Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
at the official visit from norway to sweden 2005 silvia wore a brosch to the gala dinner what brosch did she wear, cant find a photo
On that occasion, Queen Silvia wore the flower brooch from Queen Josefina with doamonds, pearls and small rubies on her red Norwegian sash.
Coincidentally, she also wore this brooch last night at the American-Scandinavian Foundation’s Centennial Ball in New York as a hair ornament.

Pic from last night:
Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers[]&searchtype=newsearch&searchSet=no&searchSetName=&searchHZ=height&searchVT=width&daterng=

Pic from the 2005 gala dinner:
IBL Bildbyrå - Royaltyfria bilder, historiska bilder, illustrationsbilder med mera.

October 21, 2011

American-Scandinavian Foundation´s 100th anniversary

Images have been cropped and aren´t subject of copyright

Attachments

• silvia.jpg
    silvia.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 409
Thank you Salma, especially the close-up of Queen Josefina's brooch is great.

Thank you Salma, especially the close-up of Queen Josefina's brooch is great.
You´re welcome:flowers: Do you have any info about the ring?

and she also wore the fringe tiara necklace used by madeleine as a tiara

Ah, yes, I like to fondly refer to this as the "Fortress Tiara," since it's such a solid, glorious battlement of diamonds and sapphires perching above. And I love how Silvia wears it so creatively.

Last edited:
do you think that this piece also could be wore in some king of grand collier? this since its laying flat i the case...or maybe a huge devent de corsage? and the maybe the orginal collier could be used like a tiara, something in the style as the amethyst tiara in the norwegien collection

Now that is my idea of Nirvana - getting to wear all those drop-dead, gorgeous beauties on top of my little old head. That's a very nice compilation of Silvia's tiaras throughout the years; I enjoy seeing her innovative "tiara hair" almost as much as I do those tiaras. My favorite always remains that massive fortress of diamonds and sapphires. True love. :wub:

Last edited:
I'm with you, Baroness. To me tiaras need to sparkle. Try as I might, I can't learn to like the Cameo Tiara. It's just ugly.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
Hairstyle and all outfit with jewellery was absolutely stunning :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally I don't like this tiara (is heavy looking) but on Q Silvia looks great. With dress and all diamond jewels gives great impression. Hairstyle is nice too, but it's nothing new, Swedish ladies just have the best hairdresser.

Silvia is the only one who can make this tiara look so elegant! Plus, I love hairstyle today, one of the best I've ever seen. Shot hair is suiting her really well.

Normally I don't like this tiara (is heavy looking) but on Q Silvia looks great. With dress and all diamond jewels gives great impression. Hairstyle is nice too, but it's nothing new, Swedish ladies just have the best hairdresser.

I've never been too crazy about the Nine-Prong tiara, either, but in this outing Silvia wears it beautifully. She carries tiara-wearing to an art, helped by her talented hairdressers and the rest of her ensemble..

I'm going to help Carl Gustaf with his Christmas shopping. He needs to buy Silvia a diamond evening watch. I saw several pictures from the Nobel Prize dinner on Saturday that showed Silvia wearing what appears to be a tank style watch with a black leather band. Silvia is too classy to be wearing a daytime watch with a formal gown and tiara. I wish I could post a picture but none of the ones I saw were that clear and I am not that computer literate to add it.

I have noticed that she hasn't been wearing her wedding ring... does this mean she doesn't feel married to the king?

I have noticed that she hasn't been wearing her wedding ring... does this mean she doesn't feel married to the king?

:previous:
She was wear her wedding ring, and engagement ring, but not the third one with ruby stone,that's the three rings she wears all the time :)
pic1
pic2

Last edited:
Does anyone know anything about the large ring she was wearing on her other hand, her right hand?

I know exactly what you're talking about since I noticed the same thing! I saw a closeup of Silvia wearing a casual wristwatch with a leather band amidst all those glorious jewels and evening gown. I thought it was such an incongruous look and so out of place. Maybe Silvia does have more dressy watches, but I can't figure out why she wouldn't wear one to a formal occasion. If I find that picture, I'll post it.
I noticed it too:lol:

I just finished watching the royal jewels documentary in in one clip I noticed Silvia was wearing the Sapphire Tiara and had a diamond riviere wrapped around the base. Does anyone have a photo of this and how often the tiara has been worn like this. In the video it looks rather nice!

The Dutch Royal Family has a very nice and elegant diamond watch, wonder why the SRF doesn't have/wear one?
Thanks for the close up images!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom