Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2009, 01:39 AM
Majesty

and a modern set in yellow gold and green tourmaline

now yoyu got me all wondering
it can´t be this one
from ibl
IBL Bildbyrå - Royaltyfria bilder, historiska bilder, illustrationsbilder med mera.

no. no now i know that were not the necklace

the ruby set how could i forget that, but i cant remember a braclet
http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/fotoweb/...ED4CF120C9E924

I have seen 4 new emerlad necklaces, A few of them you Boris have told me about. What i did not know that there were earings and braclet to each necklace
here is one with necklace and earings
http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/Fotoweb/...A0AEBCE5AC89C5

Old 06-21-2009, 02:08 AM
Aristocracy

I found this link on the web about the Bernadotte Family Foundation(?)
Bernadotte Family Foundation

Old 06-21-2009, 05:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Your ibl link is not working for me, but here is the set I mentioned made of yellow gold, green toirmalines, diamonds and a sapphire, in a starkly modern design:

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6885/417706r.jpg

The cabochon ruby set, which was most likely a gift from the Sultan of Brunei in 2004, consists indeed of necklace, earrings, ring, and two wide bracelets.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Nobility

http://www.missmaud.com.au/write/QueenLge.jpg
Old 09-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Silvia hosted a meeting on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child at the Bernadotte Library in Stockolm Palace today and wore a set of jewelry which has not been worn in public for decades:
Her set of corals, yellow gold and diamonds, including a necklace, matching stud earrings and bracelet, which was only seen once in public before - almost thirty years ago.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4915/10855835.jpg
Old 09-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Serene Highness

I really liked that coral set on Q.Silvia.The necklace matches her orange jacket so well!
Old 09-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton View Post
Can someone tell me the provenance of the Swedish RF's Braganca tiara?

thanks!

The Braganca Diamond Tiara belonged to Empress Amalie of Brazil. When she died, her sole surviving sister was Queen Josephine of Sweden and she left all of her belongings to her.

This included not only juwellery but also an impressive collection of silver known as the Brazilian silverware and is frequently used as table decoration at official and state dinners at the Royal Palace in Stockholm.

The Braganca Tiara is also known as the Coronation Tiara. The tiara itself is very heavy and uncomfortable to wear and the late Queen Louise complained that it gave her wounds on her scull and a severe headache. Now adays, it is ursually only worn at state visits. Queen Louise wore it together with the old court dress at the opening of the parliament in throne hall of the palace but this ceremony has been abolished and the opening now takes place at the parliament at a more modest ceremony.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ok, all I want to know is, Has Q Silvia EVER had a bad hair day? I mean jezz, she looks stunning in all the photos- one of my personal favorites is the recent the coral set, and I love modern emerald in gold contemporary set. Hair up, down, with hat, with tiara, it matters not, flawless!!!! No?

I wish Victoria would take note and follow suit- tired of her pony tail or bun! IMHO.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:27 AM
Majesty

this is a try to see of i can collect the information there is on the swedish royal jewllery
Swedish Royal Jewellery - Home
a big thank you to all who so often tells me and others about the jewllery; Boris, Mia and so many more.......

From svensk damtining this week tehy told that the Braganca Tiara is not that heavy. and quite felxible what i understand.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Josefine, thank you so much for the Swedish Royal Jewelry link, I spent quite some time studying it. IMHO, I thinkg the SRF has the best collection of Royal Jewelry, and I love the fact that they wear them regularly. Im sure we will have many more years of being able to observe these wonderful historical pieces on Victoria and Madeline.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Serene Highness

I have to thank you for the link,too,Josefine.The SRF has some quite interesting & unique tiaras.I love their designs!
Old 10-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
From svensk damtining this week tehy told that the Braganca Tiara is not that heavy. and quite felxible what i understand.
I saw that article too but it actually the first time I have heard that the Braganca tiara is easy to wear. Both Queen Sophia and Queen Lovisa (in addition to Louise) complained it was very uncomfortable. I read this in a book but unfortunately I can't remember the title. I'll get back to you if I remember.

Maybe Queen Silvia's thick hair and the shape of her head makes her better suited to wear the beautifull tiara.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

The source in the article is Christian Bolin, current head of jewelers W. A. Bolin, who have been Court Jewelers to the Swedish Kings since the end of the 18th century… so it’s indeed a reliable source stating that the Braganca tiara is not as heavy to wear as it might appear to be.

For me, the Bernadotte collection is indeed the ‘best’ of any current reigning royal family – both in terms of historic interest and in terms of sheer beauty.
There’s nothing that tops the craftsmanship of French jewelry from the early 19th century, and this collection includes some of the finest examples, along with Russian and German 19th century jewels and the best of the Edwardian era as well.

You did a great job Josefine, that’s a wonderful start for a new website about the Swedish jewels!
There are a few minor misunderstandings, and I hope you don’t mind if I’ll point them out to you on your own ‘comment’ page, but your site is definitely a real enrichment!
Old 10-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Interesting piece of information, that tiara looking at it alone makes me think its quite heavy. I wonder what makes it not heavy or it oculd just be out imagination on the bigger the heavier. I would assume it would be not as comftable to wear though.
Its a lovely tiara, something you hardly see in other royal houses.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Considering the large variety of jewels at her disposal, Queen Silvia's choice for this year's Nobel Awards ceremony was certainly disappointing - maybe her least impressing appearance ever. But I think it still deserves a round-up. She wore:
- Queen Sofia's Nine Prong diamond tiara
- Queen Josefina's very large drop pearl earrings
- The Brazilian flower spray brooch, part of Empress Amélie's heritage
- and a necklace of oriental pearls which is one of the oldest pieces from the vaults, going back to the collection of the dynasty's first King, Karl XIV Johan = Marshall Jean Baptiste Bernadotte.
All in all, I think there is no way Queen Silvia will NOT look better at the Nobel 'Day After' gala which is coming up tonight.
Pic:

Picture details
Old 12-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Royal Highness

I adore this tiara, but I think that will be look better with different dress, in different color. The brooch is gorgeous, I'm not a big fan of this earrings. I'm waiting for a tonight gala...
Old 12-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have to say that I too am looking forward to another gala tonight. I am not impressed with the way the Queen put these pieces together. I adore the pieces individually but together for me they don't say WOW. If she'd worn a diamond necklace and earrings or her tiara had pearls in it, the look (for me) would have coordinated better.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

I liked the tiara and the brooch, but that's about it. The pearl necklace seemed too restrained for me. Diamonds or gemstones would've looked much better IMO. I liked it when the Queen wore the amethyst set with this outfit for the danish wedding in 2004, but do understand why she let Victoria wear the set on this occasion.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday Queen Silvia wore the ruby tiara again, together with an old diamond necklace which has often been worn by Princess Lilian. I'm not fond of the dress with the tiara, but am glad that we see it more often now. It's the 2nd time she wore it this year and I hope we'll see it more regularly now.
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/galle...kungaparet.jpg
Old 12-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Although I like the tiara, and I like the necklace Q Silvia wore, they dont go with the purple drape 1970's gown. Total mis-match for a Queen who has much better at her disposal. A real thumbs down disappointment for me.

Tags
jewellery, queen silvia, sweden