Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't look aquamarine in the photo but it cld just be the lighting. Thanks very much, Boris. Your a wealth of knowledge.

Correct - when she received the order of the Amaranther several years ago, Princess Madeleine wore the brooch as part of a silk band choker around her neck (along with Queen Silvia's modern diamond fringe tiara):

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9650/parel1.jpg

It's a very beautiful and classic brooch, but I don't like it worn like that. I hate chokers anyway.:cool:

I agree it works much better as a brooch, and not a choker. I'm not too fond of chokers the feel & look uncomfortable, IMO.

maybe not the best combination with the brosch as a choker but i like that they try to use it in different ways

Silvia wore the connaught tiara, a 3 row pearl necklace and a pearl dimond gold brosch last night at the diner for the stonien state visit

How many 3 row pearl neckleces does silvia have?
and if i look at photos, this brosch has not been used at galas to many times.

The Connaught Tiara is really stunning on QSilvia!

Last edited:
Yes I love that tiara...I loved it on Madeleine at Victorias wedding.

I was delighted to see Queen Silvia wearing the Connaught tiara as a change. The Nine Prong tiara is beautiful, but it seems as if the Queen was wearing too much and it was getting a bit boring for me.:flowers: I hope Silvia wears the ruby tiara sometime soon.

I like the Connaught tiara on Q Silvia - I loved it on Madde too - though I'm not too fond of this particular combination. This tiara with pearls?! A no-no IMO.

:previous: The amethyst parure is very well matched with the gown. And Queen Silvia had a good hairstyles for the amethyst tiara, which needs a lot of volume in the hair. Because it is very wide, it often looks like it is sticking out at the sides, especially when worn by Victoria.

IMO it does not get any prettier than this amethyst parure- gorgeous!

It's usually just the Ameythst tiara or the parure when worn with the rest of the ameythst pieces. I don't think it has a particular name.

What's the name of this tiara??
I've never seen her wear it before.

Love the jewels.
The set is simply called the "Napoleonic amethyst parure", as it was made in the early 19th century, originally belonging to Queen Josefina, and is a fine example of Empire jewelry.
Queen Silvia hasn't worn the complete parure for almost seven years, and I'm glad to see her wearing it again. IMHO it never looked quite right on CP Victoria, whose head and face shape it just doesn't really fit, while it's perfect on Queen Silvia.

so its the baden fringe tiara wich has not been worn by silvia for many years 2001 in russia? and the 6 botton tiara (only worn once by silvia)
all other tiaras is worn now and then the past years

As you certainly know Josefine, the one tiara from the Bernadotte collection which Queen Silvia has never worn is the 4 button/rosettes tiara (wise, wise...).

As you certainly know Josefine, the one tiara from the Bernadotte collection which Queen Silvia has never worn is the 4 button/rosettes tiara (wise, wise...).

yes and i think we are very happy she only wore the 6 botton tiara once. :lol:

in my post i were thinking of the tiaras she has worn during the years as queen.
i do hope we will see the baden fringe tiara on silvia some day.

last time she wore different tiaras
Napoleonic amethyst parure january 2011
Connaught january 2011
Braganca Diamond Tiara june 2010
baden fringe tiara 2001
cameo tiara ?
silvias fringe tiara april 2010
leuchtenberg tiara december 2010
6 button tiara 2006?
ruby tiara march 2009
9 prog tiara december 2010

Last edited:
I think the last time she wore the ruby tiara was December, 11th 2009.
When did she wear the steel cut tiara for the last time?
I think that the Baden fringe is now exclusively worn by the Crown Princess. So maybe we won't see Silvia wearing it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the amethyst necklace and earrings more than the tiara actually. The whole set looks lovely on Q Silvia and she couldn't have found a more appropriate dress to match the parure! Well done!

For Josefine and Tilla C.:
The cut steel tiara was last worn by Queen Silvia in January 2007 for one of the King’s representation dinners at the Palace, with the cut-steel choker and earrings.
She wore the cameo parure last during the state visit to Austria in November 2007.

I also believe that the Baden Fringe is considered to be exclusively worn by CP Victoria now.

I love the Amethyst tiara, but Imo looks much better on Silvia when she wears it with an updo.

so the cameo tiara were not worn for 2½ - 3 years i thougt this tiara had outings more often
i do hope we will se the necklace and earings of the cut steel tiara in HG its one of the few items we do not have a really good close up

Last edited by a moderator:
Boris said:
The set is simply called the "Napoleonic amethyst parure", as it was made in the early 19th century, originally belonging to Queen Josefina, and is a fine example of Empire jewelry.
Queen Silvia hasn't worn the complete parure for almost seven years, and I'm glad to see her wearing it again. IMHO it never looked quite right on CP Victoria, whose head and face shape it just doesn't really fit, while it's perfect on Queen Silvia.

Thanks.
For a minute there the tiara looked blue....I need to get my eyes checked!

do you think it would be possible to have an other frame, not so "high" for the tiara, making it closeer to the head, or would this be more uncomfortable to wear?

last time she wore different tiaras after some help by other memebers.

baden fringe tiara 2001
6 button tiara 2006
cameo tiara november 2007
cutsteel tiara january 2007
ruby tiara december 2009
9 prog tiara december 2010
silvias fringe tiara april 2010
leuchtenberg tiara december 2010
Braganca Diamond Tiara june 2010
Napoleonic amethyst parure january 2011
Connaught january 2011

so i predict cutsteel tiara but 2011 for the cameo tiara 1012
we will never never see the 6 botton tiara again on silvia, i think she ahs seen the photos and said not again ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom