.

Tarlita said:
I am just guessing here, but with the S and the crown above perhaps it was made for Queen Sophie who was married to King Oscar II, and therefore has been passed down.

Quite possibly ! It could also be a brooch from the late Crown Princess Sibylla !?

Queen Silvia has worn the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara only on one occasion with a diamond rivière added to the base (similar to what CP Victoria did this year with the six button tiara), and that was the Nobel ceremony in 1984.
The rivière continued on the back of her elaborate updo towards the two sapphire hair pins of the parure.

Here's one pic from that year:

I would have loved to see how the riviere was incorporated into Silivia's hairstyle. It was certainly unnecessary to add more gems or height to that massive tiara. That must have been an exceedingly long strand to wind itself around the tiara and then into her hair, which is in itself a work of art when she wears tiaras. This is the most favorite for me of Silvia's tiaras; it's so huge and thickly encrusted with stones. She always carries it magnificently on her head.

Omg! I love the close up of the brooch, the "hidden" S initial is fantastic-

I found a close look at one of Queen Silvia's brooches and notice that in the middle of this diamond brooch is letter S and crown.It's very splendid :) :lucky:
Does anyone know from when is this brooch and how gave her this BEAUTIFUL present ?!?
Unfortunately, I've never found any info about the provenance of this very intricate brooch with the 'S' topped by a crown, which is not a depiction of her official monogram.
Queen Silvia has only worn it about two or three times, for the first time in the late 1990s.
On the other hand, one of her favorite pieces is a two-row pearl bracelet which features her official monogram of two mirrored, crossed 'S' with a crown in diamonds as a clasp.

Here, she's wearing the 'S' brooch in Paris in 2005:

Unfortunately, I've never found any info about the provenance of this very intricate brooch with the 'S' topped by a crown, which is not a depiction of her official monogram.
Queen Silvia has only worn it about two or three times, for the first time in the late 1990s.
On the other hand, one of her favorite pieces is a two-row pearl bracelet which features her official monogram of two mirrored, crossed 'S' with a crown in diamonds as a clasp.

Here, she's wearing the 'S' brooch in Paris in 2005:
:previous:
That pearl bracelet is magnificent :).Also one of my favorite Silvia's pearl necklaces :)
pic1 pic2

I have always loved this pearl necklace, but never realized it was supposed to resemble the Queen's Royal "S" and crown- thanks for enlightening me!

I have always loved this pearl necklace, but never realized it was supposed to resemble the Queen's Royal "S" and crown- thanks for enlightening me!
Well... two letters 'S' could be seen in the clasp of the necklace as well, but I think it's simply a wavy swirl motif.
MagMil was actually referring to Silvia's bracelet with the crowned monogram which I had mentioned before.
Here's a close up of the bracelet:

The favorite pearl necklace originally belonged to Princess Sibylla and was King Carl Gustaf's gift to Queen Silvia on the occasion of CP Victoria's christening. It can be worn alternatively as one long row or as a two-row necklace.

At Victoria's christening:

Close up:

Well... two letters 'S' could be seen in the clasp of the necklace as well, but I think it's simply a wavy swirl motif.
MagMil was actually referring to Silvia's bracelet with the crowned monogram which I had mentioned before.
Here's a close up of the bracelet:

The favorite pearl necklace originally belonged to Princess Sibylla and was King Carl Gustaf's gift to Queen Silvia on the occasion of CP Victoria's christening. It can be worn alternatively as one long row or as a two-row necklace.

At Victoria's christening:

Close up:
Thanks for picture of the bracelet :) I don't have picture to post :)
And posted one of my favorite necklaces ;)

Beautiful brooch indeed, I really liked it :flowers:

Oh my word, that bracelet and double-strand pearl necklace are just gorgeous. I'm a pearl girl myself, so am in raptures over the size of those pearls; they remind me of the huge pop-bead necklaces I played with as a child. These must be at least 15 millimeters in diameter, if not more. And I like how Silvia wore the necklace at the christening; she split the two strands and showcased that stunning clasp as a dangling pendant. Very creative.

Thank you for another eye-opening necklace, but I have to confess I don't care for it as much as the double-strand one. I'm not into the multi-color motif, although dare I query that those pearls are actually larger?

Yes, I think, the multi-coloured pearls are larger and surely modern, but maybe the double-stand necklace is the more valuable one, as is is older, and maybe the pearls are REALLY natural ones....
BYe Bine

If the two sets of multi-colored pearls Queen Silvia owns consist of cultured but naturally grown pearls (like for example her necklace of Tahitian black pearls, which reportedly took quite some time to assemble), then their value is also considerable, though not their historic value - yet.
Queen Silvia’s second multi-colored set of smaller pearls with matching earrings:

I would take the double-strand pearl necklace over those multi-colored ones any day. But I have to admit the dangling pearl earrings have me in raptures! Those look like the size of marbles. Can anyone post a link to Silvia's Tahitian black pearl necklace? That's got to be gorgeous.

Last edited:
Definitely Queen Silvia has a very large collection of pearls and all are beautiful in there own way. I loved almost all Silvia's jewels, they are elegant and modern :flowers:, and she wears a very ROYAL like a truly Queen :queen4: :rose:

Can anyone post a link to Silvia's Tahitian black pearl necklace?
Here, Queen Silvia is wearing her understated set of Tahitian black pearls with pavé-set diamond center and matching stud earrings:

And a pic of her more elaborate necklace of grey pearls, in a modern but somehow archaic-looking, possibly Indian design - set in yellow gold with cabochon rubies, diamonds, a carved central stone and diamond drop pendant:

I happen to love South Sea pearls, and I think Queen Slivia has an amazing collection, and wears them very well. when you see South Sea pearls in person, they have a luminance that doesn't always translate well in photographs, IMO.

Connaught tiara and silvias own tiara necklace were worn tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom